What is wrong with this idea and why how can it be improved???

qjtransitmaster

I read your posts very carefully. I didn't misread anything. These extensions are silly and will never happen. Too much money involved

while you see most of my ideas are examples of such. They arent real world implementations the real implementations require other things to fall in place with me its not just NYC its how can tranc=sit in a 200 mile radius of NYC improve I am not local centric nor city centric. Apparently B35 got it however I need to be more direct with others

HOV Lane is still heavey when BQE or RFK gets heavey traffic.

Eventually the HOV can be upgraded to a full BRT separated from the other traffic over time. Its a busway that lets travel to LGA and other popular places quickly. LGA has no quick link to the LIRR. The Q33 doesnt count as its not quick.

As far as things go I wouldn't go making local buses inter-borough, we've already got a few buses that do that and they do fine.

We have airport shuttle buses as well as the few local routes that terminate at airports, I wouldn't worry too much about the M60... If Bronx users wanna go to LGA they can take the Q44 or Q50 to Flushing and catch the Q48 over there, simple as that!

As far as things go I wouldn't go making local buses inter-borough, we've already got a few buses that do that and they do fine.

We have airport shuttle buses as well as the few local routes that terminate at airports, I wouldn't worry too much about the M60... If Bronx users wanna go to LGA they can take the Q44 or Q50 to Flushing and catch the Q48 over there, simple as that!

You missed my point its about SPEED my plan is about speed and creating FAST alternatives to reach LGA those methods are not FAST you missed the mark here bigtime. Some ppl want to cut straght to the point that is what my ideas do FAST NON STOP from major transfer points like a bypass there is a reason why highways have bypasses my idea is based off of the bypass theory. Meaning bypass the stops the M60 makes.

they can extend q69 to manhattan instead of restoring qm22 the 22 duplicated q69 but qm22 went to manhattan so 2 rush hour trips need to extend and replace qm22. Also I made a plan that indirectly restores routes in creative ways and at the same time creating new ones.

For example The Bx55 becomes a direct route or limited direct rapid line extending over I-278 to LGA non stop then non stop via grand central to main st where it replaces Q74 or Q38 partially via LIE.

Q33 extends to lower east side via the BQE with a stop in williamsburg replacing B39 and indirectly restoring service. Since it goes to LGA and jackson heights via the highway it will attract more riders than the B39 while making B39 folk happy

Look folks, a repeat from the last thread! Smfh!

For what reason would you want to send the Q53 into LIC? Why? You're making the route much more longer which is unnecessary

Q33 to the Lower East Side via the Willy B? You really outdone yourself now, do you even know how LONG OF A TRIP that would be? ALMOST TWO HOURS! And at the same time, you are giving that portion of the route TOO MUCH SERVICE and this entire idea makes no sense at all.

I'm 90% sure you havent rode on these routes and for you to make these plans without prior knowledge beforehand is pretty dumb.

^adding onto this.....

You misread my real intentions the idea is to create direct intra borough express service to LGA thats easy to reach from the LIRR via E train and kew gardens and to link the bronx directly with LGA while alliviating overcrowding on the M60 due to subway users from the bronx crowding on the M60 with this plan instead of crushing the M60 beyond capacity those riders are shifted to the BX55 plus the fact that it will be non stop to LGA then Non stop to queens college to make connections. The non stop routing will keep travel time at a minimum while enableing queens residents faster access to LGA from eastern queens via connection from Q88. Rather than F train all the way to jackson heights to get the Q33 which is already above capacity. The Bx55 extension may have an indirect impact on the Q33 and M60

It took me a while to decipher that stupidly long run-on sentence.....before you post, at least type your shit out properly.....

I really don't understand what you are trying to do with this Bx55/M60 shit. Are you trying to turn local/limited routes into express routes? What the hell are you talking about here? Why the **** do you wanna send the Bx55/M60 all the way to Queens College? Trying to fill the void of the Q74? Ha, good luck because thats NEVER going to work.

Intra-borough express what the ****??? You realize that it requires a BUS to get to LaGuardia? You can't make such service like that because for one, the LIRR and the (E) is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR away from LGA.

The Bx55 has to stay in The Bronx, there is a reason why the Bx15 goes into Manhattan IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Apparently B35 via Church's words flew over your head like a plane flying out of LGA itself. What you are trying to accomplish is something that is incredibly impossible. This is not a regional service, the service is determined by a block-by-block ratio & direct access, not speed, not time. All you are doing is ******* this shit up with your fantasy crap.

It's a good thing people like you don't work for the MTA, because you'd kill our services:tdown:

- The S92 only serves LIRR East Hampton, before going back up 114... doesn't go through the "downtown" portion anymore.... The reason behind it happening, is why I find it disgusting.... some nonsense about the safety of school kids crossing the street, as if S92's were the only vehicles traveling along Newtown lane (which is definitely not the case).....

When SCT was studying a complete redesign of the system, East Hampton and another Hamptons town sent in a letter demanding that LESS service be operated through their municipalities. They were referring to 10A and 10B.

You missed my point its about SPEED my plan is about speed and creating FAST alternatives to reach LGA those methods are not FAST you missed the mark here bigtime. Some ppl want to cut straght to the point that is what my ideas do FAST NON STOP from major transfer points like a bypass there is a reason why highways have bypasses my idea is based off of the bypass theory. Meaning bypass the stops the M60 makes.

There's no need for speed here, we've got too much traffic for speed, and people who want to go to the airport are scattered all over, can't leave them hanging

There's no need for speed here, we've got too much traffic for speed, and people who want to go to the airport are scattered all over, can't leave them hanging

The name of the game is new routes not extensions my plan leaves no one hanging the trick is to make it known that transit is faster. The HOV lane that separates the bus from BQE traffic serves as a reminder to that however you ppl still couldnt decipher me completely. There is more to it than just NYC traffic for a reason. Plus the Bx bus to queens does NOT use BQE but you ppl are getting close but still (B35 church) was the closest to understanding me fully. My plan does NOT eliminate stops at all the key is bronx type bypass to LGA

What alternative?!

Look into where the traffic comes from and through NYC then you will find out read some of my non NYC posts then piece it together or ask others who figured it B35 was close however some arent. Remember I am not foolish enough to make a bus more unreliable than it is its about the structural example and no more if you see the flaw then fix it then you will get it some of caith's posts already explain why my plan can't use extensions initially

Look folks, a repeat from the last thread! Smfh!

^adding onto this.....

It took me a while to decipher that stupidly long run-on sentence.....before you post, at least type your shit out properly.....

I really don't understand what you are trying to do with this Bx55/M60 shit. Are you trying to turn local/limited routes into express routes? What the hell are you talking about here? Why the **** do you wanna send the Bx55/M60 all the way to Queens College? Trying to fill the void of the Q74? Ha, good luck because thats NEVER going to work.

Intra-borough express what the ****??? You realize that it requires a BUS to get to LaGuardia? You can't make such service like that because for one, the LIRR and the (E) is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR away from LGA.

The Bx55 has to stay in The Bronx, there is a reason why the Bx15 goes into Manhattan IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Apparently B35 via Church's words flew over your head like a plane flying out of LGA itself. What you are trying to accomplish is something that is incredibly impossible. This is not a regional service, the service is determined by a block-by-block ratio & direct access, not speed, not time. All you are doing is ******* this shit up with your fantasy crap.

It's a good thing people like you don't work for the MTA, because you'd kill our services:tdown:

you still dont get what I said I did not create elimination and The point is there is a weakness to the block by block ratio. You didnt see my fantasy crap at all nor how to make it. I am aware of B35's words however you missed a point Direct access is enhanced relook the traffic patterns flowing to and from and within NYC which trips are best via car without manhattan??? you clearly didnt get what my intentions are remember its not about one region alone there is more to it

you still dont get what I said I did not create elimination and The point is there is a weakness to the block by block ratio. You didnt see my fantasy crap at all nor how to make it. I am aware of B35's words however you missed a point Direct access is enhanced relook the traffic patterns flowing to and from and within NYC which trips are best via car without manhattan??? you clearly didnt get what my intentions are remember its not about one region alone there is more to it

I dont think anyone gets your points because its full of BULLSH*T! You still fail to realize that this is block-by-block ratio & direct access planning, not some fantasy bullshit you can create by trying to make plans based on other TAs like New Jersey Transit of CT Transit.

Think about something thats realistic, not something that is economically impossible....

I dont think anyone gets your points because its full of BULLSH*T! You still fail to realize that this is block-by-block ratio & direct access planning, not some fantasy bullshit you can create by trying to make plans based on other TAs like New Jersey Transit of CT Transit.

Think about something thats realistic, not something that is economically impossible....

Calm down man its not that serious take a chill pill thats not the full idea and there is more to it than that the ideas i make are far from bullshit I am aware this is block to block ratio however that same ratio is what makes the direct lines make sense in the first place think feeder you are supposed to be a moderator yet you get angry way too easilly its childish chill out man. O my planning is a mixture of direct access and decreasing travel time

By the way a BRT through 278 corridor in phases is realistic so calm down it has many benefits and secondary functions it can be used by just about any type of traveller. You do realize block by block means feeder right?? And no these plans arent based off of NJT of CTtransit at all imagine someone who works in outer boroughs who lives out in NJ or upstate how can we bring those peeps closer to their worksites if they work in BK but come from out of state name of the game cut through method none of my plans distrupt bus service calm down U act as if I plan on killing rtes performance without a backup plan

lol @ the way my name was being slung around in that last page.....

anyway, few things...

The name of the game is new routes not extensions my plan leaves no one hanging the trick is to make it known that transit is faster. The HOV lane that separates the bus from BQE traffic serves as a reminder to that however you ppl still couldnt decipher me completely. There is more to it than just NYC traffic for a reason. Plus the Bx bus to queens does NOT use BQE but you ppl are getting close but still (B35 church) was the closest to understanding me fully. My plan does NOT eliminate stops at all the key is bronx type bypass to LGA

The name of the game is new routes?

With who's money.... The taxpayer?

...and with the routes you think up, nonetheless

Look into where the traffic comes from and through NYC then you will find out read some of my non NYC posts then piece it together or ask others who figured it B35 was close however some arent.

Remember I am not foolish enough to make a bus more unreliable than it is its about the structural example and no more if you see the flaw then fix it then you will get it some of caith's posts already explain why my plan can't use extensions initially

The traffic comin from NJ, happens for a slew of reasons... You can only put but so many buses through PABT.... the lack of trackage to facilitate for current, let alone increasing service on NJT trains... the lack of NJT buses serving lower manhattan (I'm not counting those academy routes that serve central jersey; those pax don't account for the masses of ppl that drive through the holland tunnel)....

The traffic comin in from Nassau & Suffolk are of those that are fed up w/ either (or both) [the lack of service; the ongoing (increasing) problems] or [the fares, itself].....

If you don't address any of that, then all your "structural examples" you're running off at the mouth about, means absolutely nothing.

and that's just vehicular traffic from NON NYC residents !!!!!

By the way a BRT through 278 corridor in phases is realistic so calm down it has many benefits and secondary functions it can be used by just about any type of traveller. You do realize block by block means feeder right?? And no these plans arent based off of NJT of CTtransit at all imagine someone who works in outer boroughs who lives out in NJ or upstate how can we bring those peeps closer to their worksites if they work in BK but come from out of state name of the game cut through method none of my plans distrupt bus service calm down U act as if I plan on killing rtes performance without a backup plan

lol... block by block means feeder...

Going by that grand theory, all (less the M35) of our local routes are feeder routes.... Do you read what you type.... Better yet, do you really believe that??? There are no NYC feeder routes in manhattan, yet they run block by block.... Why, b/c they are part of a GRID system.

Look chief, a feeder bus has nothin to do w/ *blocks* it runs on....

In its simplest & defined form, a feeder bus runs from some other origin on one end, and a major terminal at the other....

The B42 & B74 are feeder routes... The Q4/5/84/85 @ Jamaica Center are feeder routes...

Routes in a hub & spoke type system can be comprised of feeder routes, but are not necessarily ALL feeder routes (see Jamaica, Flushing, Downtown Brooklyn)

You're not gonna get the masses to take Airport (direct) feeder local routes in NYC.... direct express buses are even worse

(majority of people that take those NYAS (new york airport service) buses, are either tourists, or other out-of-state folk.... NYAS don't even carry like that, and it runs out of PABT)....

Regardless if it runs on local roads, or some highway.... What good would a local direct airport feeder do, coming from some random location WITHIN NYC ????

lol @ the way my name was being slung around in that last page.....

anyway, few things...

The name of the game is new routes?

With who's money.... The taxpayer?

...and with the routes you think up, nonetheless

The traffic comin from NJ, happens for a slew of reasons... You can only put but so many buses through PABT.... the lack of trackage to facilitate for current, let alone increasing service on NJT trains... the lack of NJT buses serving lower manhattan (I'm not counting those academy routes that serve central jersey; those pax don't account for the masses of ppl that drive through the holland tunnel)....

The traffic comin in from Nassau & Suffolk are of those that are fed up w/ either (or both) [the lack of service; the ongoing (increasing) problems] or [the fares, itself].....

If you don't address any of that, then all your "structural examples" you're running off at the mouth about, means absolutely nothing.

and that's just vehicular traffic from NON NYC residents !!!!!

lol... block by block means feeder...

Going by that grand theory, all (less the M35) of our local routes are feeder routes.... Do you read what you type.... Better yet, do you really believe that??? There are no NYC feeder routes in manhattan, yet they run block by block.... Why, b/c they are part of a GRID system.

Look chief, a feeder bus has nothin to do w/ *blocks* it runs on....

In its simplest & defined form, a feeder bus runs from some other origin on one end, and a major terminal at the other....

The B42 & B74 are feeder routes... The Q4/5/84/85 @ Jamaica Center are feeder routes...

Routes in a hub & spoke type system can be comprised of feeder routes, but are not necessarily ALL feeder routes (see Jamaica, Flushing, Downtown Brooklyn)

You're not gonna get the masses to take Airport (direct) feeder local routes in NYC.... direct express buses are even worse

(majority of people that take those NYAS (new york airport service) buses, are either tourists, or other out-of-state folk.... NYAS don't even carry like that, and it runs out of PABT)....

Regardless if it runs on local roads, or some highway.... What good would a local direct airport feeder do, coming from some random location WITHIN NYC ????

I have a separate NJ plan that addresses the lack of service. My plans actually tie into each other indirectly. AlsoThe BQE HOV like rte I came up with isnt only just to get to the airport its to get ppl from major transfer points directly to other major transfer points they are fueled by the many FEEDERS at each HUB as a result of the HOV/Bus lanes they will bypass traffic as for buses they will be using MCI ones in phase 1 basically recycling DH runs into revenue. Its like taking a bus that is otherwise empty and putting riders who travel direct between the major points plus its way more than random its how do I link the many rtes and different travel needs together. The bus can take riders via I-278 and a bus HOV then after it hits williamsburg or LGA or jackson heights they are practically infront of manhattan and can easilly interline and turn into revenue runs for express buses. The HOV lanes and later BRT are meant to protect the rte's reliability. You however were the closest to figuring out my intentions however I already took these factors into account. The BRT type rte will be featured on the subway map highlighting its rapid nature. If successful then the HOVs are upgraded to full BRT with stations only at major transfer points where several bus lines and at least a subway intersect. Also LI type folk who hate the lack of service will be able to use the service as it links to SI s79/53 the Idea is to link as many bus lines that can create a grid/spoke and hub system. This basically completes the part. However the N91 failed and had no chance against the LIRR. This line however will be unique in the possibilities it can create however there are too many to note here I wont even be able to explain fully. However it's not meant to be a direct express or local bus at all its meant to be a direct bus linking the major transfer points in a rapid manner. Airport direct is only one of the uses. Plus when NJ improves then indirect effects happen. LIRR needs to restore the bay ridge branch it will bring about new options that bypass traffic. Also NJ to SI needs are addressed in a NJ part I was contacted by an NJT planning anaylst to discuss how NJ can be improved that plan actually indirectly influences the effectiveness of the new I278 line which is an open door express bus basically but the trick is to move as many ppl along that corridor as fast as possible. Not exactly to create another useless airport service which was way off the mark wit me I studied the MTA and several transit systems however due to my ideas being a huge departure from how a transit agency currently runs its rtes its easy for one to misunderstand it and shoot it down as useless and stupid when in reality it has several unseen benefits. I also have an LI suffolk/nassau plan that addresses the travel problems with the lack of service. The thing is cause I only mentioned a part of the idea other factors werent looked at but I just didnt mention that. This is not just about one corridor it has different parts and ties in with other regions

I have a separate NJ plan that addresses the lack of service. My plans actually tie into each other indirectly. AlsoThe BQE HOV like rte I came up with isnt only just to get to the airport its to get ppl from major transfer points directly to other major transfer points they are fueled by the many FEEDERS at each HUB as a result of the HOV/Bus lanes they will bypass traffic as for buses they will be using MCI ones in phase 1 basically recycling DH runs into revenue. Its like taking a bus that is otherwise empty and putting riders who travel direct between the major points plus its way more than random its how do I link the many rtes and different travel needs together. The bus can take riders via I-278 and a bus HOV then after it hits williamsburg or LGA or jackson heights they are practically infront of manhattan and can easilly interline and turn into revenue runs for express buses. The HOV lanes and later BRT are meant to protect the rte's reliability. You however were the closest to figuring out my intentions however I already took these factors into account. The BRT type rte will be featured on the subway map highlighting its rapid nature. If successful then the HOVs are upgraded to full BRT with stations only at major transfer points where several bus lines and at least a subway intersect. Also LI type folk who hate the lack of service will be able to use the service as it links to SI s79/53 the Idea is to link as many bus lines that can create a grid/spoke and hub system. This basically completes the part. However the N91 failed and had no chance against the LIRR. This line however will be unique in the possibilities it can create however there are too many to note here I wont even be able to explain fully. However it's not meant to be a direct express or local bus at all its meant to be a direct bus linking the major transfer points in a rapid manner. Airport direct is only one of the uses. Plus when NJ improves then indirect effects happen. LIRR needs to restore the bay ridge branch it will bring about new options that bypass traffic. Also NJ to SI needs are addressed in a NJ part I was contacted by an NJT planning anaylst to discuss how NJ can be improved that plan actually indirectly influences the effectiveness of the new I278 line which is an open door express bus basically but the trick is to move as many ppl along that corridor as fast as possible. Not exactly to create another useless airport service which was way off the mark wit me I studied the MTA and several transit systems however due to my ideas being a huge departure from how a transit agency currently runs its rtes its easy for one to misunderstand it and shoot it down as useless and stupid when in reality it has several unseen benefits. I also have an LI suffolk/nassau plan that addresses the travel problems with the lack of service. The thing is cause I only mentioned a part of the idea other factors werent looked at but I just didnt mention that. This is not just about one corridor it has different parts and ties in with other regions

what the h......

Holy enter key, batman !!

The fact that you're never "direct" with anyone about your "plans" tells me that you have no real mind blowing, state of the art plans to begin with...

Stop fakin the funk, actin like you're so much more progressive than anyone else on here.... You're not foolin anyone with that, if you think you are.... The talkin in circles you continue to engage in, across multiple posts, has long gotten annoying; almost to the point of spamming.... You strike me as someone that likes to hear themself talk, but it's whatever....

That said, I'll comment on this madness in this manner:

1) a route is either local or express... miss me with that, it's not local or express, it's direct...

2) The LIRR wasn't in no direct competition w/ the N91... what are you talkin about.... it was a route that went from LIRR hempstead, to JFK airport.... Tell me when there ever was a LIRR stop inside JFK...

3) Can you please get off me, being the closest to understanding you... No one gets browny points for sucking up to me.... it makes me MORE suspicious of you.... it's one of the weakest traits a person can have.

4) It's easy to say, someone saying your plans (w/e they might be) are useless & stupid (you hear those audible claps in the background).... It's not up to us to not be automatically dismissive when you make the posts on this forum as you do...

^^ Reread that as many times as you have to.

It's up to YOU to convey your points/posts/plans, in a manner with which most the reading public can a] decipher & b]understand... without botherin to maneuver through circles & smokescreens (which is what that entire last reply was, and I'm not just referring to how it was formatted)

This has gone on long enough with you....

Enough is enough...

what the h......

Holy enter key, batman !!

The fact that you're never "direct" with anyone about your "plans" tells me that you have no real mind blowing, state of the art plans to begin with...

Stop fakin the funk, actin like you're so much more progressive than anyone else on here.... You're not foolin anyone with that, if you think you are.... The talkin in circles you continue to engage in, across multiple posts, has long gotten annoying; almost to the point of spamming.... You strike me as someone that likes to hear themself talk, but it's whatever....

That said, I'll comment on this madness in this manner:

1) a route is either local or express... miss me with that, it's not local or express, it's direct...

2) The LIRR wasn't in no direct competition w/ the N91... what are you talkin about.... it was a route that went from LIRR hempstead, to JFK airport.... Tell me when there ever was a LIRR stop inside JFK...

3) Can you please get off me, being the closest to understanding you... No one gets browny points for sucking up to me.... it makes me MORE suspicious of you.... it's one of the weakest traits a person can have.

4) It's easy to say, someone saying your plans (w/e they might be) are useless & stupid (you hear those audible claps in the background).... It's not up to us to not be automatically dismissive when you make the posts on this forum as you do...

^^ Reread that as many times as you have to.

It's up to YOU to convey your points/posts/plans, in a manner with which most the reading public can a] decipher & b]understand... without botherin to maneuver through circles & smokescreens.

This has gone on long enough with you....

Enough is enough...

*Round of applause*!

Archived