Your opinions on Greg Mocker

Nexis4Jersey

I stared at Jodi Applegate's legs for a few of the newscasts...then I heard her talk and realized she's a complete airhead. Out of the whole hour, only about 15 minutes of it is actual news. They even replaced Sal Marciano because he's "too old". The sports coverage sucks. Ironically, the closest thing to news is Kaity Tong's two minute segment from Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I hate the Lionel segments.

Totally agree about Jodi, weekends are better without that airhead. She should've stayed on News 12, she was a "good fit" there.

She made a snide remark after that report that I was involved in too. Pretty much fed up with TV news and have been getting my news more from the net and RTAmerica.

ahem....

(from:http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=404879#post404879)

---------------

LMAO @ your reply there... not at you, but the content (for once)....

Nowwwwwww it dawns on you.

Tried to tell you he was full of it, a few months back.... but you were too stuck on cloud 9 to consider any of it, and even deeming that post of mine, a threat to your person... as laughable as that all was....

Look homeboy, TV personalities are all alike; it aint about one person (or a collective group of people's) problems.... You think you mattered that day, but as cold as this may sound, you wadn't a blip on his radar.... They're all about THEIR image (and are damn good at "fake sympathy"... reality TV shows are full of people like that... lol).... and as long as he's gettin paid to do a job, he's not gonna break kayfabe to attempt to truly satisfy some somebody....

Even if it's something He, Himself believes is unfair, unjust, or flat out wrong.

That's TV land for ya..... He's not a "traitor", b/c he never seriously cared about LIB in the first place (I picked up on that, the minute I noticed his demeanor in that video where he spent part of the day with you).... Two-faced would be a more appropriate term...

...Which is one of the main reasons why I would never want to meet any TV personality.... they're all wolves in sheep's clothing.... and my eyes are the shears.

Yeah Two-faced is a better word to describe Greg Mocker. You're right, I should've realized what was going on, then maybe I could've had a stronger presence in that interview. Sometimes I dont see the big picture (pardon the pun) and was just happy to be interviewed about the LIB situation, not knowing it was more about Mocker using his image and not about helping Long Island Bus. It didn't come apparent to me until I saw his lack of presence at the Hofstra hearing, the rallies, and now this latest situation with Mangano saying he has the money for buses but would rather spend it on a pool and a new coliseum.

I won't be interviewed by any reporter again, you are right, they are all two-faced. There was a time when news reporting was serious business but now it's all a popularity contest.:P

I don't believe that....

The fact that they air too much city related news, is ya boy Pinepower's argument....

you just added NJ, CT, and Westchester to it come on here & say, nah anhh, you're wrong...

(What a terrible attempt @ CT)

He has more of a case than you do, and I still don't think our news stations should cover LI news....

Who the hell tunes into a NY news station, for Westchester & CT local news... And an argument can be made that channel 9's shows too much NJ related news....

That's how I know you're full of it.

We all share the same News / Radio market , so we should get = coverage..... I think the more interesting news happens outside NYC. The only New stories that the NYC Market covers outside NYC is negative , like shootings in Urban Jersey , or the corruption in White Plains. Where's are positive news? I rarely watch Channel 9 ,the News has gotten so negative in this Region that i'm starting to watch other cities. Like Boston , which focuses on the whole region not just Boston , same with Philly and DC and Toronto. There news also balances the Negative and Positive News unlike this region. And no this had nothing to do with Pinepower , so you can STFU.....sounds like your obsessing over him , hes a troubled Ill man who munches of the Tax Payers...:mad:

We all share the same News / Radio market , so we should get = coverage..... I think the more interesting news happens outside NYC. The only New stories that the NYC Market covers outside NYC is negative , like shootings in Urban Jersey , or the corruption in White Plains. Where's are positive news? I rarely watch Channel 9 ,the News has gotten so negative in this Region that i'm starting to watch other cities. Like Boston , which focuses on the whole region not just Boston , same with Philly and DC and Toronto. There news also balances the Negative and Positive News unlike this region. And no this had nothing to do with Pinepower , so you can STFU.....sounds like your obsessing over him , hes a troubled Ill man who munches of the Tax Payers...:mad:

No one wants to feel like their intentions were so easily figured out.... that explains the little stfu's & your out of the blue dissin of the guy.... We know you're good w/ talkin out of your ass anyway, so it's all good.... This is yet another prime example of it....

For starters, when the hell has TV news been anymore positive than negative.... People aint gonna turn it to the news if it's nothin but positive isht being aired (as sad as it is, but it is what it is)... Negative news get more views, point blank period.....

...and the rambling on about Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, & D.C. is all it is - rambling... Far as being part of the same market & gettin equal coverage; do you have any idea how long the "10 o'clock" news would be, if they were to cram all the daily happenings within the tri-state area on it.... NY-ers would be complaining about too much CT & NJ related news... NJ folks would complain over too much CT & NY news.... CT would raise a funk over too much NY & NJ related news.... Guaranteed....

It's enough that our channel 2/4/5/7/9/11 news have to cover the happenings of the 5 boroughs, plus a very limited amount of major world news... You think it was an accident news 12 came out & segmented their news into separate boroughs, plus NJ, LI, & CT..... You think enough people care about local news of other regions? Really now.....

Keep local news, LOCAL.

Yeah Two-faced is a better word to describe Greg Mocker. You're right, I should've realized what was going on, then maybe I could've had a stronger presence in that interview. Sometimes I dont see the big picture (pardon the pun) and was just happy to be interviewed about the LIB situation, not knowing it was more about Mocker using his image and not about helping Long Island Bus. It didn't come apparent to me until I saw his lack of presence at the Hofstra hearing, the rallies, and now this latest situation with Mangano saying he has the money for buses but would rather spend it on a pool and a new coliseum.

I won't be interviewed by any reporter again, you are right, they are all two-faced. There was a time when news reporting was serious business but now it's all a popularity contest.:P

Hey Pine hey don't diss all news reporters. I used to be one (seriously).

Worked at the Queens Ledger for '2' years after college.

Being fair it's the bigger news outlets i.e the Local or National TV reporters from Fox, NBC, CBS or ABC and of course CH.11 in NYC that are probably 'two-faced.' Their job is to senationalize and turn into as much a 'tv show' as possible. In LI honestly most of the residents there use cars.

However in NYC a majority use the subway or bus. That why the budget cuts in the '5' boros' got much more attention. In general reporters from a smaller newspaper are much more likely to 'tell it like it is' honestly than someone from the NY Daily News or Ch.2, 4, 5, 7 and 11.

Just wanted to make it for the record.:eek:

For the record, PIX 11 News sucks ass today. I would watch it occasionally with Kaity and Jim but now with the format it uses, it's unwatchable. Hell even the ads for the News at 10 on the subway is laughable. It's crazy how everyone in that ad is dressed all serious and here comes Jodi Applegate in a low cut blouse and jeans. Really? REALLY?! Oh and the reporters look like they at a party, not serious. Now why would I watch that and take them seriously (Greg Mocker who the thread is about being one if them)? I'll watch everything BUT Channel 11.

Greg Mocker and the weather is the only thing I wanna watch in the Pix 11 news!

Still, I haven't seen Debra Affrone (or whatever) for a while. SHE IS HOT! I like the old newscast better. Its just Kaity and Jim and Peter and some other lady I forgot her name on weekends. Now all I like is the weekends with Jim Watkins.

Now the guy is complaining about hot subway stations. I thought I was a complainer....geesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdbXVISISk

Meanwhile Arnold Diaz was reporting more important stuff, like how the new LIRR/MNRR ticket policy 2 week expiration policy is ripping off riders, many not noticing the fine print. But we all know its outside the city so Mocker could care less.

Since Mocker is so in love with the city, if he ever comes out here and breaks down at the side of the road in that white SUV of his, in the Pine Barrens, say along Rt.25 in Ridge, if I'm behind of the wheel of the bus he gets dusted...since he dont care about LI he can sit an hour in the heat!

Or even better down in Jersey, where citiots like Mocker are on the JD's menu...

LI BUS DRIVERS...DONT PICK UP THIS GUY!

dontpickupmocker.jpg

Archived