New Transfer at Court Square

Guest MTA Bus

Guest MTA Bus

For those of you who don't know, the new transfer between the (7) and the (E),(M), & (G) at Court Square offically opens tomorrow, June 3rd, 2011.

For those of you who don't know, the new transfer between the (7) and the (E),(M), & (G) at Court Square offically opens tomorrow, June 3rd, 2011.

Yeah! About damn time.:tup:

Sounds like Citibank being hard A@ses in their talks with the (MTA). At least now (7) riders now got a transfer to/from the (E)(M) and (G) without having to brave the weather in brutal cold or hot temps.

This trip was the last subway trip with my Flip video camera! It has now completly stopped working. I am expecting to get a new Camera by June 28.

Anyway, I will upload the videos & pictures later. The connection doesn't seem that special. Actually, its pretty short. Just 1 escalator ride.

This trip was the last subway trip with my Flip video camera! It has now completly stopped working. I am expecting to get a new Camera by June 28.

Anyway, I will upload the videos & pictures later. The connection doesn't seem that special. Actually, its pretty short. Just 1 escalator ride.

At least the transfer point between the (7) and (E)(G)(M) isn't a maze like some transfer points.

Have not been there yet. From pics here that statement is true.

Was there today -- definitely not a maze compared to other transfers, Especially considering distance.

Guest lance25
There's worse. There's always Fulton St. :)

I feel sorry for the fool who uses Fulton St to transfer between the Lexington and Seventh Avenue lines. I make that unfortunate mistake when I first started taking the subway. Never again. While I didn't get lost or anything, my feet were bone-tired after all that up and down crap.

I feel sorry for the fool who uses Fulton St to transfer between the Lexington and Seventh Avenue lines. I make that unfortunate mistake when I first started taking the subway. Never again. While I didn't get lost or anything, my feet were bone-tired after all that up and down crap.

That walk will most certainly get you into shape if you need to use that transfer.

I presume that transfer will get easier with the new transportation center.

Anyway, it's great to have the new transfer done ((7)/(E)/(G)/(M)), which is LONG overdue.

courtsquare.jpg

(MTA) - A new transfer links the G Line at Long Island City-Court Square with the Court Square Station on the 7 line and the Court Square-23rd Street Station on the E and M lines.

A ribbon-cutting ceremony this week marked the expansion of the Court Square Subway Station Complex to include a more convenient transfer option for Queens riders. This transfer is projected to benefit approximately 20,000 customers each weekday significantly impacting a growing residential area. A major part of the project was Citigroup's construction of a direct enclosed free transfer between the Court Square 7 and Long Island City-Court Square Stations on the E, G and M. Customers no longer need to leave the system and re-enter with their MetroCards to make this transfer.

Click here for full details.

Archived