NJ Transit Nabi 5828 On The 1 And 5804 On The 25

AWESOME pics man. Glad to hear the NABIs are up to 5828 though. I was just about to post a topic about seeing 5826 on the 37 on my way home. Yu beat me to it tho. lol

lmao there actually up to 5831 and i saw that same 5826 on the 1 ;)

Really?! Wow, those NABI transits are coming in fast! Which means the Nova "A"s are going away fast, as well. Soon enough, we'll be seeing NABIs on the Orange garage routes like the 94, 5, 21, and the 11. ;)

Really?! Wow, those NABI transits are coming in fast! Which means the Nova "A"s are going away fast, as well. Soon enough, we'll be seeing NABIs on the Orange garage routes like the 94, 5, 21, and the 11. ;)

yes and i was on it to :cool: and there next after Meadowlands i think and don't forget the 28-29-92-93-96 and 97 haha

Oh yea i forgot about Meadowlands. lol Their delivery should be pretty quick though, since they only run Novas on the 83, 84, 85, 86 and 89. And i dont think their Nova fleet is as big as Hilton/Orange either. I'm kinda sad to see the Novas start to go though..today I saw 3 NABI's lined up back to back, all on the 25 going to Maplewood. That really made me realize that the Nova RTS era is slowly coming to a close..;)

Meadowlands uses Novas on anything: all the 80's, 123, 125, 126, (128 if no MCI's are available), and 166 (if no MCI's are available - cuz I've done it!)

By the end of this year, if not by Spring 2012, Nova A are BYE BYE BYE.

sucks for me i don't go to that area i sure as hell would love to see it on those line haha :cool:

Meadowlands uses Novas on anything: all the 80's, 123, 125, 126, (128 if no MCI's are available), and 166 (if no MCI's are available - cuz I've done it!)

By the end of this year, if not by Spring 2012, Nova A are BYE BYE BYE.

well not all 80s lol 80 81 87 is all nabi and 88 is full nova

Really?! Wow, those NABI transits are coming in fast! Which means the Nova "A"s are going away fast, as well. Soon enough, we'll be seeing NABIs on the Orange garage routes like the 94, 5, 21, and the 11. :P

The 94 is a Hilton/Orange route and since Hilton mainly runs the 94, The 5800 series may make to the 94 faster than you think

well not all 80s lol 80 81 87 is all nabi and 88 is full nova

Well, I meant the 80's that Meadowlands do: 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, & 89. The catch is weekends, the supervisor at Mead wants NABIS only on the 83, 84, 85, 86, and 89 (82 doesn't run on weekends). Same thing for the 123, 125, and 126.

The NABI's touch screen destination sign machine sucks IMO. If I need to do a 166, I can't punch it in as the bus was really used for transit purposes, not MCI purposes. I have to open the hatch in the bus, where the bus number is located at and where the operator has to place his/her nameplate at, to get to the regular luminator destination sign machine, similar to MCI's and NOVA's to change the bus route if I have to do a emergency route (166, 167, 190, etc), and I have done it before on a NABI. The bus won't announce the route too, which sucks because it can get me into hot water. I wish the speak easy was the same as the NOVA B's, MCI's, and Neoplans. Then I don't have to worry about it. The good thing is the bus doesn't announce every damn stop. That's fine with me. I'll announce the major stops, transfer points, and when a passenger gets off. I like a little extra quiet on my bus, not needing a tylenol after a 10 hour piece. UGH.

word because theses buses has flaws easy to fall apart and i remember the 107 and 108 newark bounds had some messed up issues that the bus had 875 Dover and had passengers wait for like a hour or so until i called NJT about it

A NABI that had 875 Dover on it?

I've seen plenty of NABIs with the wrong destination signs..and stop request buttons that wont work. I still love the NABIs but i love Novas more cause they seem to have the least amount of problems, even at their age.

• 2 years later...

The 94 is a Hilton/Orange route and since Hilton mainly runs the 94, The 5800 series may make to the 94 faster than you think

i know this is an old picture post, but last time i checked the 94 is an ALL Orange garage route. Just cause you see a Hilton bus on that route does not mean its a Hilton operator. If a bus on that route breaks down anywhere between Newark-Irvington-Union, they call Hilton since it is much closer and they send a bus 

Archived