Which lines interline with 319 and 551 or 552??

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno. Check the 319, 551, 552 schedules:

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0319.pdf (319)

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0551.pdf (551)

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0552.pdf (552)

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1313.pdf (313 & 315)

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20061223084351/http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0316.pdf

No current 316 schedule, so I looked up a old one, and this was from December 2006.

The 319 obviously connects with most of the New York routes. @ Toms River it connects with the 67/67X 137 & 559.

In AC it connects with all the buses that stop at the AC Bus term...however i dont feel like typing them all out.

The 551 is the same at AC Bus Term. @ Avandale P&R is connects with....um i forget lol. But at the Walter Rand Transit CTR it connects with a million routes that I dont feel like typing out.

Want more into? As SirJoka posted the schedules for you to look at.

The 319 obviously connects with most of the New York routes. @ Toms River it connects with the 67/67X 137 & 559.

In AC it connects with all the buses that stop at the AC Bus term...however i dont feel like typing them all out.

The 551 is the same at AC Bus Term. @ Avandale P&R is connects with....um i forget lol. But at the Walter Rand Transit CTR it connects with a million routes that I dont feel like typing out.

Want more into? As SirJoka posted the schedules for you to look at.

Err I asked which routes INTERLINE with the 552 and 319 and 551 not connect with and transfer with but interline like enter AC as one line then becomes 319 or 552 and 551 like that basically what the philly rtes do I want to know if the AC lines do the same. However the schedules do reveal that the connections between 552 and 551 are sloppy and require one to wait at least 40+ mins which is why the 313 and 316 are popular. Why did they kill 555??? did it have high ridership??? or low

All of Egg Harbors 319s upon entering AC during the off season all go out of service and deadhead to the garage. During the summer the Cape May ones go straight to Wildwood Cape May then deadhead back to the garage.

The Philly routes do that because it keeps service moving better and the fact theres no real bus terminal in philly....just a loop(down 6th street right onto market turns right onto broad then right on vine st then right on 8th st then left to the Ben Franklin). Buses out of Egg Harbor work different. All the mcis only work the full service routes and all the novas work the local routes.

Now some 553 trips interline into 559s at the AC Bus term and vise versa. Most 559s are 553s.

Err I asked which routes INTERLINE with the 552 and 319 and 551 not connect with and transfer with but interline like enter AC as one line then becomes 319 or 552 and 551 like that basically what the philly rtes do I want to know if the AC lines do the same. However the schedules do reveal that the connections between 552 and 551 are sloppy and require one to wait at least 40+ mins which is why the 313 and 316 are popular. Why did they kill 555??? did it have high ridership??? or low

You'd have to be a NJT Official to know that information. That's the type of information that stays internal.

You'd have to be a NJT Official to know that information. That's the type of information that stays internal.

One can always find out by observing at Atlantic City Bus Terminal.

553-559 sounds like a very long, hard run to drive.

I guess you could too before someone in the office looks at you and wonder why you've been there for a long period of time without taking a bus.

All of Egg Harbors 319s upon entering AC during the off season all go out of service and deadhead to the garage. During the summer the Cape May ones go straight to Wildwood Cape May then deadhead back to the garage.

The Philly routes do that because it keeps service moving better and the fact theres no real bus terminal in philly....just a loop(down 6th street right onto market turns right onto broad then right on vine st then right on 8th st then left to the Ben Franklin). Buses out of Egg Harbor work different. All the mcis only work the full service routes and all the novas work the local routes.

Now some 553 trips interline into 559s at the AC Bus term and vise versa. Most 559s are 553s.

hmm ok does 551 and 552 interline or do they do the same stuff 319 does???

I don't think 551 and 552 would do that, reliability would be horrible as they have to endure both peak traffic choke points in one trip.

When I went to AC this past Tuesday, I didn't see/notice any interlining...

[Trip basically went 139 (nyc-lakewood) > 559 (lakewood-AC) > 554 (AC-Lindenwold PATCO) > 403 (Lindenwold PATCO - WRTC) > 409 (WRTC-Trenton)...]

....anyway, as I went to get a ticket for the 554, the only buses on the pickup bays, was a 553 (which left w/ only 4 people on it), a 559 back to Lakewood (not the same bus I got off of) & a bus powered off in the 554 bay (which was eventually the bus I took)....

as my 554 pulled off, a 552 to Cape May pulled in....

this was around 2:30 ish (pm)...

Wouldn't make much sense if it did...

besides, most the 552's start at Atlantic City RR....

...and here I was thinking 6th & race (NW corner) was an actual terminal.... saw a few NJT's (just MCI's) parked along there...

thanks for the tip.

I wonder if thats why the 559's are running late, and I mean VERY late these days. Saw one running nearly 50 minutes late this afternoon by Toms River! Loads of people waiting along Rt.9 to get to Lakewood!

I wonder if thats why the 559's are running late, and I mean VERY late these days. Saw one running nearly 50 minutes late this afternoon by Toms River! Loads of people waiting along Rt.9 to get to Lakewood!

I guess the 559 should stop interlining with 553 then!!!!! If it was me I would have used 67 or walked there is no way I will wait for a bus that's 50 mins late!!!!! seriously a 67 may have passed during that time.

Those mcis you saw are ones that start there day in philly.

*Edit*

The buses between 10am and 310pm are usually not packed leaving ac but average 35 to 80ppl later in the route. rush hour are crazy.

should they get rerouted then for ocean city via pleasantville??? if they arent packed in AC?? so AC isnt that major???

The 553 does not need to go to Pleasantville except for late nights as it currently does. Where did I say AC isnt major? It just depends on the run. Since he said he was there around 230ish then that means everyone must have crammed onto the 140 and the 210 wasnt the bus they needed. That goes to show an express variant is needed.

There is no way in hell a 553 would ever get extended to Ocean City....keep dreaming buddy. IIRC the 551 went to Ocean City one time.

Alot of 559 picks require you to do a 553 round trip first. Not many 559s start at the gate. The ones that do start at the gate does 2 559 round trips or 1 559 and 1 553.

It is very common for 559s to be up to a 1hr 30mins late. If that 1st 553 trip is 20mins late to upper deerfield and 20mins late to AC then the 559 is already 40mins late leaving AC and bout time you add the stop lights and the pleasantville bus term. its already a hr late before getting to Toms River. The only thing that would save the 559 is adding a 139 variant from Lakewood to Toms River via Route 9 and making the 559s term. Toms River. Those 319 connections are important. Or split the 559 with Howell.

Alot of 559 picks require you to do a 553 round trip first. Not many 559s start at the gate. The ones that do start at the gate does 2 559 round trips or 1 559 and 1 553.

It is very common for 559s to be up to a 1hr 30mins late. If that 1st 553 trip is 20mins late to upper deerfield and 20mins late to AC then the 559 is already 40mins late leaving AC and bout time you add the stop lights and the pleasantville bus term. its already a hr late before getting to Toms River. The only thing that would save the 559 is adding a 139 variant from Lakewood to Toms River via Route 9 and making the 559s term. Toms River. Those 319 connections are important. Or split the 559 with Howell.

what about a new rte from egg harbor to AC via the airport then let that interline with 559 instead of 553. 553 is too long to interline. The best way is to contract the line with academy so it can end in toms river or be rerouted to another corridor north of toms river like 549 and such. If the 559 interlines then is should only interline with a short route. or combine with 501 and eliminate interlining with 553 completely.

I discovered something with the 501 schedule and 559 schedule!!!! If the 559 is on time then one has a connection with 501 within 10 mins or less so since the 553 is always late eliminate the interlining. Then combine 559 with 501 as their schedules are compatible then the 559 will no longer be bound to the 553!!! heck to prepare start by running MCI's on 501!!! before merging it completely. The fact that 559 will save on milage will help. The 553 already makes money so there is no need to interline it with a rte like 559 at all. The 552 can extend as a rapid type version of 559 to brigantine via the tunnel. Can it use the tunnel???

The 553 does not need to go to Pleasantville except for late nights as it currently does. Where did I say AC isnt major? It just depends on the run. Since he said he was there around 230ish then that means everyone must have crammed onto the 140 and the 210 wasnt the bus they needed. That goes to show an express variant is needed.

There is no way in hell a 553 would ever get extended to Ocean City....keep dreaming buddy. IIRC the 551 went to Ocean City one time.

I didnt mean it like that I meant to millvile via woodbine and Ocean city. Though that may be hard to do. I am aware 553 cant extend due to interlining with 559!!! which should end

From what I notice on the 559, the majority of the ridership are in two spots/locales...

* b/w Toms River & Lakewood

- if what you're sayin is true, then that issue can be solved by adding some 137's that run ONLY b/w Toms River & Lakewood..... (or extend/send 139's, as 553(Bridgeton) states down to Toms River... since he's more familiar w/ what run out of what garages in NJ far more than I do)

* b/w Pleasantville/Absecon & Atlantic city

- if 553(Bridgeton) is sayin that most 559's are 553's, then there's not much you can do to the 559 route itself... now I see why it runs the full route all day (basically), with no short turns whatsoever.... There aint no where b/w P'ville & Toms River you can end 559's, w/o disrupting those who rely on a particular run, including those seeking Pleasantville, Absecon, & AC on the south end, and Lakewood & Toms River on the northern end of the route....

Either that (anything I colored blue), or just cease the interlining of the 553 w/ the 559.....

So that's what it was; the 551 was carved from the 555....

Seeing how the 551 is, it makes sense to have it stop dead at AC, instead of continuing on to ocean city.... Besides, it's easy to "sell" [AC to Philly] nowadays, as opposed to [Ocean city to Philly]....

I could imagine all the "Does this go to Atlantic city"... questions, riders of the old 555......

Most of the local routes needs to be moved around because the areas are growing and new routes created.

My first time out there (for fanning purposes), I was looking for EVERY route that served AC, to be in that bus terminal... come to find out it's just full service routes, and the greyhounds of the world....

If I'm gettin you correctly, the bus stops along Atlantic av there (the locals) should be spread out, like that of all the bus stops of routes along Hillside av (in Queens)....

I would have to agree with you on that one.... Way too many people crowding/loitering/roaming around the south side of the AC bus terminal there...

From what I notice on the 559, the majority of the ridership are in two spots/locales...

* b/w Toms River & Lakewood

- if what you're sayin is true, then that issue can be solved by adding some 137's that run ONLY b/w Toms River & Lakewood..... (or extend/send 139's, as 553(Bridgeton) states down to Toms River... since he's more familiar w/ what run out of what garages in NJ far more than I do)

* b/w Pleasantville/Absecon & Atlantic city

- if 553(Bridgeton) is sayin that most 559's are 553's, then there's not much you can do to the 559 route itself... now I see why it runs the full route all day (basically), with no short turns whatsoever.... There aint no where b/w P'ville & Toms River you can end 559's, w/o disrupting those who rely on a particular run, including those seeking Pleasantville, Absecon, & AC on the south end, and Lakewood & Toms River on the northern end of the route....

Either that (anything I colored blue), or just cease the interlining of the 553 w/ the 559.....

So that's what it was; the 551 was carved from the 555....

Seeing how the 551 is, it makes sense to have it stop dead at AC, instead of continuing on to ocean city.... Besides, it's easy to "sell" [AC to Philly] nowadays, as opposed to [Ocean city to Philly]....

I could imagine all the "Does this go to Atlantic city"... questions, riders of the old 555......

My first time out there (for fanning purposes), I was looking for EVERY route that served AC, to be in that bus terminal... come to find out it's just full service routes, and the greyhounds of the world....

If I'm gettin you correctly, the bus stops along Atlantic av there (the locals) should be spread out, like that of all the bus stops of routes along Hillside av (in Queens)....

I would have to agree with you on that one.... Way too many people crowding/loitering/roaming around the south side of the AC bus terminal there...

I know the 559 needs to cease interlining but where will the buses come from??? Still I need answers on the locals which SJ areas are growing that require locals to be rearranged??

Archived