(L) GO: June 4

Amtrak7

(L) No trains between Broadway Junction and 8 Av

(J)(M) and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Jun 3 - 6

Additional (M) service runs:

6 AM to midnight, from Metropolitan Av to 57 St (Sat)

6:45 AM to 12:50 AM (Sat to Sun) from 57 St to Metropolitan Av

8 AM to 11 PM, from Metropolitan Av to 57 St (Sun)

8:50 AM to 11:45 PM (Sun) from 57 St to Metropolitan Av

• Transfer between shuttle buses and (M) trains at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.

• Transfer between shuttle buses and (A)(C)(J) or (L) trains at Broadway Junction.

Shuttle Buses:

1. Between Marcy Av (J)(M) and Lorimer St stopping at Bedford Av.

2. Between Lorimer St and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs (making all (L) station stops)

3. Between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Broadway Junction (making all (L) station stops)

M14 operates between 8 Av and Essex St, Manhattan.

What's with the "transfer at Myrtle-Wyckoff"? One long bus route will probably do the same economically.

Guest lance25
What's with the "transfer at Myrtle-Wyckoff"? One long bus route will probably do the same economically.

The idea is to get people off the buses at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and transfer to the (M) for Manhattan-bound service. Plus, it allows the (MTA) to run the shuttle buses at different intervals for each section.

that L shuttle is NOT a fun ride lol

they'd proly be better off doing it this way, make them interconnect if need be (one doesn't leave till the other arrives); seeing how bad it was last time I rode it it would take long as hell to come if it were all one route.

MTA Should of extended the (S) bus between Manhattan and Brooklyn via Williamsburg Bridge. It sucks you need to use a bunch of routes just to get to/from Brooklyn if you live on the (L)!

Also is the (F) being rerouted because of the (M) ending at 57? If so, I hope not.. MTA Should of sent the (M) to Queens Plaza, relay north and then return via 53rd. Or just send to 71st for the hell of it.

MTA Should of extended the (S) bus between Manhattan and Brooklyn via Williamsburg Bridge. It sucks you need to use a bunch of routes just to get to/from Brooklyn if you live on the (L)!

Also is the (F) being rerouted because of the (M) ending at 57? If so, I hope not.. MTA Should of sent the (M) to Queens Plaza, relay north and then return via 53rd. Or just send to 71st for the hell of it.

It would make more sense to just let the (F) run its normal route while the (M) goes at least to Queens Plaza if not the full weekday route to 71st-Continental, which would provide the least disruptive service, especially if the (M) can use Queens Plaza to turn.

Guest lance25

It would make more sense to just let the (F) run its normal route while the (M) goes at least to Queens Plaza if not the full weekday route to 71st-Continental, which would provide the least disruptive service, especially if the (M) can use Queens Plaza to turn.

(F) trains are running normally that weekend (at least that's what is was when I checked it a couple of days ago; as of this post, the planned service changes page isn't working correctly on the (MTA) site).

The (M) has made this run at least three times since being rerouted up Sixth Avenue last June, and has not interfered with the (F) in any of those occasions. Why should they extend the line when it's not needed. It costs more to send the (M) to Queens Plaza, much more for Forest Hills-71 Av than it does for 57 St as you need more trains (and crews).

Also, please remember that it's going to 57 St as an alternative to the (L). If there was a way to turn trains at 14 St/6 Av, the (MTA) would terminate them there.

thank god i dont live by the (L). if i did, and that wouldve been the only route near me, i wouldve been so screwed.

Er, not really, you could take the shuttle bus to/from the (M) or take the (M) (providing you live near the Myrtle Avenue (M) Line) to and from Manhattan in this situation.

(F) trains are running normally that weekend (at least that's what is was when I checked it a couple of days ago; as of this post, the planned service changes page isn't working correctly on the (MTA) site).

The (M) has made this run at least three times since being rerouted up Sixth Avenue last June, and has not interfered with the (F) in any of those occasions. Why should they extend the line when it's not needed. It costs more to send the (M) to Queens Plaza, much more for Forest Hills-71 Av than it does for 57 St as you need more trains (and crews).

Also, please remember that it's going to 57 St as an alternative to the (L). If there was a way to turn trains at 14 St/6 Av, the (MTA) would terminate them there.

If money were an issue, I'd have the (M) instead turn at West 4th and have the (D) stop at 14th and 23rd on when this G.O. is necessary, since those looking for 6th/14th can then take the (D) or (F) the one stop while those looking for 8th Avenue service can take the (A), (C) or (E) there anyway. I doubt it would be too much of an issue with the (D) joining the (F) on the local track for 2-3 stops so the (M) can use the crossover tracks in the express tunnel to terminate at West 4th.

Guest lance25
If money were an issue, I'd have the (M) instead turn at West 4th and have the (D) stop at 14th and 23rd on when this G.O. is necessary, since those looking for 6th/14th can then take the (D) or (F) the one stop while those looking for 8th Avenue service can take the (A), (C) or (E) there anyway. I doubt it would be too much of an issue with the (D) joining the (F) on the local track for 2-3 stops so the (M) can use the crossover tracks in the express tunnel to terminate at West 4th.

Why? The (M) is going to 57 St as a replacement for the (L). Why make it more difficult (and annoying) to have passengers wait for another train on top of the (M) and the shuttle buses?

Well, I know what I'm NOT taking to work that day *rolls eyes*...hope they have the shuttle bus in Manhattan again

You just don't get it kid, do you...

Why? The (M) is going to 57 St as a replacement for the (L). Why make it more difficult (and annoying) to have passengers wait for another train on top of the (M) and the shuttle buses?

Wouldn't the bulk of those passengers be waiting for another train (the (F)) at 6th/14th anyway under normal circumstances?

How many passengers are specifically going to 6th Avenue and 14th Street? If you want the 8th Avenue Subway (or 8th Avenue/14th Street), you still have to transfer to the (A)/©/(E) at West 4th anyway. Those who want the Lexington line going uptown have to regardless switch to the (J) somewhere between Myrtle and Essex and take that to Canal Street for the (6) (which obviously will change once the uptown transfer at Broadway-Lafayette opens), while those looking for 6th Avenue service could make an easy, same or cross-platform transfer to the (D) or (F) in that scenario and those who actually are looking for 7th Avenue or Broadway line service can do the same to 14th or 34th (as with the (M) using West 4th as a terminal, the (D) would stop at 14th and 23rd with the (F)). I seriously doubt there are many (M) passengers in Brooklyn looking for the (7) at 6th/42nd.

My point is, if you are going to have the (M) run up 6th Avenue in place of the (L), it should really go at least to Queens Plaza via its regular route if not the full regular route to 71st-Continental. That way, those actually looking for Queens Blvd can get to where they can make a transfer to the (E) or (R) for points beyond. Otherwise, West 4th is sufficient for most people if money is an issue.

What is wrong with transferring to the (F) at Essex. I have transferred there before. Are you insisting that it's a pain the butt to transfer? That is wrong. People can use the Canarsie Line (L) if the (M) isn't running too to factor that in as a fact.

What is wrong with transferring to the (F) at Essex. I have transferred there before. Are you insisting that it's a pain the butt to transfer? That is wrong. People can use the Canarsie Line (L) if the (M) isn't running too to factor that in as a fact.

As said in the overnight thread, having the (M) terminate at Essex on nights/weekends normally is a compromise even though I think West 4th is a better terminal because of the transfers involved.

In this particular case, my first option would be to have the (M) run its normal route to at least Queens Plaza if not the full route to 71-Continental if it's subbing for the (L) since that also would help people along Queens Plaza who have complained about having only the (R) on Queens Blvd. if you have the (M) also go to 71-Continental. If money were an issue, then I would use West 4th as the terminal because you have more than enough transfers there for people looking for the 6th and 8th Avenue service, and I doubt there are that many coming from Brooklyn on the (M) specifically looking for 6th/14th.

In the actual scenario being used, if you need the Lexington Avenue Line for upper Manhattan, until the uptown (6) transfer is complete you still would need to transfer anyway for the (F) to 63rd/Lex to get to the (4)/(5)/(6) at 59th-60th/Lex via the OOS transfer OR the Broadway Line at 34th (not an easy transfer) and take that to Lexington Avenue anyway. That's also why I would have the (M) go to at least Queens Plaza, since then those looking for uptown Lexington Avenue Service that normally would get it at 14th Street would be able to switch to the (6) at 51st on that line from the 53rd/Lex Station.

As said in the overnight thread, having the (M) terminate at Essex on nights/weekends normally is a compromise even though I think West 4th is a better terminal because of the transfers involved.

In this particular case, my first option would be to have the (M) run its normal route to at least Queens Plaza if not the full route to 71-Continental if it's subbing for the (L) since that also would help people along Queens Plaza who have complained about having only the (R) on Queens Blvd. if you have the (M) also go to 71-Continental. If money were an issue, then I would use West 4th as the terminal because you have more than enough transfers there for people looking for the 6th and 8th Avenue service, and I doubt there are that many coming from Brooklyn on the (M) specifically looking for 6th/14th.

In the actual scenario being used, if you need the Lexington Avenue Line for upper Manhattan, until the uptown (6) transfer is complete you still would need to transfer anyway for the (F) to 63rd/Lex to get to the (4)/(5)/(6) at 59th-60th/Lex via the OOS transfer OR the Broadway Line at 34th (not an easy transfer) and take that to Lexington Avenue anyway. That's also why I would have the (M) go to at least Queens Plaza, since then those looking for uptown Lexington Avenue Service that normally would get it at 14th Street would be able to switch to the (6) at 51st on that line from the 53rd/Lex Station.

And for the last time, its not gonna happen...let it go already

Yeah, that means the (D) and the (F) would have to cross each other....

Please, these ideas make no sense. You'd just end up costing the MTA more money and anger more passengers. It's bad enough the (L)'s not even running to Manhattan, you want to anger the passengers more???

and once again, Wallyhorse comes up with some ideas which completely don't make sense...

This is the same issues he had over on the "other board" and now he's bringing them up here. Guess old habits really die hard....

The (M) going to/from 57th Street when the (L) can't is a good move. This (M) via 6th Avenue is working out great!

Lol the (L) went to 57th Street???

Archived