Do you like the R142? (Not R142A)

R188 7857

I HATE R142's!!!

1. The front LED, as you see suck.

2. The subway cars are always looking dirty!

3. The subway car's interiors have less room than R62/A's/R142A's.

My opinions :

1. The propusion sucks.

2. They look ugly.

Well, what do you think?

Yes, I like the R142, smooth ride and the HVAC is on point. :cool:

142As are cool peoples as well, I wish they didn't buck as much though, then again the bucking is nice in the sense that it reminds me of the awesome redbirds they replaced, I miss them man, ugh, now that I think about it....

10h0qo6.jpg

I like them Bombs they're ugly on the face compared to the R142A and their HVAC's are loud as heck! But they're a decent class.

If you guys really look at the R142A and the 142 on the face you can see there is a different the 142A has kind of like a slight smile.Compare the two I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the difference on the face.

i for one love the 142s they arent dirty where i am they run smooth when the t/o does it rite fyi the bucking is only because the t/o doesnt let the air go rite, i love the announcements and the LED in the front is fine with me oh and the AC is always good, if you ask me there is not much you can say is wrong with it

Other than the company who made them and some minor technical differences, they're the SAME EXACT THING!!!!

Its like comparing a red delicious apple to a granny smith apple. You can spend years counting the differences but it all comes down to its still an apple

:lock::lock::lock:

Foamer-A railfan, particularly one whose enthusiasm appears excessive.

Why must you always accuse people of foaming when they're clearly not? He was asking a direct question. It's not like he went "OMG t3h r142 is crap cos of the LED so teh other is more better." Last time I checked...

Expressing Opinion ≠ Foaming

Unless he starts preaching his opinion to others like it's "the right opinion", then he's a foamer.

Other than the company who made them and some minor technical differences, they're the SAME EXACT THING!!!!

Its like comparing a red delicious apple to a granny smith apple. You can spend years counting the differences but it all comes down to its still an apple

:lock::lock::lock:

And no, don't lock. Though it may not seem like it, this thread is legitimate. I like R142A's way better for a number of reasons, and in this thread people can express why they feel which fleet is better.

Minor tech differences?

-Different propulsion

-Different front LED/Side destination side style

-A shinier coat of metal

-Different internal speakers

And for the record, Granny Smiths taste sweeter and are more sour than a red delicious.

Archived