CTA Rail photos

Northsider

Here are some random photos I have taken recently. Enjoy!

From 18th Street Pink Line Station

DSC_0065.jpg

The last Blue Line train to depart from 54th/Cermak. The service has been discontinued.

DSC_0077.jpg

Blue Line descending into the subway tunnel at Paulina/Milwaukee

DSC_0036.jpg

View of the Milwaukee L from the alley

DSC_0028.jpg

Damen Stop

DSC_0026.jpg

From the Damen inbound platform

DSC_0023.jpg

From the ped-walk at Ashland and Lake Green Line L Station

DSC_0057.jpg

Hello Pink!

DSC_0052.jpg

Clinton Green Line Station

00002.jpg

Great Shots! Those platforms look really narrow.

Indeed. On the old stations, like the Damen stop above, the platforms are really narrow, sometimes only a few feet. The newer stations and rebuilt stations have much wider platforms to conform to ADA and such.

Thanks for the feedback, I really like taking b/w pictures. Very cool about your novel n-trizzy. Why did you choose Chicago as the setting?

Well I love Chicago even though I'm a full blooded New Yorker. I wanted to do something in the heart of America and Chicago was the answer. It has a large subway system, it's very multi-racial, and it home to many crossover styles. Hope that answers you're question.

Well I love Chicago even though I'm a full blooded New Yorker. I wanted to do something in the heart of America and Chicago was the answer. It has a large subway system, it's very multi-racial, and it home to many crossover styles. Hope that answers you're question.

Sure does. I know what you mean because one of my friends is from NYC...but we only have about 11 miles of subway, the rest are at grade, elevated, or in the highway median. B) He calls everything the subway, whereas we call everything the 'L', even if it's underground.

Archived