What Windows Do You Use?

R188 7857

Windows XP Professional. My laptop is almost 3 years old, but I really have nothing on it aside from pictures that I've taken, so plenty of space and such. I use it to watch hockey games and surf the web mainly. I've wiped the hard drive twice now and it runs perfect. I'll probably upgrade at some point, but for now no need to. Fujitsu laptops cost more but last longer than say crappy Dell laptops. :cool:

Neither. :cool:

Lol, lucky!!!

I have an IBM desktop from 2009, runs on Windows XP. I'm seriously counting down the days I finally buy a Mac because my computer's giving me issues right now. The BIOS is messed up and the computer won't fully boot up. I have a lot of photos and other files in my computer and I'm afraid I may lose everything. Two years of photos, videos, class assignments and music doesn't come with every computer you know!!!

Lol, lucky!!!

I have an IBM desktop from 2009, runs on Windows XP. I'm seriously counting down the days I finally buy a Mac because my computer's giving me issues right now. The BIOS is messed up and the computer won't fully boot up. I have a lot of photos and other files in my computer and I'm afraid I may lose everything. Two years of photos, videos, class assignments and music doesn't come with every computer you know!!!

I was going to buy the imac27 but is way too overpriced, for $2000 I can get a monster pc you know.

I hate Windows. I've realized specs don't always = better, I'd take a basic Mac over a Windows PC running on a HEMI.

What does specs have to do with Windows? Those two things are hardware and software, exclusive.

Two grand can net you two custom PCs that can run even the newest games on at least medium settings plus hardware for both, and maybe some change for a sandwich at the deli. I laugh at all the hipsters and misinformed Volkswagen Jetta-driving, Starbucks gulping idiots that buy Macs and tout the virus-free thing as if it cured AIDS.

No one will write viruses for something a large majority of computer users don't use.

What does specs have to do with Windows? Those two things are hardware and software, exclusive.

I know, I was mainly referring to this:

I was going to buy the imac27 but is way too overpriced, for $2000 I can get a monster pc you know.

Two grand can net you two custom PCs that can run even the newest games on at least medium settings plus hardware for both, and maybe some change for a sandwich at the deli. I laugh at all the hipsters and misinformed Volkswagen Jetta-driving, Starbucks gulping idiots that buy Macs and tout the virus-free thing as if it cured AIDS.

No one will write viruses for something a large majority of computer users don't use.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a souped up computer and all but I was just saying I'd take a regular Mac over a Windows PC with it's specs on steroids because I just prefer the OS.

They are way overpriced though.

I hate how Virus Protection software is like life support for Windows PC's, I'm sure Macs will be in the same boat shortly though.

• 5 weeks later...

Windows (IRT Flushing) B).

I used to also have Dell Windows XP SP1 computer that I made my signs on, but that somehow stopped working. The message I get now when I turn it on is something like this:

"Windows Cannot start due to the following file missing or damaged:

<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

please re-install a copy of the above file."

I tried re-installing it and I wound up trying to install Windows 98 B). So I ejected the disk after that and left it. Its still sitting in my cart, waiting to be restored :P.

I currently use a Windows Se7en Starter Asus netbook. This thing has alot of memory, but is starting to run out of memory which is why I'm all of a sudden posting my pics & vids on the forums right away.

"Windows Cannot start due to the following file missing or damaged:

<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

please re-install a copy of the above file."

Dude, that's the Kernal image. If that's corrupted the whole OS is fried. You gotta do a complete clean re-install. Reformat your hard drive elsewhere, then install a clean OS on it.

I hate Windows errors. B)

(old XP desktop)

[pics]

Neither of those are errors in the serious sense. The first is just diagnostics, no errors. The second is just a Disk Boot failure, and that's usually a hardware issue. Sometimes it also happens if you have a flash drive plugged into your puter and the BIOS is set up to boot from a USB disk. Just unplug the flash drive and restart.

Archived