Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Amtrak7

Rockland Bus Map Official Release

logodie.png

Click logo to download map!

Click here for schedule side!

Base map is OpenStreetMap data. I left the logo off because it's copyrighted and Commons won't take anything copyrighted.[/center]

Edited by Amtrak7
  • Upvote 1

Why does the look strikingly simliar to the (MTA) bus map?

By design. Some fonts are the same, no colors were copied but they were selected to be similar, etc.

Did you design it?

If Westchester County Bee-Line follows MTA Design, it properly going to be W.

Yes. Kriston Lewis is working on the W one due out by mid July. I'm not sure if it'll include the back side.

Amtrak7, how did you make it look like MTA's Map PDF?

Streets are white and background is tan. Just taking every design element possible without outright copying.

Nice!

Kriston Lewis is working on the W one due out by mid July. I'm not sure if it'll include the back side.

It will. You didn't get my email?

Nice!

It will. You didn't get my email?

I got the email that said this:

Because of school, the Westchester map has been delayed a bit. It will be done by the end of June, early July at the latest.

It had no mention of the back side, and that was the last I got from you.

Amtrak7, Kristen Lewis.

I was wondering maybe you could create Express Bus version of Manhattan Bus Map that include Bee-Line BxM4C and Atlantic X23/X24.

Amtrak7, Kristen Lewis.

I was wondering maybe you could create Express Bus version of Manhattan Bus Map that include Bee-Line BxM4C and Atlantic X23/X24.

I tried, but gave up after creating the Bronx routes and part of Downtown.

It's simply too dense.

I tried, but gave up after creating the Bronx routes and part of Downtown.

It's simply too dense.

one thing missing the red and tan routes to bergen and NYC can you plz add them to the rockland map in an updateed version. I admire the map but those rtes are important especially the 45x and 9x new rush hr ones just a suggestion

Made Google Map:

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=212833453674264033384.0004a7fc951782720657c&ie=UTF8&ll=41.115075,-74.05111&spn=0.02789,0.02786&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=212833453674264033384.0004a7fc951782720657c&ie=UTF8&ll=41.115075,-74.05111&spn=0.02789,0.02786&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Spring Valley Jitney</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

Looks like I won't be able to put this in the PDF map, it's simply too complex in an area with many routes already. Maybe an inset map.

For a second I'm like.. Finally a better much more scaled down map from TOR.. Until I see you made it..

Still pretty good tho!

Is the map with streets a template? Because thats a lot of work!

Is the map with streets a template? Because thats a lot of work!

The base map is a template, but everything else is drawn in. The base map also includes lots of extraneous stuff that had to be deleted manually (bike paths, county boundaries, commercial building outlines, land use, etc.)

Until I see you made it..

Is something different if I make a map than if someone else does? Are you trying to imply something here?

Edited by Amtrak7