What is wrong with this idea and why how can it be improved???

qjtransitmaster

they can extend q69 to manhattan instead of restoring qm22 the 22 duplicated q69 but qm22 went to manhattan so 2 rush hour trips need to extend and replace qm22. Also I made a plan that indirectly restores routes in creative ways and at the same time creating new ones.

For example The Bx55 becomes a direct route or limited direct rapid line extending over I-278 to LGA non stop then non stop via grand central to main st where it replaces Q74 or Q38 partially via LIE.

Q33 extends to lower east side via the BQE with a stop in williamsburg replacing B39 and indirectly restoring service. Since it goes to LGA and jackson heights via the highway it will attract more riders than the B39 while making B39 folk happy

There's plenty of things wrong with it. The (Q69) doesn't need to go to Manhattan. It has plenty of subway transfers at Queens Plaza. The (Bx55) needs to stay in the Bronx. However, it might get canned for expanded (Bx15) service. The (B39) and (Q74) need to be revived, not have some routes replace them.

BQE is heaviey used. I have been on (F) Express Shuttle Bus and most drivers stay on BQE and it was very heavy.

I-278 is heavey used during Yankees and Mets Game.

Slightly off-topic, lots of (M60) riders doesn't like it because of traffic on 125th St, during game days, expressways and surrendering street gets crowded.

If Q33 was extended to B39 via BQE, lots of Q33 riders wouldn't like it.

There could be no seat or airport goers at 74th St Bus Terminal or 82nd St might have to wait for next bus for empty bus.

That might cause some people to miss flight.

It could be like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFfmdnIV98&feature=channel_video_title

they can extend q69 to manhattan instead of restoring qm22 the 22 duplicated q69 but qm22 went to manhattan so 2 rush hour trips need to extend and replace qm22. Also I made a plan that indirectly restores routes in creative ways and at the same time creating new ones.

What's the purpose ? People could take the Q32 or the subway.

For example The Bx55 becomes a direct route or limited direct rapid line extending over I-278 to LGA non stop then non stop via grand central to main st where it replaces Q74 or Q38 partially via LIE.

LOL, it's just a dream... No BXQ55.

Q33 extends to lower east side via the BQE with a stop in williamsburg replacing B39 and indirectly restoring service. Since it goes to LGA and jackson heights via the highway it will attract more riders than the B39 while making B39 folk happy

No never.

Don't worry it's Just A Dream.:confused:

Q33 gets crush loaded from first stop at 74th St Bus Terminal and it always Sardine all the way near LGA Depot.

If Q33 was extended, people waiting by 74th St Bus Terminal might have to wait for next bus if it was overcrowded. It would be like N6 during rush hour.

BQE is heaviey used. I have been on (F) Express Shuttle Bus and most drivers stay on BQE and it was very heavy.

I-278 is heavey used during Yankees and Mets Game.

Slightly off-topic, lots of (M60) riders doesn't like it because of traffic on 125th St, during game days, expressways and surrendering street gets crowded.

If Q33 was extended to B39 via BQE, lots of Q33 riders wouldn't like it.

There could be no seat or airport goers at 74th St Bus Terminal or 82nd St might have to wait for next bus for empty bus.

That might cause some people to miss flight.

It could be like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFfmdnIV98&feature=channel_video_title

So ur saying that there should be a separate rte from williamsburg to LGA???? due to overcrowding as you said 74th ppl might have to wait be specific. Plus I used the S92 in 2010 and 2009 and never had those problems with the bus being that late?? So how would you address the I-278 corridor??? what about a gameday express bus of some sort running every 5 mins 3 hours before mets and yankees games via the BQE?? I would like to haer about solutions

Q33 gets crush loaded from first stop at 74th St Bus Terminal and it always Sardine all the way near LGA Depot.

If Q33 was extended, people waiting by 74th St Bus Terminal might have to wait for next bus if it was overcrowded. It would be like N6 during rush hour.

what would you suggest instead a new route entirely??? Is the demand that high for a I-278 regional bus??? they could use buses that normally DH and use those to make up if buses get overcrowded??

There's plenty of things wrong with it. The (Q69) doesn't need to go to Manhattan. It has plenty of subway transfers at Queens Plaza. The (Bx55) needs to stay in the Bronx. However, it might get canned for expanded (Bx15) service. The (B39) and (Q74) need to be revived, not have some routes replace them.

Why will they can limited stop service for a slower local bus??? wouldnt that increase operationg costs??? plus the Q74 had several alternatives ppl could use subway one stop over and get Q44 or go for Q25 or Q34 all or which are more frequent than q74 along with the Q46.

Often at LaGuardia Airport, Q33 has bunching issue, some times I could see 3-4 Q33s, 6 M60s, one Q48, two-three Q72.

I think Q33 riders will not like it when it extended.

I taken Q33 hundred of times and lots of Q33 is unhappy with it.

You misread my real intentions the idea is to create direct intra borough express service to LGA thats easy to reach from the LIRR via E train and kew gardens and to link the bronx directly with LGA while alliviating overcrowding on the M60 due to subway users from the bronx crowding on the M60 with this plan instead of crushing the M60 beyond capacity those riders are shifted to the BX55 plus the fact that it will be non stop to LGA then Non stop to queens college to make connections. The non stop routing will keep travel time at a minimum while enableing queens residents faster access to LGA from eastern queens via connection from Q88. Rather than F train all the way to jackson heights to get the Q33 which is already above capacity. The Bx55 extension may have an indirect impact on the Q33 and M60

Often at LaGuardia Airport, Q33 has bunching issue, some times I could see 3-4 Q33s, 6 M60s, one Q48, two-three Q72.

I think Q33 riders will not like it when it extended.

I taken Q33 hundred of times and lots of Q33 is unhappy with it.

then its time for a nonstop alternative to LGA maybe Q45 extension or a new route completely that uses the BQE to LGA

- The old QM22 has nothin to do w/ the 69.... you don't extend local routes, to substitute for lost express bus service... I saw what you tryna do w/ this, right from the jump, and it's disgusting......

- The Bx55 thing I'm not addressing, since it was an "example"

- That Q33 joke, is nothin more than you tryna find some route to fill the void of the B39... The Q33 has a specific purpose, and Yuki is absolutely right... Q33's often fill up @ 74th st - what good would sending the Q33 any further south of that point, accomplish?

There's no real demand for Brooklyn - LGA bus service anyway...

According to PinePower, S92 has problem in Summer.

I saw that video before... S(uffolk)92 is very erratic, it's never on time, and when it does come, it does fill up w/ day laborers... happened to me on a couple occasions.... I don't know about the Orient point (north fork) half, but the hamptons (south fork) half, they ride b/w Hampton Bays & Riverhead (including flanders)....

...and speaking of disgusting, it's disgusting what they did to the S92 in East Hampton....

- The old QM22 has nothin to do w/ the 69.... you don't extend local routes, to substitute for lost express bus service... I saw what you tryna do w/ this, right from the jump, and it's disgusting......

- The Bx55 thing I'm not addressing, since it was an "example"

- That Q33 joke, is nothin more than you tryna find some route to fill the void of the B39... The Q33 has a specific purpose, and Yuki is absolutely right... Q33's often fill up @ 74th st - what good would sending the Q33 any further south of that point, accomplish?

There's no real demand for Brooklyn - LGA bus service anyway...

I saw that video before... S(uffolk)92 is very erratic, and when it comes, it does fill up w/ day laborers... happened to me on a couple occasions.... I don't know about the Orient point (north fork) half, but the hamptons (south fork) half, they ride b/w Hampton Bays & Riverhead (including flanders)....

...and speaking of disgusting, it's disgusting what they did to the S92 in East Hampton....

ya have a point The Q33 isnt a good rte for extension. The QM22 was surprising to me I never thought it even carried??? However the area's elderly population fueled the QM22 to levels beyond what it would carry without the elderly population as those are the only peeps that would use QM22 in the first place. If it carried heavy in its trip why was it cut???? What did they do to S92?? I havent had those problems with it when I used it in 2010. what's going on with it

what would you suggest instead a new route entirely??? Is the demand that high for a I-278 regional bus??? they could use buses that normally DH and use those to make up if buses get overcrowded??

then its time for a nonstop alternative to LGA maybe Q45 extension or a new route completely that uses the BQE to LGA

You keep trying to model NYC bus service like that of suburban/regional bus service....

Our bus routes are modeled, by the blocks they run on....

Routes in other states/regions, are modeled by what town, hamlet, etc. they serve.....

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that; What is it about these ideas of yours behind that similar mindset, not workin out for the better in this city, don't you get?

ya have a point The Q33 isnt a good rte for extension. The QM22 was surprising to me I never thought it even carried??? However the area's elderly population fueled the QM22 to levels beyond what it would carry without the elderly population as those are the only peeps that would use QM22 in the first place. If it carried heavy in its trip why was it cut????

What did they do to S92?? I havent had those problems with it when I used it in 2010. what's going on with it

- The better question is, what makes you think that same elderly population would be open to taking an (already) slow local bus route, to manhattan, as some kinda substitute....

- The S92 only serves LIRR East Hampton, before going back up 114... doesn't go through the "downtown" portion anymore.... The reason behind it happening, is why I find it disgusting.... some nonsense about the safety of school kids crossing the street, as if S92's were the only vehicles traveling along Newtown lane (which is definitely not the case).....

This guy thinks that every line that was cut was cut because it was carrying air. Some cuts were not justified. I don't understand why he doesn't see that.

actually that part I understand well I didnt agree with all the cuts at all cause they didnt carry air however some rtes spared did carry air

You keep trying to model NYC bus service like that of suburban/regional bus service....

Routes in other states/regions, are modeled by what town, hamlet, etc. they serve.....

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that; What is it about these ideas of yours behind that similar mindset, not workin out for the better in this city, don't you get?

on the contrary thats not the case I am modling bus rtes to be more direct to popular destinations and reduce travel time in a way the subway can't. Also the rtes I mod for creating more direct lines but at the same time they link with several local buses allowing one to cut to the chase and take short cuts to their destinations. The regional 278 rtes will run with frequencies that initially allow select trips on some lines to interline with the rte in a way that doesn't disrupt service patterns or rtes. It can recycle DH runs into revenue runs and create a service that will cater to a different type of user. I understand that its by the block however the weakness of that structure is that there is a lack of direct service between major transfer points in the outerboroughs that the subway doesnt provide. All I am doing is looking for a way to complete the network. The amount of jobs in the outerboroughs are increasing stedily. That is what fuels most of my ideas in the first place. The subway is excellent and efficient however there are gaps the subway doesnt fill. That a regional corrridor bus will be able to fill if given traffic immunity of course. A hybrid approach may complete the network since NYC peeps are transit dependant they dont complain about travel time on regional trips. Leaving unmet unknown needs

- The better question is, what makes you think that same elderly population would be open to taking an (already) slow local bus route, to manhattan, as some kinda substitute....

- The S92 only serves LIRR East Hampton, before going back up 114... doesn't go through the "downtown" portion anymore.... The reason behind it happening, is why I find it disgusting.... some nonsense about the safety of school kids crossing the street, as if S92's were the only vehicles traveling along Newtown lane (which is definitely not the case).....

That is why I was surprised qm22 was cut if it had high ridership for the service levels it had. It was a mistake and the S92 cut back was beyond annoying I ended up chasing it as a result that cut was made by ******** period. so the QM22 was faster interesting tidbit I would have axed QM3 instead of QM22.

so the QM22 was faster interesting tidbit I would have axed QM3 instead of QM22.

Let's get serious here....

on the contrary thats not the case I am modling bus rtes to be more direct to popular destinations and reduce travel time in a way the subway can't. Also the rtes I mod for creating more direct lines but at the same time they link with several local buses allowing one to cut to the chase and take short cuts to their destinations. The regional 278 rtes will run with frequencies that initially allow select trips on some lines to interline with the rte in a way that doesn't disrupt service patterns or rtes. It can recycle DH runs into revenue runs and create a service that will cater to a different type of user.

I understand that its by the block however the weakness of that structure is that there is a lack of direct service between major transfer points in the outerboroughs that the subway doesnt provide. All I am doing is looking for a way to complete the network. The amount of jobs in the outerboroughs are increasing stedily. That is what fuels most of my ideas in the first place.

The subway is excellent and efficient however there are gaps the subway doesnt fill. That a regional corrridor bus will be able to fill if given traffic immunity of course. A hybrid approach may complete the network since NYC peeps are transit dependant they dont complain about travel time on regional trips. Leaving unmet unknown needs

Problem with that is, you fail to realize that you have two (three, really) general types of public transportation users w/i NYC....

- the (predominant) subway/local bus user

- the (predominant) express bus user

....also, you are trying to fuse local bus/subway users, with express type service... I know what direct services are; I get you, loud, and crystal clear, QJT.... There is no "on the contrary"; what you've done here is re-word what I already suspected, and elaborated on it more, w/ the mentioning of jobs in the outerboroughs & what not.....

That sounds nice in theory, however, you're totally neglecting the egregiously high traffic this city is plagued with on our highways.... Forget about "I-bus" type services here....

To be honest, I don't think it's about bus vs subway with you....

With your ideas, you are doin a hell of a lot of experimenting with people commutes...

Problem with that is, you fail to realize that you have two (three, really) general types of public transportation users w/i NYC....

....also, you are trying to fuse local bus/subway users, with express type service... I know what direct services are; I get you, loud, and crystal clear, QJT.... There is no "on the contrary"; what you've done here is re-word what I already suspected, and elaborated on it more, w/ the mentioning of jobs in the outerboroughs & what not.....

That sounds nice in theory, however, you're totally neglecting the egregiously high traffic this city is plagued with on our highways.... Forget about "I-bus" type services here....

With your ideas, you are doin a hell of a lot of experimenting with people commutes...

actually my plans are BRT type. meaning HOV lanes private lanes are implemented to help make the service effective otherwise it wont work that I am aware of I am well aware of the traffic in the city so HOV BRT type lanes are created in my plan then the rtes are created they wont work without their own lanes. Like what happened to B83 cant be done to S53 or S79 without some form of HOV on the belt from bay ridge to coney island. Ur right on the money there about me it's not about subway vs bus with me I dont think about subway vs bus its about what the possibilities are to create innovative lines that can help reduce traffic and make our commutes faster. I think about the unique elements each mode has and how to bring out that mode's full potential. Yes it is experimenting at the 1st phase the rte is on its own but with special transfer arrangements to let as many different types of ppl use the line. The thing is it's not meant to only have express users cause its meant to link several hotspots in a rapid way that the subways and express buses cant do in their current form it wont work if only one type of user can use the line therfore it will have to merge the elements of express bus and the subway and local lines. While being a huge multipurpose line. It's intended as a pass through for those who arent bound for manhattan.

Interesting by the way there is a tie in with another plan I created there is a link and a hidden function within the plan the hint the rte's strength lies not within ridership demand on the rte itself but the different lines that feed the route for a route with compounding ridership from travellers going to other points in NYC making the car a less desireable mode of travel even when coming from NJ and not going directly to manhattan. Since the HOV lanes will be very visable and when regional connectivity is created one will know the true function of the complete transit network. Its no longer just NYC anymore or just subway or bus or express bus either. Basically it will not serve just one function but several at once.

You misread my real intentions the idea is to create direct intra borough express service to LGA thats easy to reach from the LIRR via E train and kew gardens and to link the bronx directly with LGA while alliviating overcrowding on the M60 due to subway users from the bronx crowding on the M60 with this plan instead of crushing the M60 beyond capacity those riders are shifted to the BX55 plus the fact that it will be non stop to LGA then Non stop to queens college to make connections. The non stop routing will keep travel time at a minimum while enableing queens residents faster access to LGA from eastern queens via connection from Q88. Rather than F train all the way to jackson heights to get the Q33 which is already above capacity. The Bx55 extension may have an indirect impact on the Q33 and M60

I read your posts very carefully. I didn't misread anything. These extensions are silly and will never happen. Too much money involved

Archived