Bathroom breaks on the job

LadyBus

I've seen T/Os eating McDonalds while operating a train so its possible to get one hand free at least. If not then just set the cup on the floor and be good at aiming without looking :P

Oh well,when you gotta go,you gotta go,lol. The thing is if you don't eat or drink something for several hours you will start to get fatigued,have headaches,etc.

Now eating a Big Mac while driving a city transit bus must take great skills,haha.

Well if you're a female, you can't pee in a bottle and call it a day.

I do feel bad for bus drivers sometimes. I live near the end of the line, so they have to go into the shadiest bathroom ever inside a parking garage.

Sometimes, judging by odors, they just use the fence along the railroad tracks.

whats a "full service break"? is this commonly done? do you have to tell your conductor what you're doing over the radio? lol

It just refers to when the train's brakes are fully engaged. (Outside of emergency brakes) When the brakes are in full service, the rules of holding the deadman handle down doesn't apply.

Well if you're a female, you can't pee in a bottle and call it a day.

I do feel bad for bus drivers sometimes. I live near the end of the line, so they have to go into the shadiest bathroom ever inside a parking garage.

Sometimes, judging by odors, they just use the fence along the railroad tracks.

When I was a B/O I did my business, whenever nature called, and people weren't looking. For females, carry a wide mouth cup or bottle and tissues.........

I still never will forget the day I was working the M100, and had to go so bad, it hurt. I unbuckled my pants, while in the drivers seat, with customers looking, and I was sweating bullets. Oh, they noticed how much pain I was in, one felt sorry for me. I ran into a beauty salon, and thank the Lawd they let me use their bathroom. Never want to be in that kind of pain again.........

• 3 months later...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

what if you get sick while on the job? i.e. vomiting. whats the procedure for that when operating a train? i got violently ill a couple years ago at work, so to say i can go another 30 years without getting a bug would be a bit naive

Unless you need to be taken away in an ambulance you better get that train to the terminal!

thats fine. but will the MTA get mad if you're vomiting in your cab and the customers can hear you in there? and obviously you will be pulling into the terminal a couple minutes late since you cant hold down the deadman's while you're blowing chunks

thats fine. but will the MTA get mad if you're vomiting in your cab and the customers can hear you in there? and obviously you will be pulling into the terminal a couple minutes late since you cant hold down the deadman's while you're blowing chunks

You're not a human being to them you're a number so yes they would care if you brought the train in late and vomited in the cab. The reason they would care about the vomit in the cab is that they don't have the car cleaners clean the cabs anymore.

They would say why did you not book sick BEFORE you left the terminal.

You're not a human being to them you're a number so yes they would care if you brought the train in late and vomited in the cab. The reason they would care about the vomit in the cab is that they don't have the car cleaners clean the cabs anymore.

They would say why did you not book sick BEFORE you left the terminal.

Its been a loooooong time since Ive been at a last/first stop of a train line. When did they eliminate the car cleaners?

Its been a loooooong time since Ive been at a last/first stop of a train line. When did they eliminate the car cleaners?

They didn't get rid of the cleaners. But the cleaners don't clean the cab.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Ever notice the urine smell whem standing by the back door of the bus? Alot of bus drivers pull to the last stop and open up the back doors and piss out them and on the stairs, whats up with that?

I'll tell you it's when you gotta go you gotta go period. You try driving all the way to the end you gotta be quik ya heard I use my cup but oh well not everybody uses that method (K)<R> oh man I gotta go take a personal now lol

Jah is correct. All you do is carry tissues with you everyday + water, and if you feel you are getting sick, stop the train, open the front door, puke on the tracks, wipe your mouth, and keep moving. Call your partner, let them know, why you stopped, and when you get to the terminal, you can call out sick for the rest of the day. They won't like you calling out after showing up, but we are human, even though TA doesn't treat one as such at times.......

Now if on the elevated structure, do the same. Someone will just get a stank shower down below. Hopefully, not me though.......

• 4 years later...

If you can make it to the end of the line, you call control and take a personal. Personals are 20 minutes. If not and you have passengers, you call control, and take a personal still. You inform the passengers that you will be back shortly and that you have to use restroom, and you find a restroom. When line training always be aware of the places around you, and realize which one will possibly have a bathroom (salon, restaurant, etc). If passengers are on your bus, you log off the farebox, dump the air in the front door, and shut the bus off. If driving an articulated, you turn the wheelchair power on. This keeps the bus from being shifted into drive. This is called securing the vehicle.

You don't get in trouble for this, as this is in the contract (per union agreement)........

Actually, unless you're buddies with the road dispatcher, you DO get in trouble for this.  Road dispatchers have their own rules which are not the ones they teach you at Zerega.    

Actually, unless you're buddies with the road dispatcher, you DO get in trouble for this.  Road dispatchers have their own rules which are not the ones they teach you at Zerega. 

You are WRONG.

Jah is correct. All you do is carry tissues with you everyday + water, and if you feel you are getting sick, stop the train, open the front door, puke on the tracks, wipe your mouth, and keep moving. Call your partner, let them know, why you stopped, and when you get to the terminal, you can call out sick for the rest of the day. They won't like you calling out after showing up, but we are human, even though TA doesn't treat one as such at times.......

Now if on the elevated structure, do the same. Someone will just get a stank shower down below. Hopefully, not me though.......

don't you think supervision will want you to continue operating that train sick with about 1000 passengers in it?

Archived