Judgement Day believers now say the world ends in October

mark1447

May 21, at around 6 p.m. in each time zone, a colossal global earthquake, the likes of which no one has ever felt before, was supposed to tear across the Earth, leading to the biblical Rapture.

But nothing happened.

Now those who believed the end was near are explaining why nothing happened, as well as pointing to a another date just months away.

The Judgment Day warning from Harold Camping, Christian radio host and head of the non-profit Family Radio, spread across America thanks to signs and billboards the purchased by Camping's organization and its followers.

One such billboard still sits along IH-10 near Vidor; the sign still reads "May 21st, Judgement Day"

Camping now warns of the Rapture 5 months from now, on October 21st.

Today, a local believer in the end days doctrine explained what happened.

Clayt Kinard, of Vidor, urged people to repent before May 21st would usher in the end of days.

Kinard says he was just doing his job, as he saw it in The Bible.

"I was warning the people, being a watchman, it's just that I had the timing wrong, the timing was wrong," says Kinard.

Kinard told us that warning people of the end was never intended to harm anyone, and he also says he's not completely sure if he believes October 21st will bring the Rapture.

"I can not confirm that from my studying and I have to go back to the drawing board, and whether I and my family would agree to this, that's not to say right now," says Kinard.

Kinard says Harold Camping is working out a deal with those who invested their life savings into spreading the word about the Judgement Day that never came.

He says it was never the intention of followers to "scam" anyone.

Max Dawson, who is an elder at the Dowlen Road Church of Christ, remains a critic and says the false prediction has caused some people to lose a lot.

"This does damage to people, it hurts people, it hurts people in the pocketbook, it hurts their hopes, their destiny, it just has so much downside to it," says Dawson.

Local woman Peggy Moser spent the day in the park with her great-grandson and says she's glad the world didn't end Saturday, because she would not have had this time with her great-grandson

She says she didn't believe the end was coming, but she says her family celebrated the event anyway.

"We had an end of the world party, had a great time, we're going to have another one on October 21st, whenever it's suppose to happen again," said Moser.

So far, there's no word if they will be putting up any new billboards warning about the October 21st date.

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/14720522/judgement-day-believers-push-date-to-october

IM NEUTRAL!! But this is getting annoying lol!

inb4 constant Clayt Kinard flaming

It's worth noting that Harold Camping said that October 21st would be the day the Earth was supposed to be physically destroyed, after 5 months of suffering for non-believers following the May 21st rapture.

I dunno if this other guy picked October 21 because of its connection to the May 21st story, or what, but I don't think I have to say I don't believe in it at all.

That guy IS scamming! All he really wants to do it sell his book, "the doomsday code".

Also, it says RIGHT IN THE BIBLE: (Mark 13:32/33)

"However, no one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in Heaven or the Son himself. [Jesus]Only the father knows. And since you don't know when they will happen, stay alert & keep watch".

No one knows when the world will end! ^^Thats proof, straight from the bible. I'm sorry, but this guy is a load of BS.

& lol at Mark1447:

"I wonder if hes making a mistake.. Maybe hes gonna pass away on Oct 21, not the earth!"

The guy just wants money.

Proving once and for all that "Family Radio" really IS a non-prof...er, a non-prophet organization.

Just like the rest of them.

I would thank you a thousand times for that prophet joke.

As much as people want to, he's protected under the 1st Amendment

But isn't he presenting a clear and present danger upon others, like yelling fire on a crowded subway platform?

But isn't he presenting a clear and present danger upon others, like yelling fire on a crowded subway platform?

No. He's pretty much warning people, but i don't see how warning us causes a danger to us. Just because others leave the there jobs and etc. doesn't mean its his fault.. Its there fault they lost what ever they had for following him, and not making there old decision.

I don't believe in any of these dates that he's coming up with, but why are people making such a big deal about it. He can believe whatever he wants to believe in, and if he has followers good for him. He's not threatening your existence or anything of the sort, so just ignore him. You're actually fueling his message if you're saying things like arrest him.

Like what 553 said, the world can end ANY day or at ANY time, so live life to the fullest. You only have one chance to live on Earth, so might as well make the best of it! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived