Why is there an M15 bus stop sign at Pike Street & Cherry Street?

'89 Liberty MCI

I'm not sure why that stop was there but now it got really convenient for those who live in that area. It was a smart move. I've taken the M15 from that stop before, its a really smart move.

At what times do the M15s service the stop?

Unsure, since most locals do short turn by Pike-Division. It's an odd amount of locals going through there. I'll put it this way, you'll see more locals going there than South Ferry.

So all the buses that are signed "M15 PIKE ST/DIVISION ST" make the U-turn at South Street? I thought they made the U-turn up at Henry Street or something.

The real last stop is actually Pike/Madison, then they head to South Street and makes a U-turn and lay over. Some buses make U-Turns at Pike/Madison and lay over at the stop.

Pre-SBS. Pike/Division M15 going down to Cherry Street to lay over

a better question is, why you aint rotate that pic.... lol...

I'm not sure why that stop was there but now it got really convenient for those who live in that area. It was a smart move. I've taken the M15 from that stop before, its a really smart move.

(do you feel that way) large in part, b/c of the Pathmark ?

Google Maps is somewhat outdated, but the Pike & Cherry runs were former City Hall runs.

you aint kiddin....

sometimes I still see "2009 Google" as I'm scrolling down the google maps in the satellite view...

(do you feel that way) large in part, b/c of the Pathmark ?

Not entirely because of the Pathmark, but the projects nearby and the apartments across from it which are mostly with Elderly folk. When buses started laying over there, they went on an uproar about why there is no bus stop over there to begin with. I will admit I have used that stop when I make a stop at Pathmark....lol....

I took the shot on my cell phone and made sure it was a portrait shot rather than a landscape shot, and wanted to post it quickly, so I didn't bother to rotate it. If I had uploaded to photobucket I think I could have rotated it there, but I forgot my user name and pass code for my photobucket account(s).

I like how they are going to spruce up Pike Street with the bike lanes, benches, and plants on the wide median like they did on Allen Street.

Not entirely because of the Pathmark, but the projects nearby and the apartments across from it which are mostly with Elderly folk. When buses started laying over there, they went on an uproar about why there is no bus stop over there to begin with. I will admit I have used that stop when I make a stop at Pathmark....lol....

that was my Pathmark as well ...now I moved on..lol to the Linden Pl. Pathmark

Bus stops without a schedule usually mean the bus only drops off passengers there and doesn't pick up. We have them on the Q30.

The only thing is that the final drop off point at that short turn is Pike/Madison. They let everyone off at that stop.

Bus stops without a schedule usually mean the bus only drops off passengers there and doesn't pick up. We have them on the Q30.

Usually it says :

(Bus Route) - Drop Off Only

(Location)

instead of :

(Bus Route) - (Destination)

(Location)

Archived