Which lines interline with 319 and 551 or 552??

The 60 was going to happen. There even was a destination sign created for the 60. I forgot the number but I think it was 60 TOMS RIVER ALL PARK AND RIDES or something to that effect. I have to call my old buddy and see if he remembers it. But, it was canned by someone...forgot who.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cool:

The 60 was going to happen. There even was a destination sign created for the 60. I forgot the number but I think it was 60 TOMS RIVER ALL PARK AND RIDES or something to that effect. I have to call my old buddy and see if he remembers it. But, it was canned by someone...forgot who.

even PNC???? heck If thats the case then all this will enhance connectivity within my NJT proposal which will actually facilitate my regionalizations of many lines. Cause now someone can change their destination by switching buses at park and rides.

If 60 was going to happen how frequent would it have been??? So I can get a feel for what the rte can really do.

More attention needs to be brought to the lack of local bus service in and around Toms River. None of these new route change ideas address that.

I believe the 559 uses only 40 footers and with the hourly headways crowding is a huge problem. Most riders go between 2 portions of the route, Toms River-Lakewood and Toms River-Points south.

I believe the 559 should terminate at Toms River, with a new route between Lakewood and Toms River, via route 9, that would run every 30 minutes instead of hourly. It could be contracted to Academy, which already has a depot along that route.

Being the most traveled part of the route, the shorter distance and better headways will mean better on time performance.

The other issue is the severe lack of service along Rt.549 between Toms River, Brick, and Lakewood. Only the 67 (which runs at odd 2 hour or so intervals) and Ocean Ride (which only serves up to the mall) run this route, despite many major commercial areas, shopping centers, and a college.

Now the 317 does serve the portion between Brick and Lakewood, but not to Toms River. My suggestion is to run more 137 trips as locals between Brick and Toms River (via Rt.549 service). So when combined with the 67 the service is hourly between Toms River and Brick.

Brick seems to have a severe lack of bus service period, and that needs to be looked at, as Brick has a similar amount of population as TR.

Ocean Ride is a joke and needs to be taken over by NJT, but perhaps contracted, but with a better schedule. I would like to see Toms River-Lakehurst via 37 service, a crosstown of sorts.

Suffolk County here on LI is similar to Ocean County in alot of ways, but has much better route coverage and service levels. Most of Ocean County isn't even accessible by bus, which is sad.

It doesn't need anymore attention than the residents of Ocean county want to give it..... You know full well you wouldn't care if it didn't make YOUR life easier going to/from the pine barrens out there... so let's stop making out like your interest is of the residents that live about the area.....

Toms River isn't a median point of the ridership on the 559 (like it is, say, the 319) like you're trying to portray it out to be.... matter fact, there is no median point.... Like I told you before, the major usage the 559 gets is in-between Lakewood & Toms River, and in-between Absecon/Pleasantville & Atlantic City....

30 min service. b/w Lakewood & Toms River is too frequent...

It doesn't need anymore attention than the residents of Ocean county want to give it..... You know full well you wouldn't care if it didn't make YOUR life easier going to/from the pine barrens out there... so let's stop making out like your interest is of the residents that live about the area.....

Toms River isn't a median point of the ridership on the 559 (like it is, say, the 319) like you're trying to portray it out to be.... matter fact, there is no median point.... Like I told you before, the major usage the 559 gets is in-between Lakewood & Toms River, and in-between Absecon/Pleasantville & Atlantic City....

30 min service. b/w Lakewood & Toms River is too frequent...

B35 arent u based in NY??? How do u know the service demand in ocean cty??? and these back and forth about service is literally confusing!!!! What does ocean cty need??

B35 arent u based in NY??? How do u know the service demand in ocean cty??? and these back and forth about service is literally confusing!!!! What does ocean cty need??

You kiddin me...

aren't YOU based in NY.... f*** outta here with that....

I can get a gauge of the demand a certain area needs, just by noticing the ridership habits of the NJT routes surrounding the area, over time.... The same ones you want to tinker around & screw with for no other reason but to play connect the dots.... I've been out there enough to come to a formidable conclusion.... Which answers your little remark....

Riddle me this...

How do YOU know the service demand in Ocean county.... You've been harping about how bad Ocean ride is for the longest.... You've been trying to "gather data" for the longest.... Worse, all these plans, and yet you have no solutions for anything... just piggybacking off other people's responses... I bet that's where your feelings about Oceanride stemmed from....

Better yet, how about you go find out for yourself, firsthand, and come up with your own conclusions based off your own experiences... instead of gettin so supposedly confused off other people's findings/posts....

I'm not playing with you... don't you ever come at me like that, if you aint on your P's & Q's yourself.....

Ok. I tried to let transitmaster & pinepowers 559 plans blow over. As a driver who did the 559 doublebangers im telling you.....30min service between Toms River & Lakewood is all out stupid. This aint the 126 so cut the crap. A simple plan is to give Toms River via Lakewood to Howell or Academy and end the 559 @ Toms River. Cut the crap about this 30min bs. All the 559 does is bring people to the 319 for a CT to AC or a xfer to the 67X or a northbound 137X or 319. If you buy a 16 Zone ticket going southbound to AC you can request a CT to ride the 319 express to AC.

Ok. I tried to let transitmaster & pinepowers 559 plans blow over. As a driver who did the 559 doublebangers im telling you.....30min service between Toms River & Lakewood is all out stupid. This aint the 126 so cut the crap. A simple plan is to give Toms River via Lakewood to Howell or Academy and end the 559 @ Toms River. Cut the crap about this 30min bs. All the 559 does is bring people to the 319 for a CT to AC or a xfer to the 67X or a northbound 137X or 319. If you buy a 16 Zone ticket going southbound to AC you can request a CT to ride the 319 express to AC.

Ok thanks for clearing that up I had a feeling pinepower was a bit off but I needed ya to confirm

Ok thanks for clearing that up I had a feeling pinepower was a bit off but I needed ya to confirm

delete this plz

You kiddin me...

I can get a gauge of the demand a certain area needs, just by noticing the ridership habits of the NJT routes surrounding the area, over time.... The same ones you want to tinker around & screw with for no other reason but to play connect the dots.... I've been out there enough to come to a formidable conclusion.... Which answers your little remark....

Riddle me this...

How do YOU know the service demand in Ocean county.... You've been harping about how bad Ocean ride is for the longest.... You've been trying to "gather data" for the longest.... Worse, all these plans, and yet you have no solutions for anything... just piggybacking off other people's responses... I bet that's where your feelings about Oceanride stemmed from....

Better yet, how about you go find out for yourself, firsthand, and come up with your own conclusions based off your own experiences... instead of gettin so supposedly confused off other people's findings/posts....

I'm not playing with you... don't you ever come at me like that, if you aint on your P's & Q's yourself.....

Most of my plans are going to be refined based on experiences in NJT I have listed a few rtes I want to try out to learn about their patterns. The south jersey plan not including 409 was actually based off of my own observations like 313 /315 not having enough trips. I also noticed that the 402 is underserved for the ridership it gets is a little higher than the service levels would leave one to believe. I listed the rtes I will fan are the ones I am curious about. And how they can be modded. I mentioned a super rte that can eat 10 others while at the NJT meetings where I got business cards and info. My feeling about oceanride stemmed from my inability to plan a trip through ocean county using them and NJT since they were so horribly infrequent I ended up cancelling my trip as a result.

Actually the 402 is overserved. Their is no midday service for a reason. NJT didnt schedule it like as some silly joke. The route is a copy cat until Woodbury. Its basicallly a rush hour only route to serve the peeps that live south of Woodbury. It does get crowded but that doesnt mean it needs more service. The route that does need more service is the 410. For a route to average 63 ppl on any given day just screams more service. Out of the 401 402 412 the 410 is the most used bus between Bridgeton & Phila. The Mexicans kill that bus on those AM and PM expresses and the Locals between Bridgeton & Mullica Hill/Mantua. They even have to put NABIs on the 410..some 410s you would think your driving in Mexico as sometimes thats the only race on the bus. The Park n Ride in Mullica Hill those peeps cram the bus on the AM express. Every AM Express is full.

If you travel between Philadelphia/Camden to Woodbury you can take whatever bus comes first(401 402 410 412) as they are all the same to Woodbury. During rush hours if your a 410 rider you must take the 401 402 as the 410 & 412 skip Camden and Glouscester City. The 410 stays express to Brooklawn and runs via Route 130. Those buses are packed with business people that work in phila and lemme tell you these peeps have assigned seats since they ride and work the same hrs. Those AM & PM 410 expresses are basically only for the business people working in phila.

You kiddin me...

Riddle me this...

*Round of applause*...well said sir!

Actually the 402 is overserved. Their is no midday service for a reason. NJT didnt schedule it like as some silly joke. The route is a copy cat until Woodbury. Its basicallly a rush hour only route to serve the peeps that live south of Woodbury. It does get crowded but that doesnt mean it needs more service. The route that does need more service is the 410. For a route to average 63 ppl on any given day just screams more service. Out of the 401 402 412 the 410 is the most used bus between Bridgeton & Phila. The Mexicans kill that bus on those AM and PM expresses and the Locals between Bridgeton & Mullica Hill/Mantua. They even have to put NABIs on the 410..some 410s you would think your driving in Mexico as sometimes thats the only race on the bus. The Park n Ride in Mullica Hill those peeps cram the bus on the AM express. Every AM Express is full.

If you travel between Philadelphia/Camden to Woodbury you can take whatever bus comes first(401 402 410 412) as they are all the same to Woodbury. During rush hours if your a 410 rider you must take the 401 402 as the 410 & 412 skip Camden and Glouscester City. The 410 stays express to Brooklawn and runs via Route 130. Those buses are packed with business people that work in phila and lemme tell you these peeps have assigned seats since they ride and work the same hrs. Those AM & PM 410 expresses are basically only for the business people working in phila.

Interesting so how frequent should 410 be???? you know during the week and weekends??? How much is needed on the 401??? I used the 402 on saturday from beckett to philly and it was full that was why I was wondering if it needed more service. Is the 401 too infrequent??? Cause I am curious will a light rail to pennsville from camden work??? Cause I have used 402 and wondered why I-295 is deserted. I also heard this nexis guy keep saying rail is needed all over south jersey along with many peeps from south jersey on the city-data forums. Can you clear it up for me??? Will light rail even work there??? Cause I am not sure cause those areas are quite deserted. Is 408 underserved??? what about 315???

*Round of applause*...well said sir!

actually I am trying to figure out from others if my ideas need work that is why I ask cause if I knew everything I wouldn't ask questions. Also I will use many NJT rtes to see what works and what doesnt. I used MD commuter buses and they were all FULL but that is another region. Now I just need to know more about CT

actually I am trying to figure out from others if my ideas need work that is why I ask cause if I knew everything I wouldn't ask questions. Also I will use many NJT rtes to see what works and what doesnt. I used MD commuter buses and they were all FULL but that is another region. Now I just need to know more about CT

Well, let me start by saying some of your comments are borderline offensive, especially mentioning Mexicans and someone might think the bus is going to Mexico. Just say you have a lot of passengers on the bus. It shouldn't matter if the passengers are black white hispanic asian caucasian european or any decent. I'm not Mexican, yet I know if someone that was of that decent saw that, they would be rather insulted and share some choice words in English and Spanish. So, I'm suggesting you becareful with your words.

Second off, Ya rubbing some people off the wrong way. I'm telling you dude, listen to what we know and what we have done before. We like information. Hell, I shared many stories and I've been called out on a few, yet I kept it respectful. If I'm wrong or if something isn't right when I'm sharing it to someone that is my senior to this business, I'll either agree with them or I'll have a respectful debate with that person(s) where it won't matter who's right or wrong, yet we share ideas about topics. And a lot of people know I love debating. Ask B35, 553, and anyone else. I have a opinion, I'll share it, yet I'll ask respectfully. Now, I apologized before by accusing you of being a NJT Spy. Now, I'm asking you to give US the benefit of the doubt.

Day in and day out, we're out there, in rain, snow, tornados, hurricanes, disasters, and nice weather, doing a good deed for others while getting a paycheck. The hours suck at times, the pay does at times, the danger is always there. I had people that I know that were spat, insulted, and even assaulted driving these buses. I got a good friend that told me last year a driver on the go28 was severely injured in a incident all because he asked two passengers where they're going so he can ring up the correct fare. We have this much pressure and stress on our minds. Yet, we can give accurate information about things that we know because we have been there. Hell, when i was working, when i was on break at PABT, a passenger asked me where is this and where is that. I don't tell them to go to Information because i've been there. I pride in knowing where. I made a sheet of every bus leaving the PABT that is NJT bound, telling me what gate and what time it operates. Why? To benefit my knowledge. This are some of the things we did to make our lives easier. It's not all just about a job where some dude or some girl sit on their ass turn a engine on and go driving. People pray before they even move a bus. I do that too. I dont wanna hurt no one or myself.

What I'm saying is, again, if you have a opinion, we love to hear it, but in the same time, please don't question us about things after we gave you a clear defined answer. To some people, it makes them sound like we don't know what we're talking about.

That was my comment Sirjoka. I have nothing against Mexicans. As I am someone who dated 2 Mexican females. It wasnt to offend anyone. Its just how it is on the 410. The drivers who pick the 410 are told they have to understand atleast numbers/money and the basic sayings in spanish.

Anyways the 408 is underserved imo. The service is way too spotty and buses are always late. Its a long route. Buses usually bunch up and cause big gaps.

The 315 imo they need to find a way to use that route better. Most people take the 313 because its express between camden & pitman.

The 559 is packed between Toms River and Lakewood at times, generally going to TR in the AM and back to Lakewood in the PM. Using a 45 foot bus could help with that though.

I have suggested the 559 end at Toms River and the new route would run north of there to Lakewood. I still feel 30 minute headways are needed at RUSH HOURS between Lakewood and TR.

Those buses are quite crowded, I've been on the 559 going north from TR in the afternoon to know.

Which reminds me NABI's may be better for a Toms River - Lakewood via Rt.9 service.

Well, let me start by saying some of your comments are borderline offensive, especially mentioning Mexicans and someone might think the bus is going to Mexico. Just say you have a lot of passengers on the bus. It shouldn't matter if the passengers are black white hispanic asian caucasian european or any decent. I'm not Mexican, yet I know if someone that was of that decent saw that, they would be rather insulted and share some choice words in English and Spanish. So, I'm suggesting you becareful with your words.

Second off, Ya rubbing some people off the wrong way. I'm telling you dude, listen to what we know and what we have done before. We like information. Hell, I shared many stories and I've been called out on a few, yet I kept it respectful. If I'm wrong or if something isn't right when I'm sharing it to someone that is my senior to this business, I'll either agree with them or I'll have a respectful debate with that person(s) where it won't matter who's right or wrong, yet we share ideas about topics. And a lot of people know I love debating. Ask B35, 553, and anyone else. I have a opinion, I'll share it, yet I'll ask respectfully. Now, I apologized before by accusing you of being a NJT Spy. Now, I'm asking you to give US the benefit of the doubt.

Day in and day out, we're out there, in rain, snow, tornados, hurricanes, disasters, and nice weather, doing a good deed for others while getting a paycheck. The hours suck at times, the pay does at times, the danger is always there. I had people that I know that were spat, insulted, and even assaulted driving these buses. I got a good friend that told me last year a driver on the go28 was severely injured in a incident all because he asked two passengers where they're going so he can ring up the correct fare. We have this much pressure and stress on our minds. Yet, we can give accurate information about things that we know because we have been there. Hell, when i was working, when i was on break at PABT, a passenger asked me where is this and where is that. I don't tell them to go to Information because i've been there. I pride in knowing where. I made a sheet of every bus leaving the PABT that is NJT bound, telling me what gate and what time it operates. Why? To benefit my knowledge. This are some of the things we did to make our lives easier. It's not all just about a job where some dude or some girl sit on their ass turn a engine on and go driving. People pray before they even move a bus. I do that too. I dont wanna hurt no one or myself.

What I'm saying is, again, if you have a opinion, we love to hear it, but in the same time, please don't question us about things after we gave you a clear defined answer. To some people, it makes them sound like we don't know what we're talking about.

ehh I never said anything about mexico dude??? Now ur just confusing me even more.:confused::confused: What does this have to do with my curiosity about the rtes HUH???? what are you saying here rubbing peeps the wrong way this is way off base

That was my comment Sirjoka. I have nothing against Mexicans. As I am someone who dated 2 Mexican females. It wasnt to offend anyone. Its just how it is on the 410. The drivers who pick the 410 are told they have to understand atleast numbers/money and the basic sayings in spanish.

Anyways the 408 is underserved imo. The service is way too spotty and buses are always late. Its a long route. Buses usually bunch up and cause big gaps.

The 315 imo they need to find a way to use that route better. Most people take the 313 because its express between camden & pitman.

How can they use the 315 better??? What is wrong with the 315 in addition to it being embarassingly infrequent.

why is 408 always late???? what can be done to streamline or make em faster should all 408 trips run express to woodbury then???? To make the line more on time???

The 559 is packed between Toms River and Lakewood at times, generally going to TR in the AM and back to Lakewood in the PM. Using a 45 foot bus could help with that though.

I have suggested the 559 end at Toms River and the new route would run north of there to Lakewood. I still feel 30 minute headways are needed at RUSH HOURS between Lakewood and TR.

Those buses are quite crowded, I've been on the 559 going north from TR in the afternoon to know.

just rush hours ok that makes a wee bit more sense but if its just rush hour then simply extend the 132 or 130 trips to toms river their frequencies are great enough and in addition they only run at rush hr when needed. NABIs WILL NOT WORK IN OCEAN. NEITHER WILL 100% INTRA COUNTY LOCAL RTES just look at oceanride the travel patterns of peeps in ocean are usually inter county or long distance trips via GSP the oceanride rtes would have been more usefull if they hit the GSP more than ONCE A MONTH!!!!!!!! I gave up on them. When you look their rtes are missing something such as a regional GSP line but then again I could be way off let the experts say it. And no I am not talking about a new rte.

ay yo 553...

It's like talkin to a brick wall, aint it....

huh??? I think I will stay out of the war between pinepower vs B35 you 2 need to work things out a bit.

I wont take any sides just get me the popcorn:eek:

ehh I never said anything about mexico dude??? Now ur just confusing me even more.:confused::confused: What does this have to do with my curiosity about the rtes HUH???? what are you saying here rubbing peeps the wrong way this is way off base

Yeah that was someone else. My bad.

Archived