What has been running on the (M)

Pablo M 201

Time for someone else besides Phil D to talk about the (M) and whats going on.

Alright, so, after quite abit of riding on the (M) yesterday, it looks as though to me and the others I was riding around with, that the (M) is almost completely R160s if not already. Did not see one R42 (M) yesterday which sort of threw a curve ball at us. I think its only down to the rush hour put ins and thats it. Saw a complete midday cycle, and saw a southern end cycle during the rush.

Man, those R160s are great on the (M), not caring what anyone says. Enjoyed very much riding up and down the (M) on them yesterday. Also, never went over the Williamsburg Bridge as fast as its ever been since before 1995. Timers hit us midway, but man, going up the bridge was very nice.

Those R42s are not holding as good anymore either. They look bad and run like crap. Those cars were really let go.

So far for the last two weeks the (M) has definitely looks like it's all R160s. What looks weird is when a (N) and an (M) are both on 36th Street station at the same time. It almost looks like two (N) trains. I spoke with two (M) riders and they really like the R160s.

So far for the last two weeks the (M) has definitely looks like it's all R160s. What looks weird is when a (N) and an (M) are both on 36th Street station at the same time. It almost looks like two (N) trains. I spoke with two (M) riders and they really like the R160s.

I want to get a combo shot of an R160 (N) and R160 (M) at Atlantic where its best possible. Attempted to yesterday but didn't come out all that great.

And yes, from what I've seen yesterday, the riders are very satisfied with the R160s.

I approve of the (M) very much. Customers are satisfied and its a comfortable ride. However there is a CON. There are a lot of taggers on that route...in one of the youtube videos featuring an R160 (M), the front of the train had a silver mark on it.

As of Yesterday the (M) got 3 sets of R 42's being used for the Rush Hours only. I had all R 160's yesterday which was fine by me.

Yeah, I think we missed the R42 put ins yesterday as I suspected. Those are going to be replaced soon or those are going to stay around a little longer?

First off, there are still R42s running on my line. I just rode 1 today going to school. The 42s don't ride like crap. They ride fine. Of course they are not as smooth as a 160 because the 160s got the airbag suspension. Some 42s are worst then others. They just need the roofs replaced because of the rust from the paint chipping off. If the MTA knew how to up-keep shit, those 42s would never rust. Just give them a fresh coat of silver paint every few years and they would of never rusted.

I don't know how you "rated" how they are on the M. You are not a daily rider of that line, as well as NYCT itself! I've been riding the M with 42s my entire life and and everyday for the past years and I can tell you the 42s are better then the shitty 160s. One of the major things I notice is that the 42s can take turns at faster speeds then the 160s could. If your in a 160 and its being wrapped around a sharp curve it feels pathetic.

Yeah, I think we missed the R42 put ins yesterday as I suspected. Those are going to be replaced soon or those are going to stay around a little longer?
They are most likely going to be replaced pretty quick. The 3 will most likely be gone by mid June or before. Theres about 1 brand new 160 set being added every week to my Mikey.

The R 42's will be gone by mid June if everything goes to plan. The R 160's move and have good brakes but after the Warranty runs out and ENYD puts thier hands on them who knows how they going to run.

Thats one thing I'm worried about.

I don't know how you "rated" how they are on the M. You are not a daily rider of that line, as well as NYCT itself! I've been riding the M with 42s my entire life and and everyday for the past years and I can tell you the 42s are better then the shitty 160s.

Maybe, but the majority of the riding public likes the newer brighter stuff. Everything with steel will rust over time, no matter how much you paint it. Water will find its way under paint. The rust-buckets did their duty for the system, and need to be replaced by a new workforce. Most people like new stuff, as they have no ties to older stuff like some do. They want a cleaner, newer, brighter, machine to get them to work and school.........

Is some of your hatred towards the R160s, due to the fact the new techs will take away a view and a hobby you enjoy doing???????? Be honest, Mr. D.....

Maybe, but the majority of the riding public likes the newer brighter stuff. Everything with steel will rust over time, no matter how much you paint it. Water will find its way under paint. The rust-buckets did their duty for the system, and need to be replaced by a new workforce. Most people like new stuff, as they have no ties to older stuff like some do. They want a cleaner, newer, brighter, machine to get them to work and school.........

However (4) line riders like the R62s better than the 142/A junkers. (4) line riders know that the R62 goes much faster than the 142/A. And with an 62 you will get to your destention faster than in a 142/A.

However (4) line riders like the R62s better than the 142/A junkers. (4) line riders know that the R62 goes much faster than the 142/A. And with an 62 you will get to your destention faster than in a 142/A.

Pointless to argue with you....

Pointless to argue with you....

I happen to agree with him on these 2 models. I don't feel you can compare the far older rust buckets to the R160, but you can compare the not that old R62 to the R142s (specifically the Kawasaki A's).......

Don't know about faster, but the R62 IMO, take off smoothly. The R142A's cars like bumping into the front car when accelerating. You can here it on the 6 line, while at street level under the El. On the 2 and 3 lines running express down B'way and 7th Ave, both models will rock and jerk side to side, sending one flying if you ain't holding on...........

Don't know about faster, but the R62 IMO, take off smoothly. The R142A's cars like bumping into the front car when accelerating. You can here it on the 6 line, while at street level under the El. On the 2 and 3 lines running express down B'way and 7th Ave, both models will rock and jerk side to side, sending one flying if you ain't holding on...........

BUcking broncos B):D

Lol you're a big fan of smoothness, smoothness sometimes can be boring. Well... unless you're talking about interco... nevermind B)

I used to think those R142s lost a quick bit traction or something when going full throttle from takeoff lol.

Yesterday I was just standing at the station for like 30 minutes, all of the (M)s that passed was R160s. :eek: Even on the train ride back, all (M)s were R160 (looking out the window). I just took the (J) though for much cooler subway cars instead.

So the (M) is fully R160A's? Yeah, no R42 on (M) today, I sometimes wished that the (M) would use the R143's full time as eight-car trains, but the card maps are set up for the (L) so that's not a good idea. The (M) is great, and so is the (N), especially if they're using the R160 cars. B)

The West End residents get to enjoy the company of the R160A cars on the (M), I wish it went there during middays and evenings, like how the (B) goes to the Brighton line every weekday.

Lol you're a big fan of smoothness, smoothness sometimes can be boring. Well... unless you're talking about interco... nevermind B)

Smoothness on trains and buses (even though I'm not the smoothest driver, IMO). As for interco.....BUCKING BRONCO is the way to go..........

You? Worried? I should be the one worried! And those trains are Japped to make it even worse. They will never hold up like an American built train.

You wouldn't have to worry much either with where you'll be going.

OOPS!

Archived