Best NJ Transit Trip you ever took and why?(Train/bus)

What was the best trip on NJ Transit you've had? Mine was when in took the 67 to Newark Penn Sta. for PATH to Journal Square for the 125 to PABT. That was the best trip because I got a peaceful ride on a PA-5 and it was a nice day to be waiting for the bus at JSQ.

err why??

One pleasant trip that I did three times was, when I was working on my day off, I'd wake up and take a Blvd. East bus to PABT. I would take the Sunday 10:30AM 319 bus to AC. Once I got to AC, about 1:00, I got the 1:10 PM 551 to Philadephia about 2:45. I would just walk around in Philly and enjoy myself since I like to be in new major cities. About 6:30ish, I would take the R7 Septa train (Now the Trenton Line) to get to Trenton Transit Center. From there, I took the NJT Northeast Corridor train back to Penn Station. Crazy thing: That train was about 10 minutes late one Sunday because of a incident, so instead of taking the 7:59 train, I took another NY, with the nice part of it went express pass Rahway, Linden, and Elizabeth. Got to NY, and it was hot so I took the subway to PABT, and took the Blvd East bus back home.

Here's the catch. The second time I did this, I was able to get a Amtrak train back to NY. The conductor saw my NJT employee pass on me and asked if I was waiting for a NYC Train. I said yeah and he asked what do I do in NJT. I said I'm a driver. He said, ok, come on in buddy :( He told me where did I come from? I said Philly. He said I should of waited on 30th Street for the Amtrak Acela.

So, the last time that I went before I left NJT, I did that, waited for the Acela. The Amtrak officials were very nice (Probably cause they dont get nice people at times) when I asked how much and they saw me with my NJT cap on. The conductor said if I had a NJT ID, which I did, and he let me on. Septa did the same. I miss those days.......NJT ID, and I could go anywhere without paying.

(As long as you don't act like a total douche bag like some people. - I had a dude going to NYC that works at MTA, got on my bus without saying a word. So, I stopped the bus and asked where you going? He just flashed his MTA ID at me. I'm like, that's nice. Where you going and pay the fare. He did but was pissed. I later told him dude, if you wanted a ride, don't get on my bus and act like I owe you something. You ask. If he would of came to me and asked if he can get on and show his pass, I would say sure. We're all workers here: DeCamp, MTA, NJT, Academy, CoachUSA, etc.) Hell, I had someone from American Airlines that lived on the 123 line that got on my bus a few times. He was struggling to get his fare because he was running so I said take your time. When I saw his ID and asked if he was going to work, I'd let him go. Next time I saw him, I kid you not, I got a 50% Employee Discount for a round trip flight to anywhere in the US. In other words, what the employee pays for their families, I got that with a discount. It proves KINDNESS will get you somewhere.)

What was the best trip on NJ Transit you've had? Mine was when in took the 67 to Newark Penn Sta. for PATH to Journal Square for the 125 to PABT. That was the best trip because I got a peaceful ride on a PA-5 and it was a nice day to be waiting for the bus at JSQ.

Where were you taking the 67 from? But, yeah, the newer PATH Trains are very comfortable. As for the 125, I like the line but I don't like the people. You wanna talk about snobby people. Ha. I tried to NOT get the 125 at times. If I was 1 minute late, and if I ask the passengers waiting if I could just run real quick to the mens room, I always have one douche that want to cause a scene. I mean, it was like I wanted to be late but on weekends getting in the tunnel and out of it, it can be a pain in the ass. Out of all the lines I ever did, there's two that I dislike the most: 125 on weekends, and the 4:48 319 to Toms River out of Penn Station. 18 NJT employees get on the bus and you HAVE to be quiet. You can't whistle, or talk to other passengers if they ask u something. I mean, it's a hour trip. Some drivers need something to stay focused. One passenger asked me a question about something NJT related, and I answered professionally. The NJT worker that was on the bus (All from Penn Station) told me to SHUT THE **** UP and drive. He's Trying To Sleep. OH YOU KNOW I REPORTED HIS ASS!

Im not a fan of Amtrak however I did ride Acela a few times while waiting for a njt train in Trenton. Showed my id and was good to go. Lol why you reported that guy lol I could careless what other employees say. I wish that was said to me...I dont take no shyt from anyone. I stay to myself and dont make friends with these guys...alot of them are real ******** few good ones around but not many. I had one driver get on in Toms River and he told me not to talk to the passengers when there getting on the bus. So before I pulled out of the P&R I got up went to his seat and told him if you say another word to me your going to be wearing my fist in on your face and he said o your a tough guy. So his hat....I pulled it off his head and threw it outside and I pulled off heading to the parkway. He didnt say a word until he got off at pabt to another driver.

Where were you taking the 67 from? But, yeah, the newer PATH Trains are very comfortable. As for the 125, I like the line but I don't like the people. You wanna talk about snobby people. Ha. I tried to NOT get the 125 at times. If I was 1 minute late, and if I ask the passengers waiting if I could just run real quick to the mens room, I always have one douche that want to cause a scene. I mean, it was like I wanted to be late but on weekends getting in the tunnel and out of it, it can be a pain in the ass. Out of all the lines I ever did, there's two that I dislike the most: 125 on weekends, and the 4:48 319 to Toms River out of Penn Station. 18 NJT employees get on the bus and you HAVE to be quiet. You can't whistle, or talk to other passengers if they ask u something. I mean, it's a hour trip. Some drivers need something to stay focused. One passenger asked me a question about something NJT related, and I answered professionally. The NJT worker that was on the bus (All from Penn Station) told me to SHUT THE **** UP and drive. He's Trying To Sleep. OH YOU KNOW I REPORTED HIS ASS!

I was the 67 from Old Bridge P&R. When you did that 125 run, was it at night or during the day? Because from my experience from the 1st time I rode the PATH PA-5s I learned one thing about Jersey City. The people won't say anything during the day, but at night thats when ppl get rowdy. When I took the 125, it was really quiet.

When I took a commuter rail to that town the 107 ends at and rode the 107 back to NYC, it was one of those flexible Metro's....

NJT is a fun system to fan, I wish they would make a bus map though, it could be in sections, that would make fanning the bus system a 1000x easier. One thing I regret is not fanning their bus system more often when they had the Flexbles in the masses. The NABI's are cool and all but eh, the Flexble Metro is legendary... with your RTSs, your MCIs, etc.

I'm in the middle of a week long fan right now.... just wanted to try out some routes that only run on weekdays.... Today, I got out late, so, no dice... but the ones I took this past:

- monday= the (NJT) 324 (again)

- tuesday= (NJT) 165p

- yesterday= (NJT) 166x (originally, this bus I got on was supposed to end @ bergenfield.... but one of the dispatchers (I'm assuming they are) saw me standing there & told me to catch the 177 next door (said I wanted to go to Dumont)... I saw that line, & said, nah, I'll wait for the next 166x to cresskill, which was about 1/2 hour later...

next thing you know, same lady (dispatcher?) walks over to the open doors of the bus, works her magic, and voila, the destination sign now read Dumont.... that totally threw me off....)

of course I thanked her & the b/o for that.... another lady got off along w/ me, so at least it benefitted someone else in the process....

hell, right after I got off @ Dumont, my (NJT) 186 back to GWB, was a minute away... some timing...

* don't know what I'll take tomorrow.... any suggestions?

To answer the thread....

The best NJT trip I ever been on, involved me taking the 139 local (NYC-Lakewood), 559 (Lakewood-Atlantic city), & the 319 (Atlantic city-NYC)....

little over a 7 hour roundtrip...

too bad the Freehold mall express (which I was gonna ride today) doesn't run weekends....

I was the 67 from Old Bridge P&R. When you did that 125 run, was it at night or during the day? Because from my experience from the 1st time I rode the PATH PA-5s I learned one thing about Jersey City. The people won't say anything during the day, but at night thats when ppl get rowdy. When I took the 125, it was really quiet.

Both day and nighttimes

The 197? That my favorite route. The 168 is pretty nice another one of my favs.

yup, after gettin off the 165p, I took the 168 back to NYC... That is a nice route to fan.... Sometime this summer, I'm gonna hit up that Niketown in Bergen Town Center (mall).... the mall from the outside looks clean as hell....

fam, eventually, I wanna ride the full 197 to Warwick.... Maybe I might see one of Jeter's cribs in the process... lol... think it's jeter that got a pad up there... is it him or Tex'... can't remember....

I'm in the middle of a week long fan right now.... just wanted to try out some routes that only run on weekdays.... Today, I got out late, so, no dice... but the ones I took this past:

- monday= the (NJT) 324 (again)

- tuesday= (NJT) 165p

- yesterday= (NJT) 167x (originally, this bus I got on was supposed to end @ bergenfield.... but one of the dispatchers (I'm assuming they are) saw me standing there & told me to catch the 177 next door (said I wanted to go to Dumont)... I saw that line, & said, nah, I'll wait for the next 167x to cresskill, which was about 1/2 hour later...

next thing you know, same lady (dispatcher?) walks over to the open doors of the bus, works her magic, and voila, the destination sign now read Dumont.... that totally threw me off....)

of course I thanked her & the b/o for that.... another lady got off along w/ me, so at least it benefitted someone else in the process....

hell, right after I got off @ Dumont, my (NJT) 186 back to GWB, was a minute away... some timing...

* don't know what I'll take tomorrow.... any suggestions?

The starters will change a bus destination in a minute if there's a better need for one location. I've been changed numerous times from a 166T Leonia to 166X Bergenfield.

Did you mean 166X BTW? NJT got rid of the 167X and now calls it the 177 (Stupid decision if you ask me. 170 to 189 has always been a GWB Route.

I know one route I wont be taking no time soon - the 126 to Hoboken on a weekday (took it twice, on 2 separate saturdays some time ago)....

Every day this week (except today, since I went straight home) I saw at least 3 126's w/i a 20 min. period... and every last one of them were crushloaded.... I had no idea Hoboken was that dense...

The starters will change a bus destination in a minute if there's a better need for one location. I've been changed numerous times from a 166T Leonia to 166X Bergenfield.

Did you mean 166X BTW? NJT got rid of the 167X and now calls it the 177 (Stupid decision if you ask me. 170 to 189 has always been a GWB Route.

Thanks for the correction.... it was the the 166x.

Got caught up postin what happened, involving (said lady suggesting) crossing over to catch the 177....

hmm... after the RR crossing @ Tenafly, there were only 4 people left on the bus.... The bus emptied out in Englewood.

The 126 is like the 128 - Very Densely populated, and required a bus ever 2 minutes during the AM and PM rush just to get everyone to and from work. Don't feel too bad, B35. Even at midnight, the 126 carries 40-45 easily. When Greenville had Metro D's, I was always amazed how this one driver took his entire bus load with standees out of NY. I was thinking no way, the bus is too heavy.

And usually, the 166X is pretty much empty after Tenafly. The only way the bus is heavy is if during the morning, the 166X to NY takes people between Dumont/Madison & Washington to Washington and Church in Bergenfield to NY instead of waiting for the 177X to NY. And normally, if someone takes the 166 from Washington Street, it's only a X because no one waits for the T. The 166T has to go all the way from Dumont to Ridgefield Park. By that time, the bus is already loaded as it goes through Englewood/Grand & Van Nostrand.

The 197? That my favorite route. The 168 is pretty nice another one of my favs.

I only take the 197 or the 198 since it's a very quick shot to Willowbrook, only 30 minutes. Nothing against the 191 or the 195 which is a nice ride to take at times but I like to get there in less time it takes to watch one of my shows in my itouch.

I know one route I wont be taking no time soon - the 126 to Hoboken on a weekday (took it twice, on 2 separate saturdays some time ago)....

Every day this week (except today, since I went straight home) I saw at least 3 126's w/i a 20 min. period... and every last one of them were crushloaded.... I had no idea Hoboken was that dense...

I see the 126s everyday...that's beyond crushloaded, that's a slave ship with wheels. If there ever is a line that is need of artics, that's one.

The 129 does good business too. I was shocked how heavy it carries, but the buses empties out almost completely in Union City. For what it does the 320 seems pretty heavy....I buses leave the PABT "Standing Room Only" when they use the 40 footers.

I see the 126s everyday...that's beyond crushloaded, that's a slave ship with wheels. If there ever is a line that is need of artics, that's one.

When I was on the 126, it was empty leaving Hoboken and overloaded by the tunnel. Because this was Black Friday, some passengers thought there was hourly service when they saw the crowds. In reality, it was on a 20-minute headway. The southbound buses weren't as bad as the northbounds.

The 129 does good business too. I was shocked how heavy it carries, but the buses empties out almost completely in Union City. For what it does the 320 seems pretty heavy....I buses leave the PABT "Standing Room Only" when they use the 40 footers.

If I can give my opinion since I did all three of those lines:

126 should be on artics at times, yet, the issue is since that bus is ever 4 minutes leaving NYC on rush hour, gate 204 and every 10 in gate 205, it would only fit 2 artics. Also, if there is a detour in hoboken and you have an artic, plus if the bus has to turn on the tight streets in hoboken...YIKES

129 is very heavy due to the factories in Secaucus where mass amount of people work at (Panasonic, Harmon Cove mall, etc).

320 is always heavy when it gets time for tourist season. By the time the bus gets to the P/R from Mill Creek, you might have 40 passengers inside.

Archived