Your favorite colors on NYC subway cars and why

i've search the site for a thread like this but i haven't found one like this. if it has been done forgive me.

my favorite color theme on a NYC train would have to be the world's fair colors. i like them because to me they look good on the R33WF/R36WF. they looked even better when the color of the train wasn't cover in graffiti. that's just my opinion.

The turquoise "Blue Arrow" 1964 World's Fair look on the R33/R36 WFs, when delivered, quite psychedelic.

Also the Hunter Green on the 110 overhauled R10s and 12 GE Main Line R33s in 1985.

The 1982-88 all white ("whitewash") seems to be underrated, but deserves a TOMC R33 repainted in it.

The R38's paint scheme was great when they came in new. One of my favorites.

This is to prove the R32's were never crap in the first place, and they still kick butt.

Agreed.

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite color is the beautiful aquamarine and cream color scheme. This was the original color scheme of the R33/R36 World's Fair subway cars.

My second favorite would be the turquoise and ivory color scheme of the R10s that was inspired by the R33/R36 World's Fair subway cars.

The R38's paint scheme was great when they came in new. One of my favorites.

img_24540.jpg

This is to prove the R32's were never crap in the first place, and they still kick butt.

img_4686.jpg

i love the blue and silver on the 32's...they really shoulda kept them like that after GOH

Archived