The end of Oprah's Show

Shortline Bus

Any reactions to fact Oprah Winfrey 25-year run of her talk show will end on Wed. May 25, 2011? While personally it's no big deal to me, this is the biggest media attention for a TV star/Businessperson i can remember since Johnny Carson left the Tonight Show in 1992. What you guys think?

If it's no big deal to you, then why make a thread out of it?

there's a difference b/w tryna keep the place active, and lookin to spark a certain type of response...

I don't think you do what you do, to innocently bring things to our attention.....

the donald trump thread, ok... the sports thread, ok (but, no more of them for this year though)....

the macho man thread, aight.... the schwarzengger thread, borderline...

....but the (continued) threads about "al-qaeda"/osama/etc, this oprah's show goin off the air (who hasn't heard about this).... that steve wilkos thread, that reverse racism thread...

Ease up on the shock posting.

If it's no big deal to you, then why make a thread out of it?

there's a difference b/w tryna keep the place active, and lookin to spark a certain type of response...

I don't think you do what you do, to innocently bring things to our attention.....

the donald trump thread, ok... the sports thread, ok (but, no more of them for this year though)....

the macho man thread, aight.... the schwarzengger thread, borderline...

....but the (continued) threads about "al-qaeda"/osama/etc, this oprah's show goin off the air (who hasn't heard about this).... that steve wilkos thread, that reverse racism thread...

Ease up on the shock posting.

Maybe as a news junkie which I love, my problem is that i post any major headline or life experiences from top of my head. Thus I do not think about if it's relevant here on the post or not.. Maybe I should create a youtube site in which I can comment on the news headlines lol. Sorry about that. Just sometimes living alone lol I just have no one else to talk to.

At work I rarely talk to co workers since the kids are always on the go.

Thus i will try to cut and ease on posting. Also I will try to find another site for more news related chat. Of course staying here for a while but from here unless it's a major event i try to cut back on excessive topics, ok guys.

PS No need to watch Oprah if I am home at 4pm as usually I will either watch/listen to Francesa show or the news channels.

Agreed, there has been way too many pointless topics and this topic specifically was not going to get attention in the first place. We're trying to keep the clutter down to a minimum, there has been way too many pointless topics increasing as of late. Only post important topics please.

Archived