Hello transit fans and affilates.

MattTrain

Hello there.

My name is Matthew and I'm a transit buff and some of my friends often get really tired of me talking about subway and bus topics too much. I generally take the (B) and (Q) services to go to school. I live in Brighton Beach and growing up, I used to live across the street from the Elevated Brighton Line where the (D) and (Q6) trains would pass by. It's like watching TV about trains in my living room, except that the TV screen was a window! Gosh. My first subway map was that of 1992, well I don't have that now. I still have the subway map of 2000, when the (D) and (Q6) were still in Brighton.

I miss those days. I have to be careful about riding the subways, even with my friends that I go to school with, (I go to CUNY Brooklyn) Sometimes you never know what you'll find. Anyways, I don't have any other friends who are into these things as I am.

Thanks for the time.

Matthew T.

aka.

(B) and (Q) (Q6) (Qx) rider.

Welcome aboard Meta. Brighton Beach is/was my 2nd home. Staten Island, was first, but having a grandmother living in Brighton, It was/still is another home to me. I grew up with the (D)(Q)(D)(Q6) on Brighton, then back in 01, the (Q)(Qx), now of course the (B)(Q). I tell you, I miss the (D) Train days. The (D) was the heart and soul of Brighton, but hey, the (Q) is great, no complaints their. Perhaps Ill see you on the Brighton platform one day. That is my number 1 stop within the entire system.:cool:

I'm glad you like the story. Well Before the Manhattan Bridge service changes in the 1980's the (D)(M) and the (Qx) were around, then it was the (D) (Q6) and in 2001 the (Q) (Qx), and finally the (B)(Q). I think the (D) went to the West End line where the (B) used to go because the residents on the now (D) line wanted full time access to Grand Street in Manhattan and more Brighton Line riders wanted Broadway service so these subway placements would satisfy both line riders of West End and Brighton.

But the (Q) is good, the R68As are great.

I'm glad you like the story. Well Before the Manhattan Bridge service changes in the 1980's the (D)(M) and the (Qx) were around, then it was the (D) (Q6) and in 2001 the (Q) (Qx), and finally the (B)(Q). I think the (D) went to the West End line where the (B) used to go because the residents on the now (D) line wanted full time access to Grand Street in Manhattan and more Brighton Line riders wanted Broadway service so these subway placements would satisfy both line riders of West End and Brighton.

But the (Q) is good, the R68As are great.

Ahh yes the (D)(M)(Qx). Actually after that, it became the (D)(Q), then the

Dbdwy.jpg

QNICE-1.png then the (D)(Q6) -->(D)(Q6)(Q)-->(D)(Q6)-->(Q)(Qx)--->(B)(Q):cool:

The first time I ever saw a subway train pass, on the Brighton line, back in 1991, was the (D) using an R68A. R68A's and the lower numbered R68s (2500-2599) would run on the (D). The R68/A cars were in single sets at that time. The (Q6) was using the higher R68s only from (2600-2924) The R68 number plates had a Green Stripe from 2600-2799 and red stripe sticker from 2800-2924. The fleet did change with the (D) exchanging almost all R68A with the (Q6) in return for the higher numbered R68's. The (Q6), had the end sign as (Qx) and sometimes (Q) to differentiate the (Q6) from the (D)

As people waiting in the platforms complained about the R68 and R68A's on the (D) and (Q6) looking alike, the transit authority decided to switch the (Q6)'s fleet of R68 and R68A's with the R40 slants on the (B) running at West End. This was in effect on April of 1997. Now the (D) and (Q6) were using two completely different cars, with the R68s on (D) and R40 slants on (Q6)

Those were the (D) and (Q6) days. I didn't see the (M) run there, it switched to West End in 1986.

Welcome to NYCTF Matthew.

Welcome to the board!

Welcome, Matthew!

Thanks guys, I feel so welcomed here. I hope I don't bother you too much with the enthusiasm that I display here. I like buses and subways alike, but I am still learning the Bus models of NYC.B)

Archived