Late, ontime, and early buses.

R188 7857

Ok, so I see the Q76 almost everyday and I noticed during school dismissal hours, one bus doesn't come on the right time, then three buses came at the same time! The first was crowded - late bus, second was normal - ontime bus, third was empty - early. Once three buses came at the same time and then 5 secs later another bus came! Man the MTA should speed up service on lines that have crowding problems.

Late bus has to pick up alot of passengers which is why they are crowded. The late bus is too crowded so the ontime bus picks up the other passengers, then the early bus has noone to pick up because two buses are right in front of the early bus.

UNRELIABLE!

You have to make note of the fact that some of the buses that you're seeing may be school trippers.

Usually the Q76 comes each 15-20 mins, but sometimes you need to wait 30-40 mins to find three buses coming.

Ok, so I see the Q76 almost everyday and I noticed during school dismissal hours, one bus doesn't come on the right time, then three buses came at the same time! The first was crowded - late bus, second was normal - ontime bus, third was empty - early.

So there were three buses' worth of people and there were three buses, which suggests that the schedule is probably correct but it's not being followed correctly. If all three were school trippers, then the problem is student behavior - they all cram onto one bus to stay with their friends and ignore the other buses. If all three were "line" trips, then maybe a driver showed up late or a bus had mechanical problems.

I hate when this happens on the Bx35 during the evening rush. Not saying that the Bx35 is not frequent enough but the buses sometimes come late and end up being so packed that people are standing beyond the white line. There is normally another bus behind it completely empty hiding in traffic which nobody can see. By empty, i mean there are plenty of seats avalable.

So there were three buses' worth of people and there were three buses, which suggests that the schedule is probably correct but it's not being followed correctly. If all three were school trippers, then the problem is student behavior - they all cram onto one bus to stay with their friends and ignore the other buses. If all three were "line" trips, then maybe a driver showed up late or a bus had mechanical problems.

To be honest, I think the service the MTA provides for students is excessive.

At my school, there are 5 S44s. However, if all available space was used, only 2 would be needed. Even if the students didn't fill all the available space, and more students couldn't get on, at least there are the regular non-tripper buses to accomodate them.

I'm sure the same rule could've been applied to the Q76.

At my school, there are 5 S44s. However, if all available space was used, only 2 would be needed. Even if the students didn't fill all the available space, and more students couldn't get on, at least there are the regular non-tripper buses to accomodate them.

The thing is the number of students using those buses can fluctuate and also, the (MTA) really doesn't want students packing up the regular buses because those buses could be bypassing paying folks going much further than the students, thus the school buses tend to be cheaper since they function more like shuttles anyway.

MTA??? EXCESSIVE SERVICE????

God damn how the hell do they spoil you down there......

Ok, so I see the Q76 almost everyday and I noticed during school dismissal hours, one bus doesn't come on the right time, then three buses came at the same time! The first was crowded - late bus, second was normal - ontime bus, third was empty - early. Once three buses came at the same time and then 5 secs later another bus came! Man the MTA should speed up service on lines that have crowding problems.

Late bus has to pick up alot of passengers which is why they are crowded. The late bus is too crowded so the ontime bus picks up the other passengers, then the early bus has noone to pick up because two buses are right in front of the early bus.

UNRELIABLE!

You said it was during School dismissal hours, so yes, at least 2 of those 3 Q76 buses were School trips. The Q76 is a very quiet route, and the only crowds are the students getting out at the many schools along the route.

A lot of the time, the line bus will be ahead of all the school trip buses and wind up getting overloaded. I've been that bus before. :cry:

Next bus please.:P

You said it was during School dismissal hours, so yes, at least 2 of those 3 Q76 buses were School trips. The Q76 is a very quiet route, and the only crowds are the students getting out at the many schools along the route.

A lot of the time, the line bus will be ahead of all the school trip buses and wind up getting overloaded. I've been that bus before. :cry:

Next bus please.;)

Nope, all school trip buses are from Jamaica Depot according to TTMG wiki.

Jamaica bound School pieces are usually from Jamaica depot, Casey Stengel may have the College Point bound school pieces.

I haven't done any school trips on the Q76 lately, and since runs change every pick, I could be wrong.

But, it doesn't mater what depot a bus comes from, if the matter is bus bunching, then any bus picking up passengers is included.

Archived