What is wrong with this idea and why how can it be improved???

qjtransitmaster

I have a separate NJ plan that addresses the lack of service. My plans actually tie into each other indirectly. AlsoThe BQE HOV like rte I came up with isnt only just to get to the airport its to get ppl from major transfer points directly to other major transfer points they are fueled by the many FEEDERS at each HUB as a result of the HOV/Bus lanes they will bypass traffic as for buses they will be using MCI ones in phase 1 basically recycling DH runs into revenue. Its like taking a bus that is otherwise empty and putting riders who travel direct between the major points plus its way more than random its how do I link the many rtes and different travel needs together. The bus can take riders via I-278 and a bus HOV then after it hits williamsburg or LGA or jackson heights they are practically infront of manhattan and can easilly interline and turn into revenue runs for express buses. The HOV lanes and later BRT are meant to protect the rte's reliability. You however were the closest to figuring out my intentions however I already took these factors into account. The BRT type rte will be featured on the subway map highlighting its rapid nature. If successful then the HOVs are upgraded to full BRT with stations only at major transfer points where several bus lines and at least a subway intersect. Also LI type folk who hate the lack of service will be able to use the service as it links to SI s79/53 the Idea is to link as many bus lines that can create a grid/spoke and hub system. This basically completes the part. However the N91 failed and had no chance against the LIRR. This line however will be unique in the possibilities it can create however there are too many to note here I wont even be able to explain fully. However it's not meant to be a direct express or local bus at all its meant to be a direct bus linking the major transfer points in a rapid manner. Airport direct is only one of the uses. Plus when NJ improves then indirect effects happen. LIRR needs to restore the bay ridge branch it will bring about new options that bypass traffic. Also NJ to SI needs are addressed in a NJ part I was contacted by an NJT planning anaylst to discuss how NJ can be improved that plan actually indirectly influences the effectiveness of the new I278 line which is an open door express bus basically but the trick is to move as many ppl along that corridor as fast as possible. Not exactly to create another useless airport service which was way off the mark wit me I studied the MTA and several transit systems however due to my ideas being a huge departure from how a transit agency currently runs its rtes its easy for one to misunderstand it and shoot it down as useless and stupid when in reality it has several unseen benefits. I also have an LI suffolk/nassau plan that addresses the travel problems with the lack of service. The thing is cause I only mentioned a part of the idea other factors werent looked at but I just didnt mention that. This is not just about one corridor it has different parts and ties in with other regions

Wall of text hits you for 9999 damage! CRITICAL STRIKE!

It's super effective!

qjtransitmaster, when I head over to Brooklyn's MTA Headquarter to see if they have new SI Bus Map, and my way to Jay St-MetroTech station, I caught few motorists using the BusWay at Fulton Mall.

During my ride on MegaBus with friends to Boston, MA, one of expressway used had BUS ONLY sign, and car drivers were abusing it.

what the h......

Holy enter key, batman !!

The fact that you're never "direct" with anyone about your "plans" tells me that you have no real mind blowing, state of the art plans to begin with...

Stop fakin the funk, actin like you're so much more progressive than anyone else on here.... You're not foolin anyone with that, if you think you are.... The talkin in circles you continue to engage in, across multiple posts, has long gotten annoying; almost to the point of spamming.... You strike me as someone that likes to hear themself talk, but it's whatever....

That said, I'll comment on this madness in this manner:

1) a route is either local or express... miss me with that, it's not local or express, it's direct...

2) The LIRR wasn't in no direct competition w/ the N91... what are you talkin about.... it was a route that went from LIRR hempstead, to JFK airport.... Tell me when there ever was a LIRR stop inside JFK...

3) Can you please get off me, being the closest to understanding you... No one gets browny points for sucking up to me.... it makes me MORE suspicious of you.... it's one of the weakest traits a person can have.

4) It's easy to say, someone saying your plans (w/e they might be) are useless & stupid (you hear those audible claps in the background).... It's not up to us to not be automatically dismissive when you make the posts on this forum as you do...

^^ Reread that as many times as you have to.

It's up to YOU to convey your points/posts/plans, in a manner with which most the reading public can a] decipher & b]understand... without botherin to maneuver through circles & smokescreens (which is what that entire last reply was, and I'm not just referring to how it was formatted)

This has gone on long enough with you....

Enough is enough...

opps I thought I gave enough details didnt I already explain it but ur right about being direct though. However I had several changes to the NJ one and the LI one the NYC one involves a super limited stop type of rte the only reason why I was so indirect was so I can learn about the type of critisisms I may recieve when presenting my plans. I intentionally only left some info just to figure out what I am up against. Basically this is debate practice for me. That is all. Looks like I gathered some interesting info now I have all the info I need to counter most opposing arguments. Cause when I spoke at the NJ and MTA(LI) meetings my non confrontational and unique outlook on things has earned me many cheers some even gave me business cards and cheered me on by the way I dont scream or yell about saving a rte but instead present an alternative compromise that keeps more ppl happy. All I was doing here was preparing for the future thats all thx you all have been a great for extracting info from. Now I know what to expect in terms of opposition and how to kill it too. O and I got weinstein's business card too. you know who he is. O and plz take a chill pill its not that serious. I already finished my experiment here

qjtransitmaster, when I head over to Brooklyn's MTA Headquarter to see if they have new SI Bus Map, and my way to Jay St-MetroTech station, I caught few motorists using the BusWay at Fulton Mall.

During my ride on MegaBus with friends to Boston, MA, one of expressway used had BUS ONLY sign, and car drivers were abusing it.

True however the real part that ties everything together will that the bus lanes won't be with paint they will literally be grade separated with concrete dividers that prevent motorists from entering to prevent abuse the lanes will be 24 hours. Enforcement will be done via cameras mounted on the buses themselves and the fine will increase to $300 and $400 at rush hour. Plus the enterance to the bus lanes will only be at the enterances and exits to the expressway with Cop cars to enforce this. For the plan to work cars must be prevented from entering the HOV lane and paint isn't good enough that much I know the lanes are separated from traffic or grade separated so to speak.

Phase one will be regular HOV lanes with rampant enforcement via extremely high fines via mail. Phase 2 is to upgrade the lanes and completely cut off all other traffic from the bus lanes via concreate dividers. Phase 3 complete conversion to full buildout BRT with stations that link with a few subway stations in addition to stopping in major terminals

Besides how much will it cost to extend airtrain howard beach to bay ridge vs build a separate busway from JFK vs upgrade the Belt to allow buses and create a BRT lane???

Did you see videos from California?

According to Kron4 news, drivers in California risk even with enforce and according to him, California has higher fine, but drivers abuse bus lane, car pool plane, failing to stop for school bus/MUNI shared roadway.

This is Japanese bus operated on elevated busway.

You just WON BIG this time how did you know u win this was my long term plan/short term all along ur good:tup: That was what I wanted to do and if successfull others will be built on the LIE and throughout LI based on the success of the route restructuring my plan entails in LI. Fine soon I will spill the beans on my true intertions

That is elevated bus way is called Guideway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guided_bus

Yup now you know. My plans are speed based and yes in the future the guideways are unleashed beside or on top of the parkways in LI after the initial success ot the first BRT HOV/guideway the rest will literally destroy our outer region's car centric nature and killing all of robert mosses' car centric BS. All modes of transit linking with these guideways and the the rail lines we have with this transit ridership will skyrocket eventually traffic will begin to drop sharply. Now will a guideway be cheaper than airtrain extension??? The only way to get LI peeps out of cars is to replace most of the buses except high ridership ones with guideways making buses the faster way to travel. And quick trips that once were done by car will soon complete LI's network into a complete grid based network making transit rule and soon eliminating most of the LI traffic that plauges NYC

Even with frequent service or improved service on regional bus service wouldn't force many drivers to go out of cars.

For example, some communities like Oyster Bay has no bus service.

Same reason for some neighborhoods in Westchester County has no bus or train, so they need to take taxi or drive.

Some people are car-essantic.

If you look at Bee-Line Bus Map, some neighborhoods only have cars or taxi as option.

http://transportation.westchestergov.com/images/stories/pdfs/beelinesystemmap.pdf

Some folks will not park and ride transportation even thought there are parking lot by train station or garage near bus stop.

Even with frequent service or improved service on regional bus service wouldn't force many drivers to go out of cars.

For example, some communities like Oyster Bay has no bus service.

Same reason for some neighborhoods in Westchester County has no bus or train, so they need to take taxi or drive.

Some people are car-essantic.

If you look at Bee-Line Bus Map, some neighborhoods only have cars or taxi as option.

http://transportation.westchestergov.com/images/stories/pdfs/beelinesystemmap.pdf

Some folks will not park and ride transportation even thought there are parking lot by train station or garage near bus stop.

I have a separate proposal that deals with that very issue

• 3 weeks later...
I think NIMBY will not like to have elevated bus guideway because it will destroy their beautiful scenic view of ocean.

None of the guideways in my plan will block the ocean views!!!!! hehe They are built elevated above the parkways and side by side and elevated above I278 and FDR and of course in LI crosstown type obove the causeway and meadowbrook up to freeport. And I87 no one will have a good opposing argument. Plus the way they will be designed will kill off any NIMBY opposition.

Archived