R32 Phase I

R32 3838

What do you think is going to happen to the Phase I R32's in the future, What do you think?

I think that the R32 phsae I cars are going to stay for 3-7 more years and I think they should stay for a while longer and scrap the R44, what's the point of fixing up R44's and their frames are rusting.

The R32s future is getting reefed like every other SMEE car class with RAILFAN WINDOWS. The phase I R32s will be retired as 160/179s hit queens blvd in 2009 - 2010 as the (E)(F)(V) and (R) lines will be 100% NTT. While the R46s will live their last days on the (A) and (C) lines. And the MTA is rebuilding the R44s so they can last until 2015 and get retired the same time as the R46.

You never know What can happen, The MTA is losing money the last time I heard and They have to wait to purchase new subway cars and I do not think option order II and the R179 order is done yet so nobody can not predict the future just yet.

You never know What can happen, The MTA is losing money the last time I heard and They have to wait to purchase new subway cars and I do not think option order II and the R179 order is done yet so nobody can not predict the future just yet.

The R32 is expected to retire around 2010 when the R160B/R179 orders are being delivered. With the money issues, miraculously the MTA is saying they got more money from the government and from the West Side Railyards to complete the projects planned in their 5-year Capital Plan.

R46's on the A line??? you gotta be kidding me!

the R46's should be on a slow local line like the C or W not a fast express line like the A!

they won't even pass 35 in the rockaway area between JFK and broad channel

What do you think is going to happen to the Phase I R32's in the future, What do you think?

I think that the R32 phsae I cars are going to stay for 3-7 more years and I think they should stay for a while longer and scrap the R44, what's the point of fixing up R44's and their frames are rusting.

In my opinion, 10 cars of each type will be preserved at the museum

R32

R38

R40

R40 Modified

R40

The Museum train will look like this if they used all the different cars

two R32's

two R38's

two R42 cars in the middle

two R40M's

two R40 Slant cars at the end.

That would be great for a fan trip. Many (B) riders would enjoy that trip since the R40's are only on the (B)

R46's on the A line??? you gotta be kidding me!

the R46's should be on a slow local line like the C or W not a fast express line like the A!

It's gonna happen...

Yeah, that explains perfectly why they reach speeds of above 50 mph many times everyrday in the 60th Street tunnel, right?

And over 40 mph (at least before the roadbed work) on the Queens Blvd express, right?

Yeah, that explains perfectly why they reach speeds of above 50 mph many times everyrday in the 60th Street tunnel, right?

And over 40 mph (at least before the roadbed work) on the Queens Blvd express, right?

He's a hater. That's why.

I know. I learned that the hard way over at RD...

That reminds me, I haven't been there in the longest of time.

And thats where we actually met error or saw the bad side of him for the first time. Good times when he got flamed there and badly.

That reminds me, I haven't been there in the longest of time.

And thats where we actually met error or saw the bad side of him for the first time. Good times when he got flamed there and badly.

I've been on there regularly since last June. I'm on nearly every day.

Archived