Do You Own a Car?

checkmatechamp13

Little secret guys.

Had to sell my '95 Chevy Lumina last month(May)as transmission got blown out. Got only $400 for the parts though selling it through craigslist. Would have costed me at $2,500 (or more)to fix it, more than the total value of the car that about $1,000 in 'descent' condition.

No doubt after owning it for 3-plus years the brutal winter of 2011 was a big factor why she died.

Right now using car pools to work(my last day of school year is June 20 unless I get called for graduation) the Dutchess County Loop, Metro North and of course local overpriced taxis up here.

During July4th and maybe a weekend in August plan to rent a car.

About to save up again and get another 'baby' hopefully by end of summer.

Looking at mid size cars w/ at most 100g in mileage like Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata or a Buick Century from say '99-2004 in the $2-3,000 grand range.

If your budget is just 2-3k then expect to shell out money for repairs down the road.

Buying used is the way to go but you get what you pay for in most cases. Good to hear

that nobody owns or leases a new vehicle.

lol, well KR, you could drive over to Jersey and fill up your cars there. basically wait till you have 1/4 tank left and fill'er up on the other side of the Holland tunnel. That's what my dad does.

As for me, I don't own a car, but I have a driver's license. but I haven't really driven in a while. I only take over for my dad if it's a long trip [few states away sorts]. License is really more for general id use - gamble or buy beer.

I've been meaning to make this post for a while.

Our mass transit system is one of the best in the nation, and as a result, we have the highest percentage of autoless households of any major U.S. city.

So out of curiosity, out of the members here, who owns a car? If not, do you plan on getting one, or have you ever owned one?

I'm 16 and I plan on getting my drivers' license, but I plan on having it just in case the need to drive ever comes up (if a relative suddenly needs to get somewhere fast, like God-forbid a hospital). However, once I live on my own, the only thing I could picture realistically using it for is if, for some reason I need it for employment.

You never know if/when you'll have to drive somewhere &/or drive someone else someplace, especially in/for medical situations & reasons. And it's true that some employers &/or places of work may only be accessible by driving there. Especially in other parts of the state, country, etc et al.

The sad thing is, between the state of the roads & the abundant bad driving and bad drivers, Staten Island leaves much to be desired as far as driving is concerned. You're not missing much on SI not having a driver's license, except pot holes, Lunar terrained streets, drivers dangerously passing you on the right & mindlessly doing other dangerous things.

Aside from SI's numerous driving irritations & aggravations, having the license is still prudent.

lmao @ Lunar terrained streets !!!

That is the truth. Before I moved to NJ my LS took a major beating for constant driving in and around the 5 boros. One time I had 2 flat tires within 48hrs. The tire shop near the Wendys on Boston Rd gave me discounts cause I was there so much. It is really like driving on the Moon around the 5 boros. My car was happy to drive on nice roads here in nj.

The Cross Bronx Expressway you need a Mars Rover to drive that shyt.

Those black headlight tints....how do they perform at night? They look hot in the daytime tho.

I had this idea to turn this Truck all black and I'm half way done ,I love these HEADLIGHT covers yes KR goes with Covers ...For good reason ,One would be they look better then Tint and 2 when I wanna different look ...BaMMMM They come off for a different look :)

I want to turn my Interior all black and a get a RPB grille for the front ...yes HID's look good for me at nightkr6273.jpg

I believe it's a 26 gallon tank in the F-150, the suspension lift kit

is cool, I prefer a high ride height myself.

My F250 SD has a 26 gallon tank but my Excursion has a whopping 44 gal.so yes that fill up is about 150plus.

Lifted Locomotion is the only way I roll and I shall lift that X when the time is right...6"is good enough

A CDL gives one the power to drive a greater range of vehicles. Also be fun to drive a train, pilot a helicopter, operate a boat, & fly a plane.

If anybody wants it all they have to do is Study and be Driven,Thus the goods you shall get but hey don't think for a minute me and the rest of the people ...WE all bust are asses to get what we have and I mean torture we go through so yeahhh I know I earned what I have.

I had this idea to turn this Truck all black and I'm half way done ,I love these HEADLIGHT covers yes KR goes with Covers ...For good reason ,One would be they look better then Tint and 2 when I wanna different look ...BaMMMM They come off for a different look :)

I want to turn my Interior all black and a get a RPB grille for the front ...yes HID's look good for me at nightkr6273.jpg

I was thinking about painting my LS black but I have an itch for a bright lime green or a cherry red. If I go cherry red im putting red window tints on all the windows...Lol i know very illegal hahaha but its my car n I pay my taxes lol. HIDS ALL THE WAY!!!

• 7 years later...

Archived