Q113, X22, and X27/28 Service Changes

Forest Glen

A lot of Queens College students were upset when the Q74 was eliminated. I think one student even started a Facebook group.

My plan's extension of BX55 and conversion into a rapid highway line would have replaced the Q74 completeely while granting faster access to LGA heck it would become like the Q44 in a sense. I prefer if ppl read my posts before bashing them. plus the Q74 was too infrequent to compete with the Q44 and Q46 let alone the other alternatives available. Plus unlike Q74 the new line will cater to more potential riders than the Q74 ever could.

B23, B37 and Q74 had lots of signatures but they discontinued it.
I have aplan to extend a rte to replace B23 and B37 can return by reducing the unreliable 63 however isnt the 37 a duplicate?? They could have made it a variant of the B63 ya know. Can't B42 be extended via foster or clarendon to replace B23 creates a faster alternative to the B6 for some who want to reach cortelyou rd faster while taking a more direct travel path then it goes to boro park via B23 rting.

Yet, he thanks me
some of ur posts make sense some do not unlike u I have no grudges against ppl I am a being who gathers information for my needs and nothing more therefore I do not judge others I just say it like it is thats why I dont bother argueing as its a foolish waste of time I prefer constructive debates not dissrespectful screaming matches on whos right and who's not I reach comprimises and that is reflected in all my ideas. I create multipurpose plans however I am not very versed in urban style bus line and am better with suburban rtes as they can easily merge while city rtes have additional factors like traffic and other issues So I take offense to those who just go for personal attacks instead of explaining alternatives that are better. you sometimes make personal attacks so I dont even bother taking it seriously

now lets try to act like adults not children with petty name calling

Bizarre is not even the word... :eek:

unlike others I hold no grudges so I dont entertain fools now lets get back to 278 read over my extension idea other than the QM ones andd then make an honest opinion on why or why not it should be done plz answer my questions in a mature manner

unlike others I hold no grudges so I dont entertain fools now lets get back to 278 read over my extension idea other than the QM ones andd then make an honest opinion on why or why not it should be done plz answer my questions in a mature manner

Thanks, but I have no interest really in discussing transit issues with you.

so immature and rude u didnt even bother to explain why??? These are ideas I got from others so try to act ur age and be constructive and not rude I dont entertain foolish behavior

I thought it was obvious enough but I guess I'll have to explain.

For what reason would you want to send the Q53 into LIC? Why? You're making the route much more longer which is unnecessary

Q33 to the Lower East Side via the Willy B? You really outdone yourself now, do you even know how LONG OF A TRIP that would be? ALMOST TWO HOURS! And at the same time, you are giving that portion of the route TOO MUCH SERVICE and this entire idea makes no sense at all. I'm 90% sure you havent rode on these routes and for you to make these plans without prior knowledge beforehand is pretty dumb.

some of ur posts make sense some do not unlike u I have no grudges against ppl I am a being who gathers information for my needs and nothing more therefore I do not judge others I just say it like it is thats why I dont bother argueing as its a foolish waste of time I prefer constructive debates not dissrespectful screaming matches on whos right and who's not I reach comprimises and that is reflected in all my ideas. I create multipurpose plans however I am not very versed in urban style bus line and am better with suburban rtes as they can easily merge while city rtes have additional factors like traffic and other issues So I take offense to those who just go for personal attacks instead of explaining alternatives that are better. you sometimes make personal attacks so I dont even bother taking it seriously

now lets try to act like adults not children with petty name calling

I don't have any grudges against you either. It''s just that yours or "someone else's" ideas as you claim are a bit outrageous. The (Q53) to LIC? Really? The (Q33) to the LES? Come on, that's a bit too long and plus these routes would get heavily delayed. The (MTA) would never implement these ideas. Who the hell called you a name?

I thought it was obvious enough but I guess I'll have to explain.

For what reason would you want to send the Q53 into LIC? Why? You're making the route much more longer which is unnecessary

Q33 to the Lower East Side via the Willy B? You really outdone yourself now, do you even know how LONG OF A TRIP that would be? ALMOST TWO HOURS! And at the same time, you are giving that portion of the route TOO MUCH SERVICE

Good thats all I needed to hear I guess the BQE traffic is to blame here. By the way only select trips of 33 extend if my plan were implemented and also to keep travel time at a minimum a HOV lane in both directions gets added to the BQE separated from car traffic with dividers like the LIE HOV but the HOV will operate from 5 AM to 10 PM 7 days a week the idea is to create a bypass route that cuts straght to jackson heights from williamsburg like rtes that go non stop from one major transfer point like williamsburg direct non stop to another like jackson heights. Then have other rtes to LGA via jackson heghts non stop the idea is to set up faster bus service in phases untill a full out BRT on the I278 corridor can be completed that was my plan all along

Good thats all I needed to hear I guess the BQE traffic is to blame here. By the way only select trips of 33 extend if my plan were implemented and also to keep travel time at a minimum a HOV lane in both directions gets added to the BQE separated from car traffic with dividers like the LIE HOV but the HOV will operate from 5 AM to 10 PM 7 days a week the idea is to create a bypass route that cuts straght to jackson heights from williamsburg like rtes that go non stop from one major transfer point like williamsburg direct non stop to another like jackson heights. Then have other rtes to LGA via jackson heghts non stop the idea is to set up faster bus service in phases untill a full out BRT on the I278 corridor can be completed that was my plan all along

With this crappy idea, you might as well just make it an express bus route instead of some stupidly long local route. Select trips or not, it doesnt matter, the route is SIMPLY TOO LONG.

I don't have any grudges against you either. It''s just that yours or "someone else's" as you claim are a bit outrageous. The (Q53) to LIC? Really? The (Q33) to the LES? Come on, that's a bit too long and plus these routes would get heavily delayed. The (MTA) would never implement these ideas.

true in a sense there are shorter rtes that would be better suited to this that was just an example. The Q33 over BQE needs a HOV to work however. the Q33 was only selected cause its an airport bus plus most end in williamsburg under the plan. the HOV on BQE will counteract the delays that may happen

With this crappy idea, you might as well just make it an express bus route instead of some stupidly long local route. Select trips or not, it doesnt matter, the route is SIMPLY TOO LONG.

And he says he doesn't care about NYC. He cares about CT and NJ. :confused:

ehh ya got a point there. The intension was to use short rtes over the BQE busway when implemented to travel direct rtes between major areas. Similar to LA's orange line and pittsburg's busway. However a light rail may be better but o well how will you curb traffic on the BQE??

And he says he doesn't care about NYC. He cares about CT and NJ. :confused:

on the contrary I never said I dont care I just said that NYC's layout is harder to plan for someone of my knowledge base and strengths. Urban rtes have more variables than the suburban rtes therefore my plans that may work somewhere else may not work here. As I have learned from ya ppl. To tell the truth when I spoke in NJ a planning analyst asked for a business card and emailed me info on several NJT rtes sorry to be off topic but keeping it real

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/110421_1115_BUS.pdf

Scroll down to page 57

The Cliff Notes version of the changes is that the Q113 Limited will use Rockaway Blvd instead of 147 Avenue and the "Snake Road" to travel between Springfield Gardens and Five Towns.

Some X22 trips will serve the Outerbridge Park and Ride

The X37 and X38 will return, replacing the jokes known as the X27B and X28B.

Ahhh that sucks yet makes so much sense.

I like how the 113 barrels down that super-duper-un-NYC-like road.

Archived