A bunch of alerts

Abba

Current Service Status / Subways-BDFM

Posted: 05/24/2011 12:34PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a rail condition at the 9th Avenue Station, there is no (D) train service in both directions from the 36th Street Station (Brooklyn) to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Please allow additional travel time.

And:

Current Service Status / Subways-NQR

Posted: 05/24/2011 1:25PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to signal problems at the Queensboro Plaza Station:

Select uptown (Q) trains are terminating at the 42nd Street-Times Square Station or the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station.

Uptown (R) trains are running on the (F) line from the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station to the 36th Street Station (Queens).

And now there is this one

Current Service Status / Subways-456

Posted: 05/24/2011 1:28PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to debris on the track at the Longwood Avenue Station, downtown (6)trains are running express from the Hunts Point Avenue Station to the 3rd Avenue-138th Street Station.

About the (D) train problem is there a way to temporarily suspend the G.O so that there shouldn't be a complete suspension of West End Service?

Now:

Due to a rail condition at the 9th Avenue Station, there is no (D) train service in both directions from the 36th Street Station (Brooklyn) to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take (N) train or local bus service making nearby station stops.

(plus the GO)

and

Due to track maintenance at the Queensboro Plaza Station:

Select uptown (Q) trains are terminating at the 42nd Street-Times Square Station or the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station.

Uptown (R) trains are running on the (F) line from the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station to the 36th Street Station (Queens).

Current Service Status / Subways-BDFM

Posted: 05/24/2011 12:34PM

How does a Broadway BMT train connect to the 6th Ave line? I am not aware of any connections from 57th St/7th Ave station and the 57th St/6th Ave station. Am I wrong?

After leaving Lexington Avenue/63rd Street, a detoured (R) train can cross over to the 57th Street/Seventh Avenue station lead, and comes into that station on the express tracks.

Guest lance25
Sometimes (R) trains would cross the Manhattan Bridge via the Sixth Avenue side, and they can use the Sixth Avenue Line just like that.

That's if they want the (R) to run down Sixth Avenue, not how it could get from Lexington Av-63 St to 57 St-7 Av, which LRG already answered.

I was railfanning today and I caught a Coney Island bound (D) train via the (F) line at the Jay Street-Metrotech station (A)(C)(F)(R). I took it all the way to Stillwell Avenue and due to construction on the West End Line, (D) trains were rerouted over the (N) line between Stillwell Avenue and 36 Street. The Coney Island bound (D) trains in Brooklyn were rerouted over the (N) line since there was a track condition at 9 Avenue.

After leaving Lexington Avenue/63rd Street, a detoured (R) train can cross over to the 57th Street/Seventh Avenue station lead, and comes into that station on the express tracks.

Thx for that info. I did not know this - So a train leaving Lex and 63rd can next stop either 6th Ave and 57th or 7th Ave and 57th St station. I guess this will allow the Q to run up Broadway/7th Ave and then eventually continue up 2nd Ave from 63rd St when/if the SAS ever happens.

Archived