According to LaGuardia drivers

Q101viaSteinway

Posted by Teubert

so is it true. coach usa takes over mta bus of longisland. all i have to say is twu better find out whats going on and start protecting out pension and other benefits just in case were next. atleast when toussaint was in office he knew how to gather the politicians together with the union and put up a good fight. i hope samuel can do the same. coach usa is a huge company with big money. were gonna have a fight on our hands.

http://www.jerryswebsite.info/apps/guestbook/

coach usa takes over mta bus of longisland.

I'm not even gonna front, I LOL'd when I read this, esp how busfans be roasting Coach USA on these message boards lol. I feel for you LIB customers, keep in mind Coach USA nickname is "Roach USA" If that doesn't signal this is bad news, then it don't know what does. :D

Posted by Teubert

so is it true. coach usa takes over mta bus of longisland. all i have to say is twu better find out whats going on and start protecting out pension and other benefits just in case were next. atleast when toussaint was in office he knew how to gather the politicians together with the union and put up a good fight. i hope samuel can do the same. coach usa is a huge company with big money. were gonna have a fight on our hands.

http://www.jerryswebsite.info/apps/guestbook/

I'm suspicious that this is a hoax.

I'm not even gonna front, I LOL'd when I read this, esp how busfans be roasting Coach USA on these message boards lol. I feel for you LIB customers, keep in mind Coach USA nickname is "Roach USA" If that doesn't signal this is bad news, then it don't know what does. :D

why are they roach usa??? wouldnt this be an excuse to enhance shortline rtes???

I thought LIB isn't part of MTA Bus ??

What they meant was MTA's Long Island Division.

why are they roach usa??? wouldnt this be an excuse to enhance shortline rtes???

No it wouldnt....what the hell does that have to do with Long Island Bus routes?

And if your depot has worse maintenance than all of LIB, then I doubt your operators know much.

Well things are so bad now with maintanance at LIB too. Buses breaking down constantly, had one stall on me today, which hasn't happened in awhile. Hardly any spares, even for the N15 on a Saturday. Runs being curtailed EVERYDAY.

Its looking like the old days again....with the MTA leaving and morale at an all-time low, what do you expect! I'd rather be at LGA anyday....

I thought LIB isn't part of MTA Bus ??

Either way LIB can go kick rocks bunch of damn leeches sucking off our bus service..

Yeah Mocker pretty much told us all that. We'll see how all those city people in Queens fare when they cant get to their jobs in Nassau.

Yeah Mocker pretty much told us all that. We'll see how all those city people in Queens fare when they cant get to their jobs in Nassau.

PinePower, do you know what happened today at 5th Av-59th St around 4:45pm today?

I overheard one of X23/X24 Atlantic Express was missing a bus and X23 was not coming very good.

X24 show up after X24, and it took about 2 buses before X23 show up.

X23/X24 is private franches by NYCDOT and partnership with (MTA).

Coach USA was one of the options when Steinway Transit and Queens Transit were up for sale. Ross Perot is one of the principals of Coach USA,he's from Texas which is a right to work state. Right to work means most workers aren't organized. Coach USA has a track record of taking over failing bus companies and making them profitable. Profits over workers wages. This also means that the workers don't make as much money as they would in an organized shop. I am glad Mr Burke was able to raise the money to get Queens Surface off the ground and we didn't get eaten up by Coach USA/Ross Perot. I hope it's not true that Coach USA is taking over LIB,it can't and won't be good for them.

Coach USA was one of the options when Steinway Transit and Queens Transit were up for sale. Ross Perot is one of the principals of Coach USA,he's from Texas which is a right to work state. Right to work means most workers aren't organized. Coach USA has a track record of taking over failing bus companies and making them profitable. Profits over workers wages. This also means that the workers don't make as much money as they would in an organized shop. I am glad Mr Burke was able to raise the money to get Queens Surface off the ground and we didn't get eaten up by Coach USA/Ross Perot. I hope it's not true that Coach USA is taking over LIB,it can't and won't be good for them.

explain how will coach usa ruin LIB??? doesnt coach usa turn failing bus companies profitable???

explain how will coach usa ruin LIB??? doesnt coach usa turn failing bus companies profitable???

Profits at the expense worker wages,who wants to make a low wage so the owner can have fat pockets? Maybe you,but not me. I wouldn't want the LIB workers to not get paid fairly.

I don't think many people that live in the city would work in nassau.

Even if they did, they can still take the LIRR.

My mom has a friend who works in Long Island, the company provides a shuttle bus from the LIRR station to the offices.

What they should do imo is take all the LIB drivers and re-assign them to NYCT so we can get more service. Especially here at MTA Bus, some of the service is just terrible.

I think I read that it wasn't much above $13 an hour, but it's still the lowest out of all three MTA bus operators.

I don't doubt that some LIB operators will try to get work with MTA Bus or NYCT, but that's an entirely different process.

Wow! If that's the LIB B/O pay then I guess very few if any B/Os of LIB actually live in LI, I hear its expensive as a mofo to live out there, people making SIX FIGURES struggling to make ends meet on LI (I read it on citydata).

Not so much "ruin LIB", but ruin people's surface transit commutes in Nassau....

Nassau needs "urban-style" local bus service; whether that be via a grid system, fixed route system, or even simply appointing a couple hubs throughout Nassau (Hempstead Transit Center, LIRR Hicksville, Nassau Hub/Mineola area, and even 165th st terminal in Queens) while going about implementing a couple hub & spoke systems...

a few point to point routes, can be added w/i the midst of it all

(which is what I think the N20 should be east of LIRR Great neck, to be honest)....

I get the sense that Coach USA would simply run a bunch of coach buses throughout major roads w/i Nassau, have it stop at major areas, and that'd be the gist of it.... which to me, resembles surburban style service.... I mean sure, it's "something", but it won't be sufficient, or enough....

Nassau has gotten a hell of a lot more urban over the years...

That fact cannot be overlooked....

I don't think many people that live in the city would work in nassau.

Even if they did, they can still take the LIRR.

My mom has a friend who works in Long Island, the company provides a shuttle bus from the LIRR station to the offices.

Board member Alan Cappelli brought up this issue: because of the severe lack in reverse-commute service along the Huntington/Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma branches, many Queens residents who work in Nassau take the bus. The Babylon Branch has pretty good reverse peak service.

Nassau does not have hubs like Westchester and Connecticut that attracts reverse commuters. Hempstead isn't White Plains or Stamford. The few places in Nassau that are employment centers, such as the hospitals and universities, lack rail service.

Nassau does not have hubs like Westchester and Connecticut that attracts reverse commuters. Hempstead isn't White Plains or Stamford. The few places in Nassau that are employment centers, such as the hospitals and universities, lack rail service.

so true hempstead DOES NOT attract reverse commuters as most of em dont want to even go through there!!!!:cool:

Archived