Which lines interline with 319 and 551 or 552??

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
B35 is right. Nunguessers is really busy. I haven't been to it either, but from what I see on the NJ Transit website, Quite a few lines stop there. I can only imagine what that place must look like at rush hour. A 2 year-old with s**t in their pants wouldn't say tht Nunguessers isn't busy.

Gobus for the 13. Ain't gonna happen. Newark already had 2 Gobus lines they don't need another one. They just need to make a 13X instead if its too busy, along with the 85 and 320(unless there already is a 320X)

First off, your signature picture is very cool. It looks like a NABI Articulated, but on the 125 dude? LOL At least the 128! It's could use some Artic love, IMO.

There are two versions of the 320X.

Version 1: On the schedules, there are X's marked on the schedules. That means the bus bypasses the North Bergen Park and Ride and heads to either NY or Secaucus. It will have a destination sign like this:

320X NEW YORK EXPRESS

or

320X HARMON MEADOW VIA

320X MILL CREEK

Version 2: There is, on PM Rush Hours only, 320 buses that JUST serve the North Bergen P/R ONLY. Destination Sign:

320: NORTH BERGEN

320: PARK AND RIDE

After dropping passengers off the P/R, the driver is either back in the garage or deadheading to another location, depending on what the paddle says.

As for a 85X, the problem with that is, the amount of people that get on and off on Summit Avenue between Union City/30th Street and Jersey City/Congress Street. There is another factor that people seem to forget. The bus stop on Bergenline between 32nd and 31st Street (Bank Of America) has a massive amount of people waiting for either the 83 or the 85 to take them to Summit Ave. And when that happens, there are a lot of people wanting to get off and on the nearly 25-28 bus stops between 30th and Summit and Graham and Summit (The last stop before Congress going to Hoboken. You could deduct about 5 stops in Jersey City on Summit since the 85 would be on Central, to P.Plank Road, to Summit going to Union City). I honestly thought that when the 83 started working Sundays, the crowd control on the 85 would be completely reduced with now two different Summit Ave buses running. I don't know if it has happened since I moved but I would think they would. My point I'm trying to make is the 85 is too action packed with stops with people getting off different places that an 85X wouldn't work on Summit.

Does the 319 interline with the 559? Because I had 7186 on the 559 the other day going from Lakewood to Toms River in the afternoon.

I don't quite know what you mean by Interline. If you mean the 319 has a transfer or a connection with the 559, yep. Only at two places: Toms River P/R and the Atlantic City Bus Terminal

I don't quite know what you mean by Interline. If you mean the 319 has a transfer or a connection with the 559, yep. Only at two places: Toms River P/R and the Atlantic City Bus Terminal

Well the 717s and 718s are usually on the 319. The 559 usually has 40' MCIs.

he's asking, if at the end of a 559 run, do they turn into 319's.....

b/c 559's sure as hell don't turn into 319's at toms river....

If you ask me, pinepower must've gotten lucky w/ that particular bus on the 559.....

If you ask me, pinepower must've gotten lucky w/ that particular bus on the 559.....

Ah ok, I got you. Thanks.

Uh, yeah, the pull out person must of been in a good mood to give a bathroom bus out on the 559. But, no. There's no way that a 319 turns to a 559 at Toms River or Philadelphia. I can only think of one situation where a 319 turned into a 551 because of some type of problem or whatnot, and the driver got some OT for it.......because it happened to me ONCE. And I'll never do it again. Ever. First summer at NJT, it was the 319 5:15 trip out of the City to AC, then DHD back to the garage. The second I got to AC, a regional was there and I thought, oh shit what did I do. Turns out the bus that was supposed to come broke down and they needed a 551. So, the regional got on my bus and sat the entire time and told me where to go while I took a round trip to and from Philly. I became the already late 740 trip out of AC to Philly, got to Philly at 9:25-ish, then became the 920 trip that was late to AC and got there at about 11ish, and I did the starter a favor since there were some ppl waiting for a bus to Toms River and the next bus was at Midnight so I took them to Toms River and DHD to the garage. The piece I did ORIGINALLY was supposed to be a tripper, yet I got paid about 9 1/2 hours. I didn't mind but again, I'll never do it since it was at a last second thing. I expected to get to AC, get to McD's for a Double 1/4 w Cheese and Fries, take a wiz, and DHD back to the garage as part as my normal trip but not in this case. I'll say this, the regional did pay for my dinner that night so it wasn't that bad. Free dinner (save me 8 bucks since I usually get the large combo lol) and a 5:45 tripper turned into a 9 hour piece. Sweet.

But to your point, NORMALLY, the 319 is not interlined into a 559 in Toms River. AC, I doubt it since Egg Harbor does the 319 and the 559. I doubt 319 has a piece that does a round trip on the 319 starting from AC to NY, then NY to AC, then once in AC, the driver does a 559. It's just a case of the driver getting REALLY lucky getting a Bathroom 45' bus.

Does the 319 interline with the 559? Because I had 7186 on the 559 the other day going from Lakewood to Toms River in the afternoon.

Doesnt interline. You just got lucky. They usually only limit the 7100s to the 552 & 553. Come june 25 im going to have to give up 7187 for a CT since 7187 is needed for the 319.

@SirJoka. That reminds me of last week when I was doing my normal 313 trip. When I get to philly I usually walk to the Gallery and get something to eat cause I have a ton of time to get back to the garage. So this day I saw a few NJT cars parked in the Greyhound Bus Terminal and almost instantly I new they wanted me lol it was just a gut feeling. So as I pull in I let the people off and one of them comes on and says I need to do a 410. Im my mind im like wtf no lunch for me. So the other guy comes on and sets the code for the "410 Brooklawn-Exp" and time to go. Lol those express riders were happy as hell to see a bathroom bus on the 410. A nice long 45footer. One lady said this bus is different its usually 98% packed.

I had to do a round trip on that and after that I DHD back to Egg Harbor. Got paid 10hrs that day. And then a few months ago I had to do a 403 with a 45footer! A nabi only route!

Doesnt interline. You just got lucky. They usually only limit the 7100s to the 552 & 553. Come june 25 im going to have to give up 7187 for a CT since 7187 is needed for the 319.

@SirJoka. That reminds me of last week when I was doing my normal 313 trip. When I get to philly I usually walk to the Gallery and get something to eat cause I have a ton of time to get back to the garage. So this day I saw a few NJT cars parked in the Greyhound Bus Terminal and almost instantly I new they wanted me lol it was just a gut feeling. So as I pull in I let the people off and one of them comes on and says I need to do a 410. Im my mind im like wtf no lunch for me. So the other guy comes on and sets the code for the "410 Brooklawn-Exp" and time to go. Lol those express riders were happy as hell to see a bathroom bus on the 410. A nice long 45footer. One lady said this bus is different its usually 98% packed.

I had to do a round trip on that and after that I DHD back to Egg Harbor. Got paid 10hrs that day. And then a few months ago I had to do a 403 with a 45footer! A nabi only route!

Interesting??? Looks like NJT has buses to spare I presume??? speeding up 313/315 will have interesting consequences. How many 552's DH to egg harbor from cape may????

What is it with you and not like deadheads? I'm seriously thinking you're trying to hurt NJT instead of helping it. Why does every trip have to be a service trip? There are reasons why DHD trips are there. It helps to speed up the amount of people leaving from one crowded area. Let me tell you something. I'll give you the best example in the WORLD.

So you want to eliminate Deadheads and have service trips. Tell that to the 128 people. AM/PM Rush: So you want a 6:34 am trip to NY to go revenue back to North Bergen on weekdays. UN-NECESSARY! There won't be people that need those services. There's 165/166/168 for that. PM Rush, the same thing. Why have 128's leaving NY in the PM rush pick up passengers going back TO NY with people when there are more people that is needed in NY? Dude, Deadheads are a great help, or there would be more issue as they are. I notice you hate Deadheads. If you was a driver and know how the people and road-conditions are, you would love them.

What is it with you and not like deadheads? I'm seriously thinking you're trying to hurt NJT instead of helping it. Why does every trip have to be a service trip? There are reasons why DHD trips are there. It helps to speed up the amount of people leaving from one crowded area. Let me tell you something. I'll give you the best example in the WORLD.

So you want to eliminate Deadheads and have service trips. Tell that to the 128 people. AM/PM Rush: So you want a 6:34 am trip to NY to go revenue back to North Bergen on weekdays. UN-NECESSARY! There won't be people that need those services. There's 165/166/168 for that. PM Rush, the same thing. Why have 128's leaving NY in the PM rush pick up passengers going back TO NY with people when there are more people that is needed in NY? Dude, Deadheads are a great help, or there would be more issue as they are. I notice you hate Deadheads. If you was a driver and know how the people and road-conditions are, you would love them.

that isn't what I am aiming at I only asked out of curiosity. I am aware slow rtes like 128 MUST have DHs this is a south jersey question not north jersey. North jersey and South jersey are completely different in terms of DH with 553 being an exception. I was referring to cape may rtes DHs like 552,313 and 315

I guess maybe the regular bus broke down in AC and they decided to put in a 717x..

I guess maybe the regular bus broke down in AC and they decided to put in a 717x..

A bus didnt break down. I saw that bus pull out the garage. Whatever is available will go out. Its not a big deal. However, 7507 is OOS from that accident.

That bus likely did a 553. I didnt catch the run number so idk if it was a 553/559 tripper.

OK so what can be done to address the service gaps in southern burlington county along rte 70 corridor beyond medford to toms river??? I know that the service isn't warrented to be super frequent but what service level should be granted??? bi hourly or hourly how would you address service gaps in burlington??? Which places need service and why??? I am aware of how rural burlington is.

Hence why when I recommended a salem line since I knew how rural it was I suggested service every 90 mins rather than 30 yes I visit most of these areas myself so I know a bit about the layout. My plans have no one specific target market they target multiple markets at once so they seem insane however when you take other connecting routes into account and even the train what seems impossible becomes possible. That was how I ended up with a police officer asking me to submit an alternate proposal while at newark in 2010 that would have almost completely offset the service cuts however there were too many variables and my plan was incomplete with outragous parts. I did get ridership info sent to my e-mail from NJT ppl. I did NOT submit my complete plan yet. It requires manipulation of park and rides and rail stations that intersect the highway also if the time between transfers is greater than 15 mins the plan falls apart. Which was why I went after frequent routes to my initial idea. My first plans DID NOT include 419 or 409 or even 553. No 406 wasn't touched either.

My plan is a mashup of the ideas of NJ residents my own plans and data gathered from you guys.

:tdown:

He personally feels that his plans will happen in due time, when in fact, he doesn't realize that he went overboard with his unnecessary "so-called" extensions. :tdown:

dude leave I didn't mention any extensions so buzz off. I do realize I went overboard that is why I corrected my earlier plans to be more realistic noone is perfect so stop being an asshat. I know plans dont happen overnight but they happen over time and can create new travel opportunities what doesn't work in one area may work in another hence why all my plans are suburban and I back off city style as I know its not my strength. If you have NJT info share it if ur here to just insult me dont waste ur breath. I already have reduced tolerance for crap.

Oy......don't you ever sleep or do anything that doesn't involving planning? I mean dude, you're on this 24/7. Chill. Go get a beer and a brat and watch a ball game. You're tiring us busfans out bad. I mean bad.

I take breaks sorry man o and I am just about done using this forum one

Archived