Should there be direct service to and from LaGuardia

Q101viaSteinway

I read posts here about service to LaGuardia Airport and came up with idea for LaGuardia service two new routes.

Q94

From 74th Street Terminal to LaGuardia Airport all terminals

Q95

From Woodside LIRR to LaGuardia Airport all terminals

all routes would operate via BQE

I read posts here about service to LaGuardia Airport and came up with idea for LaGuardia service two new routes.

Q94

Q95

HEHE you read my posts didnt ya??? but it would be better if the Q95 and 95 were one route that served both woodside and 74th street. However this is a woefully incomplete version of my ideas but there is more than just adding a bus there are things that need to be put in place to ensure it.

Q94

Q95

(Q33) and (Q47) from 74th Street already exists to serve LGA. Bang. No need to add another route from 74th Street to LGA.

Q94

Q95

No offense but why? Maybe extending either the (Q47) prefered choice or (Q33) to Woodside makes some sense. Or adding an "Q33X" or Q47X" on couple of trips in peak direction rush hours via the Rush Hours. However that it and no need past the rush for any 'express' between LGA and Woodside.

Also the (Q94) name is already being used for a possible Bronx-Flushing line to supplement the (Q44). It was proposed right before the current fiscal crisis in 2007.

No offense but why? Maybe extending either the (Q47) prefered choice or (Q33) to Woodside makes some sense. Or adding an "Q33X" or Q47X" on couple of trips in peak direction rush hours via the Rush Hours. However that it and no need past the rush for any 'express' between LGA and Woodside.

Also the (Q94) name is already being used for a possible Bronx-Flushing line to supplement the (Q44). It was proposed right before the current fiscal crisis in 2007.

I actually already proposed a similar plan however the line doesnt just end in woodside it has stops in downtown BK and bay ridge via gowanas I278 corridor bidirectional. How will Q94 supplement Q44??

Bang those routes are SLOW!!!! Plus the rtes can also link the bronx directly in a way others cant

If you want to reroute the Q94 to LGA via the BQE, it is the same as operating in Roosevelt/83rd Street. Roosevelt is a traffic hellhole either way in both directions, and to reroute to the BQE, you need to turn on 69, spend a while idling on the huge interchange with 37 Ave, 69 St the BQE and Broadway, and once you do actually hit the BQE, you will most likely hit traffic.

How will Q94 supplement Q44??

It won't, because it will never be implemented.

The Q94 was proposed, for a brief shining moment, as part of a whole list of enhancement ideas. Other ideas included route extensions (Q12 to Great Neck, the Q27 to Springfield/Merrick, Q75 to QCC) and longer service spans (e.g. Q42 on weekends).

All of those ideas wound up being scrapped when the MTA's revenues from mortgage recording fees started to decline due to falling property values.

Also according to Jackson Heights Neighborhood Study, they want to make 76th and 77th Streets into Bus Transitway.

If you look at study, you'll see why buses are often slow.

http://a841-tfpweb.nyc.gov/jackson-heights/files/2010/11/qn_cb4_06_1_10.pdf

I took Q69 this morning and it was heavily used from Astoria Blvd/82nd St to Ditmars Blvd (N)(Q) Station, then again few stops after Broadway along 21st St to 21st St-Queensbridge Bridge.

Also according to Jackson Heights Neighborhood Study, they want to make 76th and 77th Streets into Bus Transitway.

I took Q69 this morning and it was heavily used from Astoria Blvd/82nd St to Ditmars Blvd (N)(Q) Station, then again few stops after Broadway along 21st St to 21st St-Queensbridge Bridge.

How about Northern Blvd as well?

Q94

Q95

t9ti9fv78.gif

stop drinkin it.

"Q94" would defeat the purpose of the Q33 serving the airport (and would yield much less riders)... do you really want that ???

No way would they run Q33 & "Q94" services... look at what happened w/ the Q10a for crying out loud, which traveled far longer of a distance....

"Q95" there's just no market for...

Good luck gettin long islanders to disembark at Woodside to catch a bus to get to the airport.... They'd be more prone to catching those CABS over there, to get there.. and once they see the drivers of said cabs, they'll be hesitant to even do that !

lest we forget what happened to the N91 B)

Speaking of Woodside, during summer event, when X81 Randall's Existed, did (7)/LIRR riders took X81 to Randall's Island or they took subway or bus into Manhattan for X80 or M35

why would a long islander take the M35....

....and yeh bro, the time I took the x81, I saw a good crowd of ppl gettin off at woodside.... however, I didn't see anyone that came off the (7).... I'd say 1/2 the ppl came off the Q53, and the other half came from the LIRR....

the bus (x81) I took that day, was a little over 1/2 full.....

t9ti9fv78.gif

stop drinkin it.

"Q94" would defeat the purpose of the Q33 serving the airport (and would yield much less riders)... do you really want that ???

No way would they run Q33 & "Q94" services... look at what happened w/ the Q10a for crying out loud, which traveled far longer of a distance....

"Q95" there's just no market for...

Good luck gettin long islanders to disembark at Woodside to catch a bus to get to the airport.... They'd be more prone to catching those CABS over there, to get there.. and once they see the drivers of said cabs, they'll be hesitant to even do that !

lest we forget what happened to the N91 :P

i was just throwing it out there

If that happens then forget my idea as the transitway will be faster than the BQE anyway!!!!

why would a long islander take the M35....

....and yeh bro, the time I took the x81, I saw a good crowd of ppl gettin off at woodside.... however, I didn't see anyone that came off the (7).... I'd say 1/2 the ppl came off the Q53, and the other half came from the LIRR....

the bus (x81) I took that day, was a little over 1/2 full.....

Ehh ur right most of my plans were related to X81 basically I the rte I mentioned is a regional line using left over DH buses from express rtes goes from bay ridge via HOV lanes to LGA with stops in downtown brooklyn, williamsburg and jackson heights. The idea is to feed off of as many local buses as possible to fuel ridership and feed off of LIRR in woodside and subway and local buses with at rush having some lines end at williamsburg to become express buses in downtown manhattan to turn DH's into revenue runs. The trick is to make it known how fast transit really is to entice drivers out of their cars due to HOV immunity to traffic jams granted for buses. The catch these lanes will be bus only. Most of ur points are valid and u did prepare me for all types of arguments

Ehh ur right most of my plans were related to X81 basically I the rte I mentioned is a regional line using left over DH buses from express rtes goes from bay ridge via HOV lanes to LGA with stops in downtown brooklyn, williamsburg and jackson heights. The idea is to feed off of as many local buses as possible to fuel ridership and feed off of LIRR in woodside and subway and local buses with at rush having some lines end at williamsburg to become express buses in downtown manhattan to turn DH's into revenue runs. The trick is to make it known how fast transit really is to entice drivers out of their cars due to HOV immunity to traffic jams granted for buses. The catch these lanes will be bus only. Most of ur points are valid and u did prepare me for all types of arguments

When it comes to you, 101% of my points are valid :P

but check this out though....

That reply of mine had nothin to do with...

you.

Archived