Train Operator promo exam 8562

Den

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for real ,,well just asking,,,, the T/O exam usually comes out ever 4 to 5 years,,,they still hiring from the last exam from 4 years ago from the promotional,, the open comp hasn't even started yet,,,& when they start calling the open comp is good for 4 years,,,,would they hire the very few from the top of the list,,& give a second exam promotional soon since it would be a couple of years,,already??

• 5 weeks later...

TRAIN OPERATOR

—279 eligibles between Nos. 195 and 833 on List 8562 for 60 jobs at NYC Transit.

Translation?

I believe that this means there are 60 jobs now open to be filled. These 60 people will be selected from the 279 people who are eligible. Those 279 people eligible are between list #s 195 - 833.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what's the most recent list number to be called on the promo list? Looks like 538 was called back in February, i'm sure a lot of us guys on the o/c list would like to know where they are at.

I think the Last Number that was called was 573...

I think the Last Number that was called was 573...

So wait if the last number called was around 573 and according to the chief they are calling up "

—279 eligibles between Nos. 195 and 833 on List 8562 for 60 jobs at NYC Transit." Does this mean this is the last call for the promo list?

So wait if the last number called was around 573 and according to the chief they are calling up "

—279 eligibles between Nos. 195 and 833 on List 8562 for 60 jobs at NYC Transit." Does this mean this is the last call for the promo list?

I don't think they can start calling from 8098 until the very last eligible from 8562 is hired; remember that, by law, they have to exhaust this list first

Looks that way to me lots of folks are taking the Promo and moving up front....

• 1 month later...

all i gotta say is, this was supposed to be a high period of retirement for the (MTA), they're gonna be adding runs to/from the Barclays Center for events, and they're adding 100 round trip runs per week to the (L) line. SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE with the hiring!!!

and i also had a feeling they were holding back until pension reform went through, so now they have NO EXCUSE. even though they didn't get to rip a new hole in our collective asses by making us retire at 63, they will get about $150 more out of our paychecks than those in tier 4. so being backed up by 220 train operators wouldnt surprise me one bit

I know they are at the end of the Promo List as far as eligibles so if I had to take a guess... I would guess maybe the end of this year or 1st Qtr of next year they will call some ppl off the O/C List...this is purely my guess and could be totally off haha i hope not though. Any news down there from guys in the trenches??

As of Sunday June 10, 2012

Latest Available Information from DCAS.

212-669-1357

851 Eligibles [Passed]

833 Last Eligibles Certified [Passed & Qualified]

576 Last Eligibles Appointed [Hired]

Not on Outstanding Certification: Information still with DCAS not sent to The MTA NYCT [180 Livingston Street]

Outstanding Certification: Information sent to 180 Livingston Street to begin review and hiring process.

Once you here that you are on an Outstanding Certification these numbers mean very little to you. You are closer than you think be patient.

I just finished School Car Thursday June 8, 2012. The fastest 6 months I ever felt in my life. 6 months blew by, it was fun and quite overwhelming at times yet it was all good. If anybody out there reading this post is still waiting be patient it will come and go before you know it.

Maybe one or two more promotional classes left and the rest is all open competitive from here on in.

As of Sunday June 10, 2012

Latest Available Information from DCAS.

212-669-1357

851 Eligibles [Passed]

833 Last Eligibles Certified [Passed & Qualified]

576 Last Eligibles Appointed [Hired]

Not on Outstanding Certification: Information still with DCAS not sent to The MTA NYCT [180 Livingston Street]

Outstanding Certification: Information sent to 180 Livingston Street to begin review and hiring process.

Once you here that you are on an Outstanding Certification these numbers mean very little to you. You are closer than you think be patient.

I just finished School Car Thursday June 8, 2012. The fastest 6 months I ever felt in my life. 6 months blew by, it was fun and quite overwhelming at times yet it was all good. If anybody out there reading this post is still waiting be patient it will come and go before you know it.

Maybe one or two more promotional classes left and the rest is all open competitive from here on in.

Just1 congrats on passing school car and GL to you on the new job. Which Div are you in?? I hope your right about only a few more Promo Classes then the rest OC that would be saweetttt =P

• 1 year later...

PLEASE!!!! IF ANYONE KNOWS SOME OR ALL ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS, GO RIGHT AHEAD PLEASE....

I will try to get hired for the MTA train operator position this year 2014. My questions:

1- Are MTA train operators full time employees

2- How much overtime can we work? how much we want? 

3- If im in another union job in the state of New York like an EMT-ambulance, can the MTA still call me for employment in their union? 

4- When does the 2014 train operator exam come out? specific date? or just check the website whenever I can for updates?

5- For someone always doing overtime every year and stays in employment more than 25 years, what can the retirement salary look like for example? 

6- Do we need to know technical train stuff for the exam or its just logical common sense sense stuff? 

Thanks

PLEASE!!!! IF ANYONE KNOWS SOME OR ALL ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS, GO RIGHT AHEAD PLEASE....

I will try to get hired for the MTA train operator position this year 2014. My questions:

1- Are MTA train operators full time employees

3- If im in another union job in the state of New York like an EMT-ambulance, can the MTA still call me for employment in their union? 

4- When does the 2014 train operator exam come out? specific date? or just check the website whenever I can for updates?

5- For someone always doing overtime every year and stays in employment more than 25 years, what can the retirement salary look like for example? 

6- Do we need to know technical train stuff for the exam or its just logical common sense sense stuff? 

Thanks

1- Are MTA train operators full time employee

Yes

Whatever OT is available. You can also request to work on your days off.

Upon hire you will be part of our union.

Go to Mta.info for postings for upcoming exams. The last exam was in 2009. The next one may not be for another 2-3yrs. Sorry but do not count on getting hired anytime soon if you missed that exam.

Starting salary is about $63,000/yr. Do the math from there.

The exam is common sense. Everything you need to know about trains will be taught to you once hired.

Thanks

Archived