"Close" call on subway

Abba

something seems fisshy, how was the front car closed and the second not?

It does especially since the (G) train is only 4 cars long and all the doors close at the same time. Either way though, the (MTA) doesn't advocate against holding the doors just for their health.

This guy is full of it, no one waved him aboard, and it says the doors on the first car were closed so he went to the second car that had the doors open. How would the doors be open if he was still in the same section of the consist that would be closed at that same time?

I think the whole story isn't shown and has been twisted alot. I doubt the 1st car was closed off while the others were open. That doesn't happen often on the subway, this ain't no RR. They said the 2nd car was empty but there is no way in hek that there would be an empty car on the G at any time especially if the 1st car is closed off. The train CANNOT move if the doors aren't fully closed unless a bypass switch is hit and that cannot be done with a train in service. Remember all those PSAs about NOT putting your arm in a closing door? Doors take a few seconds to close so it was likely closing before his attempt to board. My take, the guy hurt his arm on the door, pulled it out and then the trained moved leaving him behind. He was mad so he went to the media and either him or the media blew up the story to bash the MTA.

I think the Post may have written the story wrong. I've seen it where the conductor will close the doors to the first set of front cars and then have the back set of doors open where he's at and he will let people run to those cars and get on before closing them. Perhaps that's what they meant to say, otherwise, as others has said, I don't know how what he did would be possible without the conductor seeing it. All and all something doesn't make sense with the story.

Wait a sec... if something as big like the human body gets caught between the doors, do the door sensors activate? Is the train even allowed to leave.

Why would the T/O wave the guy on and then close the doors without giving the guy sufficent time to get on?

Why is the entire first car closed off?

This doesn't add up.

I think the Post may have written the story wrong. I've seen it where the conductor will close the doors to the first set of front cars and then have the back set of doors open where he's at and he will let people run to those cars and get on before closing them. Perhaps that's what they meant to say, otherwise, as others has said, I don't know how what he did would be possible without the conductor seeing it. All and all something doesn't make sense with the story.

This is the (G) train, there's only one set of doors that gets closed.

Its totally possible for one car to be closed while the rest are open. That car could have been isolated. Now the guy probably just tried to jump into the doors and still got left behind. Its a bs story and a bs lawsuit.

Its totally possible for one car to be closed while the rest are open. That car could have been isolated. Now the guy probably just tried to jump into the doors and still got left behind. Its a bs story and a bs lawsuit.

But that chance is very, very small that the first car was closed off. That happens on the LIRR often, but on the subway rarely.

I do agree this is a BS-story. Would the t/o even take off when not all doors are fully closed?

But that chance is very, very small that the first car was closed off. That happens on the LIRR often, but on the subway rarely.

I do agree this is a BS-story. Would the t/o even take off when not all doors are fully closed?

Actually the chances are not very small. Cars get isolated on a daily basis for different reasons. Vomit, blood, urine, feces, vandalism, more than one broken door. Now the t/o would not take off because if there are doors open then he would not have indication. Neither would the conductor. Also since its a 4car train the conductor would have seen him since he only has to face foward. In my opinion he did not get dragged. He seems to want a quick pay day.

If one or more doors are open while most of the train consists are closed will the T/O and or C/R get the locked and closed indication? I can't imagine this guys arm being stuck.

Reread my last post. I just answered that question.

Archived