Reduced 5 Service

Juelz4309

Limited <5> AM Rush Hour Service From Neried Avenue..

Limited AM rush hour service at Nereid Av, 233, 225, 219 Sts, Gun Hill Rd,

Burke, Allerton Avs, Pelham Pkwy and Bronx Park East.

Take the (2) to East 180 St where additional trains are available.

I Know that there is on going re configuring of the East 180 st Tracks/Yard as well as Unionport Yard.. But I know that 239 st yard holds about 12 Trains for 5 service for Rush hours ..So where are those extra trains Going? I know some start/end runs at E 180 st as well....It really sucks having no PM Express service as is....Now this...Be nice when they finish all the Neccesary work tho.:cool:

I recently moved to the Allerton Ave. area and was counting on the (5) via White Plains Rd. in the morning. I guess I'm not that lucky because to date I have not taken (5) from Allerton Ave in the AM because of the service reductions. I've taken the (2) to 180th and caught the a (5) from Dyer. I have been able to catch a (5) to 238th. Although many times it either goes straight to Gun Hill from 180th and then goes out of service or it switches to a Dyer Ave. (5). This is killing me in the afternoon.

I dont understand why they cant run PM (5)s express. The switches are there and I have seen (5)s on the express track from time to time in the afternoon. So why No express service?

Guest lance25

Ongoing construction at and around the East 180 St station is the reason and will remain so until this August. Until then, you shouldn't bank on the <5> for the AM rush and should expect some PM <5>s to get diverted up to Dyre since with both the (2) and (5) routes running local, the White Plains Road line is probably a bit congested, especially with said construction.

I recently moved to the Allerton Ave. area and was counting on the (5) via White Plains Rd. in the morning. I guess I'm not that lucky because to date I have not taken (5) from Allerton Ave in the AM because of the service reductions. I've taken the (2) to 180th and caught the a (5) from Dyer. I have been able to catch a (5) to 238th. Although many times it either goes straight to Gun Hill from 180th and then goes out of service or it switches to a Dyer Ave. (5). This is killing me in the afternoon.

I dont understand why they cant run PM (5)s express. The switches are there and I have seen (5)s on the express track from time to time in the afternoon. So why No express service?

One of the parts of the 180th St project is that the middle track north of 180th St is getting renovated, which means that switching the (5) express to the local just south of 180th St would affect the (2).

Besides, the (5) express doesn't save too much time if you ask me. It's better off adding local service to crowded and growing stations in the South and Central Bronx. If you're around Allerton, don't hesitate in walking to Pelham Pkwy and taking the Bx12 to the (6) train. It might be a better alternative for you.

One of the parts of the 180th St project is that the middle track north of 180th St is getting renovated, which means that switching the (5) express to the local just south of 180th St would affect the (2).

Besides, the (5) express doesn't save too much time if you ask me. It's better off adding local service to crowded and growing stations in the South and Central Bronx. If you're around Allerton, don't hesitate in walking to Pelham Pkwy and taking the Bx12 to the (6) train. It might be a better alternative for you.

Laughable.

Archived