the line with the most farebeaters is....

akkuma2k

the M35 to randalls island...they just walk on the front of the bus like they don't even see the driver of the fare box

Well that shouldn't be shocking... I'm wondering if that line has a lot of violence? I mean I can't imagine a bus going to a prison, although I believe the S74 goes by a Correctional Facility and the S55 apparently goes there too. :eek:

Well that shouldn't be shocking... I'm wondering if that line has a lot of violence? I mean I can't imagine a bus going to a prison, although I believe the S74 goes by a Correctional Facility and the S55 apparently goes there too. :eek:

That's right. The 55, 74, & (84) are SI's Oz routes. The Big House is kind of an odd place for a bus terminal if you think about it. Not exactly beer'n'stibbles.

You're thinking of Rikers Island, and that's served by the Q100

You're thinking of Rikers Island, and that's served by the Q100

You're right. LOL... I've got my islands mixed up. B) So then what's with Randall's Island that everyone farebeats??? :confused: I don't believe there are any housing projects or are there??

without being disrespectful to any particular group which line do you think has the most farebeaters, attempted farebeaters stories, shortdrops etc ? i had heard it was the b60 is that true?

B46... easily...

B35, 60, 41 isn't far behind....

all Brooklyn routes; go figure....

^^ that, in my opinion, of course......

--------------

- @ Rikers, you can't farebeat on the Q100 b/c of how bus boarding procedures is setup...

You (as a waiting passenger) are waiting between 2 gates.... there's a primary gate you head towards, as you pass the main bldg... then there's a second gate (b/w you & the bus, itself) where a security guard is standing...

The guard does not open that secondary gate until a Q100 pulls right up at the curbside.... and it only leads to the front doors of the bus.... This is only for people leaving by bus....

(yes, bus passengers are treated like prisoners just WAITING for it)

If you come by car, you walk right out the main bldg & head towards the parking lot....

- Arthur Kill facility w/ the S74 & 55 is far different.... once you leave the facility/premises, you can walk around as freely as you (as a passenger) wants, until the bus comes....

Same thing w/ the (NJT) 40 & northern state prison (although there isn't really anywhere to walk to, as you're bound b/w a slew of RR trackage, a highway, and industry)

B46... easily...

B35, 60, 41 isn't far behind....

all Brooklyn routes; go figure....

^^ that, in my opinion, of course......

--------------

@ Rikers, you can't farebeat on the Q100 b/c of how bus boarding procedures is setup...

You (as a waiting passenger) are between 2 gates.... there's a primary gate you enter, as heading towards the bus stop... then there's a second gate where a security guard standing b/w you & that primary gate.....

That secondary gate does not open until a Q100 pulls right up at the curbside.... and it only leads to the front doors of the bus....

(yes, the visitors are treated like prisoners just WAITING for the bus)

Arthur Kill facility w/ the S74 & 55 is far different.... once you leave the facility/premises, you can walk around as freely as you (as a passenger) wants, until the bus comes....

Same thing w/ the (NJT) 40 & northern state prison (although there isn't really anywhere to walk to, as you're bound b/w a slew of RR trackage, a highway, and industry)

Interesting... I actually went to Rikers as a kid. We were taken there on a class trip as sort of a "this is what happens if you go to jail lesson" and man that place is insane. They took all of us to an open cell and locked us in there for a few minutes so that we could see what it felt like. Talk about feeling claustrophobic. :eek: Then a few prisoners talked to us. All I kept thinking about was God, please don't let a riot break out in this damn place with me stuck in it. If I recall correctly my mother decided to come as well, not that that made me feel any safer, especially considering how young I was at the time. LOL There was this one crazy black guy locked up in the looney part of the jail I guess. He kept walking around and making tons of noise. :eek:

You're right. LOL... I've got my islands mixed up. B) So then what's with Randall's Island that everyone farebeats??? :confused: I don't believe there are any housing projects or are there??

it has a homeless shelter and a psyc ward. Mta doesnt care about the fare beating on that line though because they claim its federally funded, but sometimes undercover cops will be on your bus and stop you in the middle of the route and round up all the fare beaters and put them in the police van following the bus. Its real funny when a doctor is among the people that gets caught with the homeless guys not paying.

it has a homeless shelter and a psyc ward. Mta doesnt care about the fare beating on that line though because they claim its federally funded, but sometimes undercover cops will be on your bus and stop you in the middle of the route and round up all the fare beaters and put them in the police van following the bus. Its real funny when a doctor is among the people that gets caught with the homeless guys not paying.

LOL!

Randall's island is comprised of psych wards & bums/homeless.....

few times I rode the M35 loop (don't know if you can do that anymore).... I commend any b/o that drives that route... they are worse than rambunctious schoolkids at times.... and I'm not just referring to just the boisterousness....

Interesting... I actually went to Rikers as a kid. We were taken there on a class trip as sort of a "this is what happens if you go to jail lesson" and man that place is insane. They took all of us to an open cell and locked us in there for a few minutes so that we could see what it felt like. Talk about feeling claustrophobic. :eek: Then a few prisoners talked to us. All I kept thinking about was God, please don't let a riot break out in this damn place with me stuck in it. If I recall correctly my mother decide to come as well, not that that made me feel any safer, especially considering how young I was at the time. LOL There was this one crazy black guy locked up in the looney part of the jail I guess. He kept walking around and making tons of noise. :eek:

I've visited rikers enough (driving there, or taking the (7) - Q101R (at the time) combo) to share the information I just did...

Never for family (thank god), but for friends..... one of which is still sittin in there AFAIK (long story I don't wanna get into)...

lol @ your story though... kinda sorta reminds me of the scared straight documentary (the original, not that weak *expletive* remake)....

Fare beating eh, I rode the (M15) +Select+ a few times and sometimes had one or two people pulled out of the bus for not having a receipt ready for display when requested.

As for regular local/limited buses...

Seen a few on the (B11)(B46)(B49) and (B68)

I had B/Os not allow a person to go in on the (B1) (B2) and (B3) because he/she didn't pay the fare on time.

I've seen some arguments on the (M3) and (M5) buses over the fare, because the B/O's claimed they didn't pay enough for the bus...they finally found some extra change to make up for the difference because their Metro Card didn't have enough fare in it.

I think it happens more frequently than people think, including myself.

I just wish B/Os had more means to defend themselves just in case arguments over bus fares turn violent.

Randall's island is comprised of psych wards & bums/homeless.....

I've visited rikers enough (driving there, or taking the (7) - Q101R (at the time) combo) to share the information I just did...

Never for family (thank god), but for friends..... one of which is still sittin in there AFAIK (long story I don't wanna get into)...

lol @ your story though... kinda sorta reminds me of the scared straight documentary (the original, not that weak *expletive* remake)....

LOL... Yeah, I know, it was a long time ago and in fact I can't even remember how we got there, but I think it was with a school bus. I just remember it taking a long time to get into the place.

Does anybody want to add the (Q46) because I see the school kids farebeat on buses along with Adults mostly Kew Gardens bound. Couple of weeks ago I was on the (Q46) & there was a hella lot of farebeating @ almost half the route.

It's not up there w/ the aforementioned SI & Brooklyn routes, and the M35.... but yeh, those prep students that take that bus, aint slick either... they hop the back just as much as the quote-unquote (in their eyes) lesser privileged kids too !

The Q100 is the one bus route I will NEVER photograph.

Not even on the corner of Jackson av / 42nd road (first pickup stop)....

the eff happens over there you gotta be worried about?

Y'all are focusing on Brooklyn and SI but the Bronx has some bad ones too. The Bx19, Bx41, the Bx12 SBS are pretty bad. Basically any route that has an artic on it has a bad case of fare evasion. Some spots are bad too like Gun Hill Rd and White Plains Rd on the Bx28. Bx30 and Bx38. Some of them fools in that neighborhood have no kind of shame on them. It's all wrong and they need to be caught and fined like no one's business.

You're missing the point. I hate what it represents.

Oh I get the point.

Instead of being sarcastic & nasty about how petty I think you're being with that....

I was simply listing a point along the route where you aint gotta worry all that much about "what it represents"....

Y'all are focusing on Brooklyn and SI but the Bronx has some bad ones too. The Bx19, Bx41, the Bx12 SBS are pretty bad. Basically any route that has an artic on it has a bad case of fare evasion. Some spots are bad too like Gun Hill Rd and White Plains Rd on the Bx28. Bx30 and Bx38. Some of them fools in that neighborhood have no kind of shame on them. It's all wrong and they need to be caught and fined like no one's business.

I would be humbled that buses in my borough were being left out.... especially in a topic about farebeating....

I don't disagree w/ the routes you list, though....

Those are some of the routes as well, but I would be willing to bet the farm that the B46 tops all.

Oh I get the point.

Instead of being sarcastic & nasty about how petty I think you're being with that....

I was simply listing a point along the route where you aint gotta worry all that much about "what it represents"....

I would be humbled that buses in my borough were being left out.... especially in a topic about farebeating....

I don't disagree w/ the routes you list, though....

LOL I wish I didn't have to name any of them believe me.

Those are some of the routes as well, but I would be willing to bet the farm that the B46 tops all.

Man NOTHING beats the B46. You will not see me try to argue with you about THAT. LOL

B46 hands down, I even done it myself a few times in HS when I had a half-fare metrocard

B44

M15 +Select (if you catch it after like 9 pm, there no inspectors at all so in a weay you can go from South Ferry to East Harlem for free)

Q50

S44

S40

B41

B35

Just a couple of points:

Any line that serves a school is going to have a lot of farebeating during school hours (especially in the afternoon), so you have to take that into consideraton.

I think a better way of measuring farebeating is as a percentage, rather than as a raw number. According to an article I read (I think it was after the Edwin Thomas incident), the B46 gets roughly 3,000 farebeaters per day, but its total ridership is over 50,000.

B46 hands down, I even done it myself a few times in HS when I had a half-fare metrocard

B44

M15 +Select (if you catch it after like 9 pm, there no inspectors at all so in a weay you can go from South Ferry to East Harlem for free)

Q50

S44

S40

B41

B35

It makes sense that they wouldn't have any inspections at night, since there are fewer farebeaters (as a raw number), so there is less money to be gained in fines.

I don't think the S40 and S44 have that many farebeaters. I think the S46 and S48 have more.

Archived