"Close" call on subway

Abba

He shouldn't have been trying to get into the train in the first place, there's a schedule to keep and another train isn't too far behind!

This is why we can't have smooth service!

I guess he can't wait 10 minutes for the next G train. "sigh the people we live with"

I do remember many stories in the news when I was young of peoplevgetting drqgged by trains when their backpacks, purses, etc, wouls get caught in the doors by the straps and pull them along. I believe this occurred on the redbirds a lot of the time. Anyone else remember this? Must have been like 10 years ago at least when I would read thee stories on a weekly, if no daily, basis.

I think one of the big pushes for the NTT equipment was that the doors could even sensema credit card between them.

I do remember many stories in the news when I was young of peoplevgetting drqgged by trains when their backpacks, purses, etc, wouls get caught in the doors by the straps and pull them along. I believe this occurred on the redbirds a lot of the time. Anyone else remember this? Must have been like 10 years ago at least when I would read thee stories on a weekly, if no daily, basis.

I think one of the big pushes for the NTT equipment was that the doors could even sensema credit card between them.

what i do remember is one time when i was younger i was on a redbird on the (6) line (i think it was an R29 i don't remember to well on what redbird it was) the C/R was closing the doors and this lady was trying to beat the doors closing to get in. her hand got stuck but in between the doors. the C/R noticed her and he opened the doors and let her in.

As for the guy's story, his story sounds to made up in my opinion. on a four car set i pretty sure that the C/R would have noticed him trying to get in if his arm was "stuck" then let him in. people these days find some way to find a law suit with any company to get money. the (MTA) are struggling enough with financial issues right now.

well that's my two cents on this topic.

What year 2009-2010 R46 on the (G) that is what Probally held him for his ride I'm saying they had issues I'm not foaming ;)

It was more of stupidity then weather the cars have had issues in the past,read the article.

King of Red Birds =age 13 cut the kid some slack maybe hes a bit "misinformed"...

Maybe when he learns hes missing out on more important things in life....

Anyways with people low on money these days there trying anything to get a lawsuit.

Guest lance25
Uhhh... What??????? :confused: I don't understand what you just wrote. What does the "weather" have to do with this??

Wrong "weather". That is all. He obviously meant "whether". I see it all the time with "then" vs "than".

It could ahve been one of the times where the G was running on OPTO and the TO is the C/R.

Although the only time I saw that was during that G.O. a few weeks back when it was running in two sections. And there were a hell of a lot of people on those trains so yea... whatever the case the story doesnt add up.

Archived