Which lines interline with 319 and 551 or 552??

When you took a ride on the 403 you did notice how it back tracked once it left Lindenwold. There is another road once the 403 gets to Voorhees Towne Ctr that would easily lead it back to route 30. If one misses a camden bound bus one can easily run to route 30 and get the same bus that left Lindenwold train station.

Yep.... thought I was goin nuts too...

I'm like, why is this bus going back to the PATCO station again..... anyway, it stopped at some mall, and I saw an MCI parked just in front of the bus stop... was tryna figure out what route that was, but the bus was powered off.....

anyway, JUST as the 403 pulled into its respective lane inside WRTC (which immediately turned into a 403 Turnersville after I got off [that bus filled up too]; as I was the last person off the bus), a bus pulled up right to the right of it... I was hoping for the 418, but didn't know that was only a peak direction bus w/ only 2 runs in each direction... good thing I didn't wait...

Soon as I looked up at the destination sign & saw 409 Trenton Country Plaza (which I still can't figure out what that is), I was on it like flies to s***.... Why don't they change the sign to "Trenton Transit Center"....

^^ Turned out being one of the worst rides I ever endured, and it's 100% my fault.... imagine having hunger pains, heat exhaustion, and a migraine all in one shot... I was tossin & turnin like a motha on that bus... luckily, there was never more than 5 ppl at any one point on the bus....

to boot, I went inside TTC lookin for a nice cold bottle water, and all I get some ole warm BS... this other dude was cursing right along w/ me, he was like "all these shitz is hot"... LMAO.... arab guy was like, "I can get y'all some ice"... man, I just got some kit kat's b/c I needed change to get a rail ticket, and got the hell outta there....

the train was about 2 mins away from pullin out.

Sorry for all the extra details.....

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tha mci you saw was the 451. The 451 is a 403 variant to help ease the crowds. It runs nabis and mcis.

That 418 is a waste imo. The 409 is never crowded during the daytime. But ride that sucker after the last riverline train.

To this day I dont know what the country plaza is because the bus ends at the Transit Center. I never understood that destination sign because I never seen the country plaza.

I have to give Spring Creek all the props. They do a good job imo.

The police/towns has alot to say on where the buses go. When you ride njt and see a route making all those damn turns its not because of njt...its the damn police and town. NJT can suggest a route but the town and police have to like it for it to go down.

When you took a ride on the 403 you did notice how it back tracked once it left Lindenwold. There is another road once the 403 gets to Voorhees Towne Ctr that would easily lead it back to route 30. If one misses a camden bound bus one can easily run to route 30 and get the same bus that left Lindenwold train station.

*Edit*

Yes they still have signs with "no jake brakes* however most of them are not on the main roads where service runs. When I do the 313 I dont use the jakes untill I get to vineland because alot of the towns from wildwood are quiet zones. However when I deadhead and see the signs I still use it because its a safety feature.

Wait. Now I gotta ask this. Up north, the Jake Brakes come on NO MATTER WHAT. There isn't a switch to switch them off. And where I am, driving school buses, even though I quit because they gave me shitty hours of 9 to 10 a week instead of the 25-30 that they said they were, including charters, but up here, some school buses have jakes, and the instructor (Bitch that she was since she was the one that was talking crap about me and making my job difficult) said that ABSOLUTELY NO JAKE BRAKES ALLOWED. When she wasn't on, I turned that sucker on. I like the feeling of extra brake power. Forget the noise. F-That. But, back to 553, your buses have a switch where ya can turn the jakes off?

Yep.... thought I was goin nuts too...

I'm like, why is this bus going back to the PATCO station again..... anyway, it stopped at some mall, and I saw an MCI parked just in front of the bus stop... was tryna figure out what route that was, but the bus was powered off.....

anyway, JUST as the 403 pulled into its respective lane inside WRTC (which immediately turned into a 403 Turnersville after I got off [that bus filled up too]; as I was the last person off the bus), a bus pulled up right to the right of it... I was hoping for the 418, but didn't know that was only a peak direction bus w/ only 2 runs in each direction... good thing I didn't wait...

Soon as I looked up at the destination sign & saw 409 Trenton Country Plaza (which I still can't figure out what that is), I was on it like flies to s***.... Why don't they change the sign to "Trenton Transit Center"....

^^ Turned out being one of the worst rides I ever endured, and it's 100% my fault.... imagine having hunger pains, heat exhaustion, and a migraine all in one shot... I was tossin & turnin like a motha on that bus... luckily, there was never more than 5 ppl at any one point on the bus....

to boot, I went inside TTC lookin for a nice cold bottle water, and all I get some ole warm BS... this other dude was cursing right along w/ me, he was like "all these shitz is hot"... LMAO.... arab guy was like, "I can get y'all some ice"... man, I just got some kit kat's b/c I needed change to get a rail ticket, and got the hell outta there....

the train was about 2 mins away from pullin out.

Sorry for all the extra details.....

Coming soon to CBS: Survivor: NJ Transit 400 Lines...........

Wait. Now I gotta ask this. Up north, the Jake Brakes come on NO MATTER WHAT. There isn't a switch to switch them off. And where I am, driving school buses, even though I quit because they gave me shitty hours of 9 to 10 a week instead of the 25-30 that they said they were, including charters, but up here, some school buses have jakes, and the instructor (Bitch that she was since she was the one that was talking crap about me and making my job difficult) said that ABSOLUTELY NO JAKE BRAKES ALLOWED. When she wasn't on, I turned that sucker on. I like the feeling of extra brake power. Forget the noise. F-That. But, back to 553, your buses have a switch where ya can turn the jakes off?

Hold up....school buses have jakes?

The new 7100s dont have jakes( D4500CTs). Now the older 7100s there is a switch. I dont know if the ones up north have em but the bus I get everyday 7187 has it.

Coming soon to CBS: Survivor: NJ Transit 400 Lines...........

Woah are they that BAD???? I used em lots havent had problems. Miss a 459 and I just walk lol. Miss 400 I take 455 to 406 and still get there in a reasonable time period.:cool: Its how ya work em. So is the 409 so useless that it should get cut???? It's florence and burlington segments act as feeders to the riverline!!!! Its several local buses merged into one long distance line.

Woah are they that BAD???? I used em lots havent had problems. Miss a 459 and I just walk lol. Miss 400 I take 455 to 406 and still get there in a reasonable time period.:cool: Its how ya work em. So is the 409 so useless that it should get cut???? It's florence and burlington segments act as feeders to the riverline!!!! Its several local buses merged into one long distance line.

The 409 is basically useless but it does feed those to riverline stations who live in between. It only becomes useful when the riverline stops running but even the 409 doesnt run 24/7.

There's gotta be a switch.....I would hate to have that jake on during a snowstorm or heavy rain. I don't really use the jake (or retarder) because they all kick in different even in low or high mode. One of our buses will literally throw you into the windshield in the low mode, I think it's more comfortable for the passengers without it. Some of the guys from the Meadowlands don't seem to be taught that they don't have to hammer the brakes with the jake on.

The jakes on the D4000/4500s are not that loud. Now if we were talking about a older J model or a Van Hool w/the Cummins then ok I can understand the noisr complaint. Either way I could care less about the signs....the jake brake is a safety device and if I feel I need it, I'm gonna use it!

There's gotta be a switch.....I would hate to have that jake on during a snowstorm or heavy rain. I don't really use the jake (or retarder) because they all kick in different even in low or high mode. One of our buses will literally throw you into the windshield in the low mode, I think it's more comfortable for the passengers without it. Some of the guys from the Meadowlands don't seem to be taught that they don't have to hammer the brakes with the jake on.

The jakes on the D4000/4500s are not that loud. Now if we were talking about a older J model or a Van Hool w/the Cummins then ok I can understand the noisr complaint. Either way I could care less about the signs....the jake brake is a safety device and if I feel I need it, I'm gonna use it!

IDK if Meadowlands tells their guys to keep it on but Egg Harbor tells us to turn it off when we see the signs on deadheads. I only turned it off that one time because I seen cops pulling over trucks and I knew it was because of them jaking. Other then that I keep it on. And driving in snow/rain it best to keep it off cause it causes the driving wheels to slide. Some of those Meadowlands guys do hammer the brakes like the bus is running away i dont hammer em. Those 7100s(7121-7187) are powerful buses no need to hammer. The jakes on the 7100s are loud but not stupid loud and if a cop wants to be an ass he will pull you over. I can understand trucks cause you can hear jakes on a truck a mile away.

Tha mci you saw was the 451. The 451 is a 403 variant to help ease the crowds. It runs nabis and mcis.

That 418 is a waste imo. The 409 is never crowded during the daytime. But ride that sucker after the last riverline train.

To this day I dont know what the country plaza is because the bus ends at the Transit Center. I never understood that destination sign because I never seen the country plaza.

I thought you were gonna reply in sayin "the country plaza is the transit center".... hell, if you don't know what the country plaza is, then I don't feel as bad/stupid....

I have to agree w/ your assessment of that route though... of the times I've taken it during the daytime, there's hasn't been more than 10 people sittin in the bus at any one point... the last 409 I took had 7 total people... 7, which I really see as 6, b/c I'm not a regular rider by any means (and that was a bus leaving walter rand after 6pm).... the one time (which was the first time) I rode the 409, it was a bus that got to TTC a little after 10pm; and that isht was packed...

looking at the schedule of the 418, it reminds me of an express route we have here called the BxM7b; those people can easily take a local bus to pelham bay park (you're familiar w/ the bronx), and catch the BxM7a.... Bxm7b's shouldn't even exist.... that's the only express route in our system I feel like way, with....

Good to know about the 451... I can't think of any other routes that run both the NABI's & the MCI's... I took a 108 NY (from NWK's penn sta) that was an MCI a while back, but I think I just got lucky with that...

thanks again fam.

That's exactly how it feels to me...

I thought you were gonna reply in sayin "the country plaza is the transit center".... hell, if you don't know what the country plaza is, then I don't feel as bad/stupid....

I have to agree w/ your assessment of that route though... of the times I've taken it during the daytime, there's hasn't been more than 10 people sittin in the bus at any one point... the last 409 I took had 7 total people... 7, which I really see as 6, b/c I'm not a regular rider by any means (and that was a bus leaving walter rand after 6pm).... the one time (which was the first time) I rode the 409, it was a bus that got to TTC a little after 10pm; and that isht was packed...

looking at the schedule of the 418, it reminds me of an express route we have here called the BxM7b; those people can easily take a local bus to pelham bay park (you're familiar w/ the bronx), and catch the BxM7a.... Bxm7b's shouldn't even exist.... that's the only express route in our system I feel like way, with....

Good to know about the 451... I can't think of any other routes that run both the NABI's & the MCI's... I took a 108 NY (from NWK's penn sta) that was an MCI a while back, but I think I just got lucky with that...

thanks again fam.

That's exactly how it feels to me...

You sure it was a 108? I remember hearing NJT NEVER EVER want a MCI on that line will all the bullshit that happened years ago.

IDK if Meadowlands tells their guys to keep it on but Egg Harbor tells us to turn it off when we see the signs on deadheads. I only turned it off that one time because I seen cops pulling over trucks and I knew it was because of them jaking. Other then that I keep it on. And driving in snow/rain it best to keep it off cause it causes the driving wheels to slide. Some of those Meadowlands guys do hammer the brakes like the bus is running away i dont hammer em. Those 7100s(7121-7187) are powerful buses no need to hammer. The jakes on the 7100s are loud but not stupid loud and if a cop wants to be an ass he will pull you over. I can understand trucks cause you can hear jakes on a truck a mile away.

I can answer that for you. All the Meadowlands buses have the switch to turn the JAKE on or off taken out of the control panel. You're pretty much driving with Jakes unless a mechanic does something to it.

Hold up....school buses have jakes?

The new 7100s dont have jakes( D4500CTs). Now the older 7100s there is a switch. I dont know if the ones up north have em but the bus I get everyday 7187 has it.

Not all. Some did. Some of the International buses with the Wolfington bodys had Jakes.

Alot of those towns dont want to hear the Jake Brakes. The buses goes via Ocean Drive but it would make sense to stay on Ocean Drive. Truth is those towns dont want buses blocking up the roads. Its one of the reasons outside of the summer bus service is low through there.

how can 5 mile beach run frequently while NJT can't is the 315 allowed to stay on ocean drive???? about the 409/417 and 418 does the 417 have higher ridership than 409??? at rush??? cause I did see a full 417 at rush a few days back.

how can 5 mile beach run frequently while NJT can't is the 315 allowed to stay on ocean drive???? about the 409/417 and 418 does the 417 have higher ridership than 409??? at rush??? cause I did see a full 417 at rush a few days back.

The word of the town is why that ish goes down like that. They feel njt is blocking up the roads. They just dont want buses to stay on Ocean Dr. They say the Jake Brakes cause vibrations in the ground.

I never been on a 417 or 418 so I wouldnt know but what I do know NJT needs to rethink those routes because people rather take the RiverLine. 5 to 10 ppl total on a route thats 2hr long isnt good business.

The word of the town is why that ish goes down like that. They feel njt is blocking up the roads. They just dont want buses to stay on Ocean Dr. They say the Jake Brakes cause vibrations in the ground.

I never been on a 417 or 418 so I wouldnt know but what I do know NJT needs to rethink those routes because people rather take the RiverLine. 5 to 10 ppl total on a route thats 2hr long isnt good business.

why is 409 so frequent then!!!! Is the 419 ridership also as anemic as 409???

why is 409 so frequent then!!!! Is the 419 ridership also as anemic as 409???

Think of it as a backup. If the Riverline is down, there has to be some mode of public transport to get people to and from. I can ONLY IMAGINE how it was before the Riverline was built.

Think of it as a backup. If the Riverline is down, there has to be some mode of public transport to get people to and from. I can ONLY IMAGINE how it was before the Riverline was built.

Err isnt that why they have train shuttles like subsitute buses??? What is the ridership on the 419 now???

Its like that so they dont have to worry about rushing buses into service if something does happen on the riverline which nothing rarely does. They need to double track the entire riverline. so if something does happen they can single track to keep service moving in the event something does happen.

Its like that so they dont have to worry about rushing buses into service if something does happen on the riverline which nothing rarely does. They need to double track the entire riverline. so if something does happen they can single track to keep service moving in the event something does happen.

Err its already double tracked

Archived