Cars Brought Back Into Service On The N!

R32 3352

Hi everyone! Today, on the N Train at 59th street Brooklyn, a very strange consist came in. It was a mix of R40 and R40M's! The good old slants were in the front with numbers 4280-4281 and 4162-4163. In the R40M's There were consists 4414–4415 and 4432–4433. This means the cars were taken OUT of the museum collection and OUT of the Car Training School. I find this awesome that these amazing cars were brought back into service briefly! Comments? Have Fun!

-Nick

Hi everyone! Today, on the N Train at 59th street Brooklyn, a very strange consist came in. It was a mix of R40 and R40M's! The good old slants were in the front with numbers 4280-4281 and 4162-4163. In the R40M's There were consists 4414–4415 and 4432–4433. This means the cars were taken OUT of the museum collection and OUT of the Car Training School. I find this awesome that these amazing cars were brought back into service briefly! Comments? Have Fun!

-Nick

is this a fantasy or nonfiction?

Very Hard To Believe The (NYCT) Would Take Those Cars Out Of The Yards And Put Them Into Service. Maybe You Saw An R42 As The Entire R40/M Fleet Was Reefed. Except For 2 Sets. One Being Kept At 207th Not Sure What they Will Do With It. One At Coney Island Split Up. 2 Cars Used For School Car And A Couple Of 2 Cars Sitting With The Rest Of The B Division Museum Fleet. And The Rest Either Scrapped Or Being Stripped.

Plus The (NYCT) Does Not Allow Mixed Consist Unless They Are R142/A's R68/A's and R160/A/B's

The (NYCT) Stopped Doing So Many Mixed Consist Since The 80's When R30's Ran With R27's and R12's Ran With R15's.

Like Everyone Says Pictures Videos Something To Use As Proof.

The only thing logical that I can make out of that story of yours is that the cars were moving to Coney Island, other than that. I don't see any service being made with 8 cars on the (N).

Very likely a yard move from the museum/Rockaway Park into CIY.

Ok. I got one shot when I got off at 34 street. It's a real crappy shot I took on my phone, but it is honestly the photo I took.

04ef546f.png

Now that's interesting... obviously an R40 and obviously in revenue service.

Proof of date is the only thing that's missing.

Ok. I got one shot when I got off at 34 street. It's a real crappy shot I took on my phone, but it is honestly the photo I took.

04ef546f.png

thats not a picture thats from a video on youtube of the last R40 slant leaving broadway junction. your not fooling anyone. those cars where retired and after that deemed unsafe to go back into revenue service. they served for almost 50 years on the system.

Archived