Which lines interline with 319 and 551 or 552??

Maybe This for a Toms River - Lakewood via Route 9 Service?

Have the same 137 local route going to Lakewood/Toms River via Route 649. Either that or maybe a route via Route 9 could be made.

Call it the 339 Route.

ya mean 549 right??? or we can simply add more 67 trips or 139 extension. NABI in ocean county=NO The outlay is too regional but then again 339 would be better off as a limited stop version of 139 that goes to toms river.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 401 actually could run more trips to Woodbury. 408 doesnt run in Woodbury it branches off from the 401 402 410 412 in Westville @ Broadway and Delsea Dr. The 408 is always late because it does get very crowded during peak hours. And people cram it in camden because its an express allday to Gloucester City. They need to add more 408 express trips via route 55. There is a couple trips now that does that and it really helps it.

And these trains these people talking about to Salem is insane. They lucky a 401 402 even runs down there. If NJT could get rid of those Salem and Pennsville trips they would do so faster then you blink.

ya mean 549 right??? or we can simply add more 67 trips or 139 extension. NABI in ocean county=NO The outlay is too regional but then again 339 would be better off as a limited stop version of 139 that goes to toms river.

Thank you, Route 549.

Nah, I think this way works. I call it the 339, thought I think a 139 extension to Toms River would only work if there was a demand for it. I mean, whenever I did the 319, there was a extensive line going to Toms River and very few to AC. It's due to that they also wait for the 137X. So, if there should be a LOCAL route between Lakewood Terminal to Toms River Terminal, maybe there should be a route called the 339 via Route 9 and the 337 via Route 549. Have each route run every hour at the start, yet like this:

Every :00 - Have a 337: Highland Parkway, Right on Water, Left on Hooper, passing Ocean County Mall, Ocean County College, through Brick, Pass Brick Plaza Brick Link, straight on Brick Blvd, Right on Route 70, Left on Route 88, Left on Lexington Ave, Right on 1st Street, and enter Lakewood Terminal

The Following Hour - Have a 339: leaving from Highland Parkway, Left on Route 166 (N Main Street), turns into Route 9 (Lakewood Road), until 6th street in Lakewood where the operator follows the regular Entry/Exit for the Lakewood Terminal

Again, just a crazy idea.

And these trains these people talking about to Salem is insane. They lucky a 401 402 even runs down there. If NJT could get rid of those Salem and Pennsville trips they would do so faster then you blink.

I wouldn't take any of that seriously... Let the hardcore railfan boys continue their pipe dreams & have them wallow in their own foolishness... Have it their way, and they'd prop up trackage all over north freakin america.... Their ultimate goal is to eradicate buses, and replace everything with trains....

I wouldn't take any of that seriously... Let the hardcore railfan boys continue their pipe dreams & have them wallow in their own foolishness... Have it their way, and they'd prop up trackage all over north freakin america.... Their ultimate goal is to eradicate buses, and replace everything with trains....

WOW spoken like a genius I was waiting for one to agree with me on that. I wasnt the only one who thought they were foolish. One was dumb enough to think the MOM would kill ridership on central NJ buses newsflash: NO buses duplicate the MOM ROWs none will do what MOM does so what buses will lose??? err none. Most of these railfanners KNOW NOTHING about the bus rtes at all!!! I guess I shouldnt take em so serious

Thank you, Route 549.

Nah, I think this way works. I call it the 339, thought I think a 139 extension to Toms River would only work if there was a demand for it. I mean, whenever I did the 319, there was a extensive line going to Toms River and very few to AC. It's due to that they also wait for the 137X. So, if there should be a LOCAL route between Lakewood Terminal to Toms River Terminal, maybe there should be a route called the 339 via Route 9 and the 337 via Route 549. Have each route run every hour at the start, yet like this:

Every :00 - Have a 337: Highland Parkway, Right on Water, Left on Hooper, passing Ocean County Mall, Ocean County College, through Brick, Pass Brick Plaza Brick Link, straight on Brick Blvd, Right on Route 70, Left on Route 88, Left on Lexington Ave, Right on 1st Street, and enter Lakewood Terminal

The Following Hour - Have a 339: leaving from Highland Parkway, Left on Route 166 (N Main Street), turns into Route 9 (Lakewood Road), until 6th street in Lakewood where the operator follows the regular Entry/Exit for the Lakewood Terminal

Again, just a crazy idea.

rte 549 service improvement can be done by simply doubling service levels on the 67

yeah but it would be cheaper to just extend 139 a few mins to toms river or simply add 67 trips and call it 337. No need for local rtes in ocean the regional ones are local in ocean. 139 has high ridership extending it uses its profitability to subsidise the new rte if ridership is high enough then 139 will only become more profitable.:cool:

The 401 actually could run more trips to Woodbury. 408 doesnt run in Woodbury it branches off from the 401 402 410 412 in Westville @ Broadway and Delsea Dr. The 408 is always late because it does get very crowded during peak hours. And people cram it in camden because its an express allday to Gloucester City. They need to add more 408 express trips via route 55. There is a couple trips now that does that and it really helps it.

408 via rte 55 doesnt the 313 do just that??? how frequent should 401 be?? its bihourly should it be hourly.

WOW spoken like a genius I was waiting for one to agree with me on that. I wasnt the only one who thought they were foolish. One was dumb enough to think the MOM would kill ridership on central NJ buses newsflash: NO buses duplicate the MOM ROWs none will do what MOM does so what buses will lose??? err none. Most of these railfanners KNOW NOTHING about the bus rtes at all!!! I guess I shouldnt take em so serious

Finally in 100% agreement with ya....

your average railfanner could give a damn about buses... that's why they concoct all these plans to make buses the obsolete mode of travel....

your average busfanner has some concern/interest in trains.... and knows more about trains than railfanners know about buses..... I don't know of any busfanner that comes up w/ plans to rid itself of trains, or attempt to make them obsolete (which is equally as stupid as wanting to get rid of buses)...

It's never about making trains & buses work TOGETHER in this community... it's heavily railfan dominated....

Finally in 100% agreement with ya....

your average railfanner could give a damn about buses... that's why they concoct all these plans to make buses the obsolete mode of travel....

your average busfanner has some concern/interest in trains.... and knows more about trains than railfanners know about buses..... I don't know of any busfanner that comes up w/ plans to rid itself of trains, or attempt to make them obsolete (which is equally as stupid as wanting to get rid of buses)...

It's never about making trains & buses work TOGETHER in this community... it's heavily railfan dominated....

In reality my plans force buses to work together with trains to create a complete network. That is what fuels most of my plans convergence and making rtes bus and rail work together to enhance ridership on both modes of travel. That is my true intention and vision in NJ. The same for MD however fuels rail demand by enhancing regional bus rtes along with merging city buses(NOT baltimore ones) with the regionals as long as it doesnt create mid route diversions. All my plans actually eliminate diversions completely from rtes by transfering those diversions to other rtes. My MD plan if implemented correctly will obliterate most of DC's traffic problems. Cause it complements all the new BRT and light rail lines being unleashed in MD.

My CT plan makes transit practical for the mainstream public by creating regional rtes by extensions via highways with a few waterbury rtes and a new haven one. Also sacrificing local rtes that do nothing for a certain area and combine with regional ones while powering up the frequency of the regional rte to offset the local rte's elimination. Most CT ppl travel a distance adding new rtes will prove costly but bending existing rtes to facilitate different travel markets at once by complete restructuring will actually create new rtes without the risk of new rtes by using rtes at each end of the highway as the buses to facilitate the lines. Worst case senario is the ridership = combined ridership of all the rtes merged into the new one. But total ridership will always be higher.

I eliminate railfan ideas completely by forcing buses to work with the rail to prevent duplication and keep ridership high on bus rtes thus eliminating possibility of elimination.

The 408 does that only during the AM & PM rush. Its 2trips that does it iirc.

The 401 to Woodbury would every hour.

woodbury from salem or from camden??? If from salem then it could kill 468 as the 401 will steal ridership allowing NJT to kill the rte. fine looks like I have the data needed to complete the southern portion of my plan. Now I need NW and central NJ travel data and I could make corrections.

The CT plans I have create a unified network that allows mainstream users to use it. Also the zone based fare structure supports all my plans hence why I was unable to create a good NYC plan so far. It favored my NJ and MD plans

Sorry to go off topic but:

I'll tell you right now.....there is NO way CTTransit is taking ANY routes and buses away from the private companies. There is a reason why CTTransit won't even think about going there. They are not gonna have 15+ garages spread throughout the state, plus bring those employees up to "CTTransit" pay and benefits. And quite frankly if CTTransit were to take over companies like SEAT or NBT, service might actually get worse. The CTTransit system is good the way it is.....CTTransit "Mainline" handling the 3 major cities in the state and the Private companies running CTTransit branded equipment everywhere else.

Sorry but I had to stop that one dead it it's track! Back to your NJT thread

Sorry to go off topic but:

I'll tell you right now.....there is NO way CTTransit is taking ANY routes and buses away from the private companies. There is a reason why CTTransit won't even think about going there. They are not gonna have 15+ garages spread throughout the state, plus bring those employees up to "CTTransit" pay and benefits. And quite frankly if CTTransit were to take over companies like SEAT or NBT, service might actually get worse. The CTTransit system is good the way it is.....CTTransit "Mainline" handling the 3 major cities in the state and the Private companies running CTTransit branded equipment everywhere else.

Sorry but I had to stop that one dead it it's track! Back to your NJT thread

No need my plan doesnt need that at all. My plan doesnt require a take over at all I meant route merging. Where the private companies that run express rtes will now work together and SEAT will not become cttransit but rather a contracted provider similar to its current aggreement the only difference is the rtes. CTtransit branded equipment can be exchanged between regions with regional rtes these are NOT part of the mainline and my CT plan doesnt include any takeover but rather division consolidation. The privates work together for an integrated network. The privates will not get takenover but will work together instead. Hope that clarifies that issue

No need my plan doesnt need that at all. My plan doesnt require a take over at all I meant route merging. Where the private companies that run express rtes will now work together and SEAT will not become cttransit but rather a contracted provider similar to its current aggreement the only difference is the rtes. CTtransit branded equipment can be exchanged between regions with regional rtes these are NOT part of the mainline and my CT plan doesnt include any takeover but rather division consolidation. The privates work together for an integrated network. The privates will not get takenover but will work together instead. Hope that clarifies that issue

If your trying to link up the commuter bus system, that won't work. Pretty much all the commuter runs end in Hartford. The private companies have a certain geographical area they cover depending on where their main garage is. Example: Kelly Transit does the Torrington/Winsted commuter because their garage is in Torrington and it makes no sense for someone like Post Road to take on that run because they are on the other side of the state.

The system works fine as it....there does need to some interconnectivity but if the ridership isn't there, then they aren't gonna create a route. If you know how to plan you can get from Hartford to Stamford on $1.25.....you just really have to know the schedules!

BTW, Bus swapping in the CTTransit system is very limited, especially with the contract operators. All these companies have different standards of maintenance and nobody is looking to take on somebody else's problem children. Example:None of New Britain's RTSs made though their service life while Waterbury's did. Maintenance was a big part of that! Actually the only NBT RTS to make it to the end was A135 which was originally a Waterbury/NET bus, which we got as a replacement for the wrecked B136. A135 was in top notch condition when we got it...and most NBT drivers will tell you that that's the one we figured would make it to the end!

If your trying to link up the commuter bus system, that won't work. Pretty much all the commuter runs end in Hartford. The private companies have a certain geographical area they cover depending on where their main garage is. Example: Kelly Transit does the Torrington/Winsted commuter because their garage is in Torrington and it makes no sense for someone like Post Road to take on that run because they are on the other side of the state.

The system works fine as it....there does need to some interconnectivity but if the ridership isn't there, then they aren't gonna create a route. If you know how to plan you can get from Hartford to Stamford on $1.25.....you just really have to know the schedules!

BTW, Bus swapping in the CTTransit system is very limited, especially with the contract operators. All these companies have different standards of maintenance and nobody is looking to take on somebody else's problem children. Example:None of New Britain's RTSs made though their service life while Waterbury's did. Maintenance was a big part of that! Actually the only NBT RTS to make it to the end was A135 which was originally a Waterbury/NET bus, which we got as a replacement for the wrecked B136. A135 was in top notch condition when we got it...and most NBT drivers will tell you that that's the one we figured would make it to the end!

My plan doesnt send buses that far now ur taking it to the extreme. My plan only uses lines that are compatible. Kelley local rtes are absorbed partly into the 27 line. The similar things but it only takes rtes that share a region. Only one rte in the plan will literally switch parts and exchange. Thats it. Bus swapping is kept to a minimum.

busiest segments on the 188 line and 709 lines plz. Also the 195 as well

195 - cedar grove & clifton...

the 188 is one of those, what I like to call "secondary option" routes... standalone ridership isn't all that great b/c you got the 158 snatching up most the riders along river rd (b/c it's more frequent)... and w/e riders it gets in Ft. Lee, is only so, if it's the first GWB bound bus that arrives....

don't know about the 709; never been on it

My plan doesnt send buses that far now ur taking it to the extreme. My plan only uses lines that are compatible. Kelley local rtes are absorbed partly into the 27 line. The similar things but it only takes rtes that share a region. Only one rte in the plan will literally switch parts and exchange. Thats it. Bus swapping is kept to a minimum.

He's not taking it to the extreme. He's being up front about it. This aint ECW lol.

How? I know it's possible to do that by using only transit buses, but it involves going via Old Saybrook and Middletown. I assume each transfer costs extra, so I don't think it'll be $1.25.

41-Coastal Link-O-S-Shoreline Shuttle-Middletown Express-55 (or the other way)

How? I know it's possible to do that by using only transit buses, but it involves going via Old Saybrook and Middletown. I assume each transfer costs extra, so I don't think it'll be $1.25.

41-Coastal Link-O-S-Shoreline Shuttle-Middletown Express-55 (or the other way)

transfers wont even be nessesary??? The zone based systems are all perfect for my ideas I will keep it tight lipped and only release fragments then solicit opinions on each part now back to NJ folks. I will reveal CT and MD later on in another thread.

the 188 is one of those, what I like to call "secondary option" routes... standalone ridership isn't all that great b/c you got the 158 snatching up most the riders along river rd (b/c it's more frequent)... and w/e riders it gets in Ft. Lee, is only so, if it's the first GWB bound bus that arrives....

interesting now I have an idea what is wrong with that rte. Ok what about the 508???

All the times I've drove the 188, there was a lot of people in West New York starting at the first stop on 61st Street and Kennedy, to the stops on 60th Street between Bergenline Ave and Park Ave. Majority of them are people who are working at the shops on River Road and the Palisades Medical Center.

interesting now I have an idea what is wrong with that rte. Ok what about the 508???

Come down and ride the 508. I dont even remember the route and if they put me on it 2m I would be a lost soul lol. But when I learned it; it had a decent amount of ppl on it from what I remember. Im strickly full service routes.

Archived