what if I miss an appointment?

newjerseyguy

I posted a thread on CI Exam 8080 if you full back ground, but just a simple ?

I did the interview and drug test on 4/18/2011, I know I will need to re test not a problem. However if this goes on into the summer without a call back and I am away on vacation and miss a call back appointment what is the procedure? I received the letter for the 4/18 appointment on about 4/14. I usually hit the road for two weeks in a row so I could easily come home to find I missed an appointment. Just plugging along here one day at a time.

Hey again I want to thank you to all who have responded to my questions?

Mike

You can call DCAS and explain the situation so they can restore your name to the list, and place you back into seniority order with the next batch of names DCAS sends to MTA. However, you will have the start over with drug testing, BOSS and medical when they re-call you.

you will lose senyority if you skip an appoitment and lets face it in this job senyority is a key

I don't think so.

I recently (3/2011) restored my name back to the #5025 list for Bus Operator and was placed back into my original seniority order.

I don't think so.

I recently (3/2011) restored my name back to the #5025 list for Bus Operator and was placed back into my original seniority order.

Acela Dont spread rumors, people will take that and run with it :)

lets say your list number is 956.

Class number 1 had people ranging from 925 all the way to 1217. You did not come in and was placed back on the list after this class was line training.

Class number 2 will have people 1218 all the way down to 1498 ( Plus YOU ).

You will have highest seniority in the class, but people in class number 1 ( who were suppose to be under you 926-1217 ) will be picking in front of you ( after line training ) ( Even though you have higher list number then 75 % of the class number 1, you will still be hitting the board after they are done picking )

I was correct.. sorta! :cool:

Not really. Because you lost seniority, and this will be so for the remainder of your career. It's like the above poster stated you will just be head of your class, but you were supposed to have had much higher seniority.

Archived