should i stay with mta bus or go over to mabstoa

overtyme2

I've been working for mta bus now for the past two years as a cleaner/helper and just last week I was mailed a letter asking me to report to 180 livingston st. This week for the same tittle but for mabstoa.should I jump ship and go over to mabstoa or should I stay put at mta bus? Are there any advantages working for mabstoa over mta bus? I know I'll be losing out on my seniority but that really isn't a big deal to me. Ive heard there is a diffence in the passes in regards to transportation I know with mta bus your pass won't wowork on the train and it only works on queen line buses. I know its a different pension system but which is better? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

that`s up to u i would ask them a question before i make the jump if it was me. i would ask the people at 180 livingston st and based on ur senority u most likey will lose it if u make a jump but ur time might carry over ask them and see what`s the pay scale for mabstoa , benifits compare that and see what`s right for u but ask them questions if u don`t know the answers. good luck

I've been working for mta bus now for the past two years as a cleaner/helper and just last week I was mailed a letter asking me to report to 180 livingston st. This week for the same tittle but for mabstoa.should I jump ship and go over to mabstoa or should I stay put at mta bus? Are there any advantages working for mabstoa over mta bus? I know I'll be losing out on my seniority but that really isn't a big deal to me. Ive heard there is a diffence in the passes in regards to transportation I know with mta bus your pass won't wowork on the train and it only works on queen line buses. I know its a different pension system but which is better? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well your pension would definitely be better, it would closely match the NYCT NYCERS 25/55 plan. And you be getting a U (universal) pass that works on any Mabstoa and NYCT bus or subway station. Beyond that I heard the facilities are better. Other than that I don't know any other differences.

I would definetly go and switch to MaBstoa.Everything is better and you wont regret it.Dont worry about the senority,thats minor stuff.You will be glad you switched.I hope you come over to this side.

Let's just say you do go with mta bus, make sure you pick into a depot that's with twu not atu. If you pick a depot with twu, you would get the same pay scale as mobstoa. The only difference is mobstoa have better pension for now.:tup:

Thanks Andrew but if possible do you know advantages of working for mabstoa over mta bus since your already on that side. Thanks again

Those I mentioned in my prior post is just about it. I mean the best outta the both would be to work for NYCTA buses. Then you'd get all of the above mentioned, but have a NYCERS pension which would allow you to transfer your time to another city agency if you wanted to. Or buy back military time if you had any. Plus you would have civil service status/protection.

Thanks a lot but does anyone know what pension system mabstoa uses

They use a Defined Pension system which closely matches the NYCERS TA 25/55 pension plan. Only thing is you can't bring time over from another city agency and you can't take your time to another agency either. I'm not sure about buying back military time either. Either way you would be better off at MaBSTOA. But remember not only would you be losing seniority if you make the switch, you will also be obligated to complete the full course of the 25/55 since you can't bring that (MTA) bus time over with you. So that may be something to consider if you already put in a significant amount of time with (MTA) Bus Company and wanted to retire at a certain age. I would say if you've done less than 5 years with (MTA) Bus company make the switch, but if you've done more like closer to 10 then seriously consider the extra years you will have to work.

Are the mabstoa men passes the same color (red) as nycta? Of are they a different color also like mea bus which is green ( and not universal)

With MaBSTOA I believe you still have a choice between the green(male) E pass which has no travel privileges on NYCT, But has an option to have dependent passes, and they have the option of a red(male) U pass as well.

Stay here...MTA BUS for life!! I show my green pass on the subway, Bus, Long Island RR and have no problem....you got 2 years towards that golden age of 57 that you can retire here......with all the 30 and 40 year guys we got over here.....when they retire you will move up quickly here.......

Stay here...MTA BUS for life!! I show my green pass on the subway, Bus, Long Island RR and have no problem....you got 2 years towards that golden age of 57 that you can retire here......with all the 30 and 40 year guys we got over here.....when they retire you will move up quickly here.......

MTA BUS FOR LIFE,i also dont have any problems showing my greenpass on the bus and subways.:tup:

MTA BUS FOR LIFE,i also dont have any problems showing my greenpass on the bus and subways.:tup:

I'm MTA BUS and I have a green pass also ...Soo what ,I passed that B/O exam in 2003 so what I didn't go .I passed the Train Op exam 100Pct so what ...So now do you really thnk I care with us at MTABus noooo cuz we are Knockoffs and I won't be treated differently due to this so Make your choice and go where its easier for you.

I'm MTA BUS and I have a green pass also ...Soo what ,I passed that B/O exam in 2003 so what I didn't go .I passed the Train Op exam 100Pct so what ...So now do you really thnk I care with us at MTABus noooo cuz we are Knockoffs and I won't be treated differently due to this so Make your choice and go where its easier for you.

Why do you feel like your treated differently? I've never turned down access to a MTA bus B/O , neither have other S/A's or OA/TA B/O's I've seen. And you guys aren't knock offs either. I mean I assume things became somewhat better since the MTA take over of the Private Lines?. I remember visiting my mother when she live in queens and trying to use the green line bus was a nightmare to say the least. No real schedule of any sort. It seemed like the buses just showed whenever they felt like it. And they were always packed beyond belief with people falling out of the front doors damn near.

Why do you feel like your treated differently? I've never turned down access to a MTA bus B/O , neither have other S/A's or OA/TA B/O's I've seen. And you guys aren't knock offs either. I mean I assume things became somewhat better since the MTA take over of the Private Lines?. I remember visiting my mother when she live in queens and trying to use the green line bus was a nightmare to say the least. No real schedule of any sort. It seemed like the buses just showed whenever they felt like it. And they were always packed beyond belief with people falling out of the front doors damn near.

Hey will you'll never understand and the only way you would as if you was MTAB

It's funny too cause we actually have balls at QSC CPT with our Contract ...it's not bad but in the eye of Transit we get looked at very different .We even get Paid more but thats not it will you Understand ...Hey if you was A Bus Op you might have an idea but thats just an Example ...let the others explain cause I'm not the only one who feels like this .

I do have an idea...lets switch passes and see how you get looked at

It's funny too cause we actually have balls at QSC CPT with our Contract ...it's not bad but in the eye of Transit we get looked at very different .We even get Paid more but thats not it will you Understand ...Hey if you was A Bus Op you might have an idea but thats just an Example ...let the others explain cause I'm not the only one who feels like this .

Well I get looked at different by some B/O's sometimes when I bored the bus and flash my pass. Some won't even return a friendly hello back, they just keep looking at the road. Or sometimes when I'm at work in my booth a B/O, C/R or T/O will look at me in the booth and not say anything to me ,except for open the gate. Because lots of operational employees feel they are better than us because the move the people. I don't take any of this to heart because I could careless what anyone thinks. Whenever I see another employee treating someone different I just laugh at them because they are falling into the MTA trap. Me I respect all my follow co-workers regardless of what their title they may be. We all work together to provide a service for the public, and no one job is more important than the other. And you should careless of what some other employee thinks either. Just do your job and make that money man.

I have to agree because there we times when I tried to board the subway and the token booth clerk would not even buzz the gate for me and on one occasion I was running late and the clerk wouldn't let me in so I jumped the turnstile lol. Some bus operators won't even look your way they will literally look out the window the other way. I've even showed my pass and been told w

What is that. Very funny.

I have to agree because there we times when I tried to board the subway and the token booth clerk would not even buzz the gate for me and on one occasion I was running late and the clerk wouldn't let me in so I jumped the turnstile lol. Some bus operators won't even look your way they will literally look out the window the other way. I've even showed my pass and been told w

What is that. Very funny.

Exactly, everyone gets it now and then. I'll even not get let in sometimes by and S/A even after they inspect my pass and read Station Agent AFC on it lol. The way you get treated by another employee highly depends on the person you are dealing with. I once boarded the M86 bus in Manhattan in full uniform and showed my pass to the B/O and while I was walking to the rear of the bus he yelled over the mic for me to come back and show him my pass because he didn't know who I was. I showed it to him again and he demanded I dip my pass in the fare box. I just take situations like that, like a grain of salt. They happen few and far, so I don't make a big deal when they do happen.

LoL whats funny is i was coming from work today and the B/O on the M60 looked at me with this funny face then looked out the window after i said hi,but hay it is what it is.

I would suggest you do what is best for you. Sure, there are benefits to going over to OA, but there is only little difference. Soon enough, BC (Bus Co.) will operate similar to how OA does now in relation to NYC Transit.

Right now you can pick into depots from Brooklyn, The Bronx, and Queens. If you head over to OA, you will be limited to The Bronx and Manhattan. (Not including 126th Street Depot)

Be sure to weigh the pros and cons before making your decision.

Many drivers are treated differently by their MTA counterparts. You have a lot of NYCT personnel with this elitist "Better Than Bus Company" attitude. They have on occasion denied BC's green passes on both the bus, and at subway stations. There is a culture between the two that is not completely integrated yet. It's really sad. Some MTA personnel really do treat BC guys like they are cheap knock-offs.

The whole "not speaking" issue just reflects each individuals character..... Of lack there of.....

Most B/O's and S/A's cross-honor all MTA passes, as they should.

And yes you are right Will, most all MTABC operations have improved over their private line predecessors. New buses, increased and/or enhanced service and reliability. The upcoming introduction of artics in Queens will be a major step forward as well.

Now that MTA will no longer have to operate LIB, I would expect major integration between BC/OA/TA.

The next major project in the works, is replacing all the bus radio systems. NYCT/MTAB dispatch will be combined, and located at the Command Center in East New York.

This will officially begin the "semi-merger" between the two divisions. Legally they will still be separate for a while, but in terms of operations they will become virtually identical one day.

For example, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or need scheduling information about MTA Bus, you are now directed to contact NYCT.

In a way, it already started.....

I would suggest you do what is best for you. Sure, there are benefits to going over to OA, but there is only little difference. Soon enough, BC (Bus Co.) will operate similar to how OA does now in relation to NYC Transit.

Right now you can pick into depots from Brooklyn, The Bronx, and Queens. If you head over to OA, you will be limited to The Bronx and Manhattan. (Not including 126th Street Depot)

Be sure to weigh the pros and cons before making your decision.

Many drivers are treated differently by their MTA counterparts. You have a lot of NYCT personnel with this elitist "Better Than Bus Company" attitude. They have on occasion denied BC's green passes on both the bus, and at subway stations. There is a culture between the two that is not completely integrated yet. It's really sad. Some MTA personnel really do treat BC guys like they are cheap knock-offs.

The whole "not speaking" issue just reflects each individuals character..... Of lack there of.....

Most B/O's and S/A's cross-honor all MTA passes, as they should.

And yes you are right Will, most all MTABC operations have improved over their private line predecessors. New buses, increased and/or enhanced service and reliability. The upcoming introduction of artics in Queens will be a major step forward as well.

Now that MTA will no longer have to operate LIB, I would expect major integration between BC/OA/TA.

The next major project in the works, is replacing all the bus radio systems. NYCT/MTAB dispatch will be combined, and located at the Command Center in East New York.

This will officially begin the "semi-merger" between the two divisions. Legally they will still be separate for a while, but in terms of operations they will become virtually identical one day.

For example, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or need scheduling information about MTA Bus, you are now directed to contact NYCT.

In a way, it already started.....

Speak on bro,Speak on at the end of the day,i will still treat B/O subway and ect with respect and say hi weather they like it or not. Its not all TA/OA/subway that acts if we at MTA BUS is trash.As i was line training on the Q39 the TA B/O that came on my bus that was from grand av was very respectful,and was also giving me some tips on to stay out of troble during my year probo.And i have not had any problems on the subways,but they do act like they dont want to let me in that gate sometimes lol.They give me that look,after i go in i wave and they look and just turn their heads,i just lol in my head just like how that B/O did to me today when i was coming home today. Hey ENY find out if they remodeling LGA DEPOT:tup:

Archived