• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As of Sunday November 13, 2011

Latest Available Information from DCAS.

212-669-1357

851 Eligibles [Passed]

433 Last Eligibles Certified [Passed & Qualified]

314 Last Eligibles Appointed [Hired]

Not on Outstanding Certification: Information still with DCAS not sent to The MTA NYCT [180 Livingston Street]

Outstanding Certification: Information sent to 180 Livingston Street to begin review and hiring process.

Once you here that you are on an Outstanding Certification these numbers mean very little to you. You are closer than you think be patient.

As of Sunday November 13, 2011

212-669-1357

851 Eligibles [Passed]

Not on Outstanding Certification: Information still with DCAS not sent to The MTA NYCT [180 Livingston Street]

Outstanding Certification: Information sent to 180 Livingston Street to begin review and hiring process.

Once you here that you are on an Outstanding Certification these numbers mean very little to you. You are closer than you think be patient.

That hotline info might be outdated. It still has 176 as the last appointed for exam 8094 and yet I know they've gone higher than that.

That is definately outdated. Those are the numbers from around June...

The chief posted this in September

TRAIN OPERATOR—306 eligibles between Nos. 185 and 608 on List 8562 for 100 jobs at NYC Transit.

WarDuke call DCAS 212-669-1357 and see if the information is outdated if you are referring to the numbers that I posted. It has not changed for at least a few months or so. The numbers that I posted are the numbers that are on the recording. I am a weekly checker of this information. What I have listed is what you will hear when you call.

As of Sunday November 27th 2011

851 Eligibles

433 Eligibles Certified

314 Eligibles Appointed

Exam Number 8562

So are you saying the 400 something that are qualified and passed are waiting for there info to be submitted to 180 Livingston??

Not exactly, unless you are referring to the bottom half of the 851 eligibles waiting on the list of Promotional Exam 8562.

I follow the recording on a weekly basis. I heard when I was not on an outstanding certification and when I was on an outstanding certification. Shortly and I mean shortly after which I got my MTA letter in the mail to come down to 180 Livingston Street to follow up on the job promotion (Drug & Medical Exams and Paper work etc.) within days. When I was told how this worked I was not clear because the terminology is quite confusing and going through the actual process made things very clear to me [not on outstanding certification & on an outstanding certification]. The numbers on the recording do not reflect the actual process though. Its not because of it being outdated its because the process moves more rapidly than the numbers on the actual DCAS recording do. When the numbers change on the recording it will reflect all that happened inbetween the last set of numbers that were heard. Which does surprisingly makes a lot of sense. To give you an example my own list number is past the numbers on the recording and I have no idea how many were called after me since Tuesday Nov 15,2011. Today being Tuesday November 29, 2011.

Which is why "not being on an outstanding certification" and "being on an outstanding certification" is the threshold for anyones paperwork / application being transferred from DCAS to 180 Livingston Street and then being called via Letter in the mail. It is weird yet it is based on demand. When employee's are needed their paperwork is transferred from DCAS to 180. Backround checks are being done inbetween the process and that is where the delays incur as well as the waiting for the next class opening.

That is definately outdated. Those are the numbers from around June...

The chief posted this in September

TRAIN OPERATOR—306 eligibles between Nos. 185 and 608 on List 8562 for 100 jobs at NYC Transit.

My list number is in the 400's and I have just recently been called up so I can only go by my experieence and not the Chief. Also I never refused my first call up.

Exam Number 8562 (212) 669-1357

851 Eligibles

433 Eligibles Certified

314 Eligibles Appointed

My list number is in the 400's and I have just recently been called up so I can only go by my experieence and not the Chief. Also I never refused my first call up.

Exam Number 8562 (212) 669-1357

851 Eligibles

433 Eligibles Certified

314 Eligibles Appointed

So it says 306 eligibles for 100 jobs what of the other 206 ppl that dont get in on the 100 openings?? do they wait for more openings???

• 3 weeks later...

Just 1 back to give the 411 on my situation as of Dec 18, 2011. I was appointed to the position of Train Operator (Yard). First day of orientation was today Dec 19, 2011. I just called the DCAS telephone number hotline and the numbers that I previously posted are still the same just to verify the statements that I had posted prior to this one. If you are waiting on this waiting list the key / threshold is when you are not on an outstanding certification and when you are on an oustanding certification. Your medical / drug test should follow shortly afterwhich and then your appointment. This is my story that I wanted to share. If your list number is 400 - 500 and you have not been called yet, please feel free to give NYCT a call and find out what your situation is. I overheard several people in my class that had to do so. Hey if it worth it to you than do it.

As of Sunday December 18, 2011

212-669-1357

851 Eligibles [Passed]

i recieved a letter with my results for t/o on 10/31/11 for exam 8098. It says i qualify, but doesnt have a list # or a score. It only list a group #000. does anyone know what that means?

You should have received your results for the T/O test much earlier (as in, about a year ago). The notification of eligibility certification you received recently is different than your test results, and your test results were not included on it.

If you misplaced, or never received your test results, call the DCAS hotline and you will be able to obtain your score and list number.

Thanks man :)

Just 1 here,

Please allow mw to correct myself the current classes are TA7, TB13, TB14.

Thank you. TA7 is the Subdivision A Class, TB13 & TB14 are both Subdivision B Classes. I finally looked at the sign in sheets properly so this is the correct information.

Thank you

I have a question....when the promo is exhausted, do they start calling from the the O/C at list #1. Im hearing different answers from everyone, including mta employees who were in recent T/O promo classes.

Just1

This is my very first promotional situation so bear with me. It is not as bad as it may seem provided that you look at the situation with an open mind starting right about now. 1. Everyone on the list for Promotion to Train Operator is not called up for one reason or another or perhaps several. I do not want to get into the details of that; yet it is a fact. 2. Everyone that is called for Promotion to Train Operator does not remain for the same amount of various reasons. 3. Everyone that does remain after they are called has to pass their probationary period of one year, all do not do that. Are you following me? Once the Promotional List is exhausted and there is no more insiders if you will, to hire then and only then is the Open Competitive List or the new batch of hopeful employee's are called up as long as there is a demand for more Train Operators at that particular time and the List is not set to expire because all exam list do have an expiration date. Now reviewing may start at Open Competitive List Number One yet going back to the begining they may or may not get called up or accept the call up or even remain after they do and so on and so forth. Transit is not for everyone believe that. Now depending on your frame of mind while reading this little bit of information will determine how you look at the information that I am relaying to you. You may take it in as positive or you may take it in as negative, either way the facts remain. Everyone that is on the list be it Promotions or Open Competitive has to go through a series of backround checks, it does not matter so much as what they scored unless their backround is satifactory and all will not. In fact most will not. So to keep you in good spirits there are a lot of retiree's and retiree qualified to retire in the next 3 to 5 years starting last year. Now if this does not lift your spirits I don't know what will. Basically what I am saying is the demand is there. The demand is going to be greater in the near future. You have to be trained and in operation before the retiree's depart and not after to keep the system running smoothly and in budget (too much overtime for too many employees can kill budgets) Be patient. It just around the corner. Never you mind about your list number. Keep you mind on what you want, stay focused and it will come. It has too. That's just how things work. It'll be there before you know it. Stay on top of you list number. Call DCAS (212) 669-1357 from time to time to make sure you have not been skipped over because that happens too. Keep your mind on the prize and believe me you will be surprised.

I hope this helps.

Just1

Archived