Subway from Yankee Stadium to Times Square Area

I wil be needing to go from Yankee Stadium to the Times Square area later in the year, i have researched, am I correct in that after the game I can take the "D" train?

Also, am i correct that i can pick up the "D" train by the stadium by walking downstairs right by the MacDonalds there, and it will take me to 53rd and 7th Ave or to Rockefeller Center, either of which is fine.

Just looking for verification that the "D" is the train to take and that i do go downstairs by the MacDonalds.

Thanks.

To get to Times Square from the (D), transfer at 42 St-Bryant Park for a Times Square bound (7)

No need to transfer to the 7 train, its only a block away.

6th ave to 7th ave/Bway

Two big buildings away - Bank of America and Conde Naste.

S/F,

CEYA!

Since you are starting at Times Square why don't you just use the Grand Central (S), and take it to Grand Central where you can transfer to a (4) train which also takes you to Yankee Stadium.

Thanks everyone. As to getting to Yankee Stadium, dont need the subway, i will be in area of the stadium with a friend prior to the game and he will take me there, i just need to get back and wanted to verify mainly that i walk downstairs by the MacDonalds to get the "D" train.

I have no problem walking the few blocks the "D" train leaves me off near Times Square since my hotel is at 47th street.

Thanks everyone. As to getting to Yankee Stadium, dont need the subway, i will be in area of the stadium with a friend prior to the game and he will take me there, i just need to get back and wanted to verify mainly that i walk downstairs by the MacDonalds to get the "D" train.

I have no problem walking the few blocks the "D" train leaves me off near Times Square since my hotel is at 47th street.

Well if it's near 47th St you need, then just take the (D) to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center

No need to transfer to the 7 train, its only a block away.

6th ave to 7th ave/Bway

Two big buildings away - Bank of America and Conde Naste.

And those buildings are supposed to have a connection from 6th Avenue to Broadway, effectively adding the 6th Av 42nd St. Station to the Times Square complex.

Don't know what's going on with that (it was supposed to open with the BOA building, and it was even advertized to tenants as having a connection to both stations).

Archived