Exam 8011 (my results)

Nite

I don't know if you should wait primo!!!. I know you want the S/A job, but who knows how long that will be before they call you. One woman I know is number 211 on the first wave of last years lay-offs and she took the cleaner job. As far as I know they rehired every one from the August 13th lay off wave back to S/A and some from the may 11th wave as well. I would say take the CTA job since it's civil service you will be better off than labor class cleaners if job cuts ever come again. And if when they reach your list number on the C/R exam you'll already be an employee. That's just my opinion. Also does it clearly say if you refuse the cleaners job, do you retain your right to take the S/A job if spots do become available?. I guess since they offering cleaners jobs, they must have rehired everyone that was laid off already as CTA or S/A.

You made a reference to "Labor Class"vs "Civil Service". The pre-employment letter that I received for Cleaner Position makes a lot of references to the Cleaner position being "Labor Class" can you please elaborate on the difference between "Labor Class" vs "Civil Service"

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You made a reference to "Labor Class"vs "Civil Service". The pre-employment letter that I received for Cleaner Position makes a lot of references to the Cleaner position being "Labor Class" can you please elaborate on the difference between "Labor Class" vs "Civil Service"

Well labor class means if lay offs ever come your the first to go and last to come back during reinstatement's, but here's the NYS civil service law definition. Check out page 4.

http://www.cs.state.ny.us/pio/publications/summofcsl.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
No one knows what # they are up to. This is information only transit has it all depends on the needs of the Agency .

Well as of December of last year they needed to fill 300 cleaner positions. They filled most of that number with laid off agents. But they've started to bring back people they gave those jobs back to agents. It seems they only sent out the notice to the top scorers so far. It is had to give it a number I would say 100-150 they are up to.

Is it a long wait (over 1 month) between the pre-employment stuff and the medical or "final processing"? What entirely does final processing entail? I already did the pre-employment, and am hoping to hear back before summer is out. Is this an unrealistic expectation? I want IN already!!!

Is it a long wait (over 1 month) between the pre-employment stuff and the medical or "final processing"? What entirely does final processing entail? I already did the pre-employment, and am hoping to hear back before summer is out. Is this an unrealistic expectation? I want IN already!!!

Final processing just means you would come in and do a medical exam for safety sensitive jobs and titles for which medical guidelines has been established for, S/A has no medical guidelines. So as long as you can see and hear you'll be fine. Also this is when they will have you bring in the 21 page application they gave you the first day. And you will be given W-2 paperwork to fill out, be sworn in and given a rule-book and code of ethics book. After that they will give you your start date and you'll be sent to have your pass photo taken.

Final processing just means you would come in and do a medical exam for safety sensitive jobs and titles for which medical guidelines has been established for, S/A has no medical guidelines. So as long as you can see and hear you'll be fine. Also this is when they will have you bring in the 21 page application they gave you the first day. And you will be given W-2 paperwork to fill out, be sworn in and given a rule-book and code of ethics book. After that they will give you your start date and you'll be sent to have your pass photo taken.

I'm in the same situation as well. I went to the pre-employment thing last week and finished the drug test. My question is how long does it usually take before being called for final processing? And are they going to call you on my cell-phone? or send you a letter like they did for the pre-employment?

I'm in the same situation as well. I went to the pre-employment thing last week and finished the drug test. My question is how long does it usually take before being called for final processing? And are they going to call you on my cell-phone? or send you a letter like they did for the pre-employment?

Final processing has no set in stone time it will take to hear back from them. Under optimal conditions in 2 weeks you should hear from them. Under really really great conditions like I had when I got hired in 2006 it will take 1 week, but that's highly unlikely now anyways. Only reaon I went thru the process so fast was because of the 2005 TA strike. I more than likely would have started in dec 2005 instead of jan 2006. And whatever number they you put on the top of your pre-application like they instructed you to do is the number they will call you at. So make you have a reliable phone and check your voice mail.

Final processing has no set in stone time it will take to hear back from them. Under optimal conditions in 2 weeks you should hear from them. Under really really great conditions like I had when I got hired in 2006 it will take 1 week, but that's highly unlikely now anyways. Only reaon I went thru the process so fast was because of the 2005 TA strike. I more than likely would have started in dec 2005 instead of jan 2006. And whatever number they you put on the top of your pre-application like they instructed you to do is the number they will call you at. So make you have a reliable phone and check your voice mail.

Thank you!

Inside info posted on Stations Department facebook group

"This was taken from email sent by Paul Piazza...............At the end of this budgetary cycle, the MTAs’ office of management and budget put aside 50 positions to be called back in August. That has changed somewhat. There are still 50 budgeted positions slated to be filled, what has changed is the schedule: 35 will be coming back in August and the other 15 by September. That is still 50 spots no matter how you slice it. This is directly from the office of Human Resources.

The reason for this split of the 50 positions has been explained to us as the attrition rate of S/A has is lower than MTA OMB anticipated. In other words the rate of retirements etc is not as quick as expected. This is perfectly in line with our agreement with the MTA, after the initial larger groups of recalls, we would then go body for body to fill vacancies in the S/A position.

After these 50 positions are filled we do expect at least another group of call backs before the end of the year. How many that will be is still undetermined.

By the numbers: by the end of August 270 S/A will have been recalled to their jobs from the lay-off list, with 15 more slated to come back in August. If you remember the original projections from our negotiations with management was 125 S/As by July. So by having 270 back we are way ahead. I must add however that this is NOT over until everyone comes back.

I would however be remiss if I did not include that the deal your Stations Reps negotiated with the MTA to bring the agents back is still working and an unqualified success. We had people take shots at us for the deal, but the proof is in the pudding, the deal we made with management has laid the ground –work not only for our people to come back to work in droves, but for provisional workers from other departments that got fired because of the Long Beach decision to come back to a job and the people on the 2008 S/A list being hired for CTA jobs.

· Speaking of hirings we are pleased to let you know that there will be about 90 new CTAs added to our ranks by September. This people are from the 2008 S/A test. They were offered the CTA job because they would have to wait until the entire Lay-Off list is called back before they would be considered for the S/A job.

Please welcome these newest sisters and brothers into our fold warmly and look out for them. We all know what it’s like to be new, so help them out." So this should answer any questions anyone has about how many people have been called back from the preferred list and exam 8011

Too early to tell at this moment. But your number is still pretty good, you just may have to wait a lil bit longer, maybe another 7-8 months.

My list # is low 300's and they called me for premployement for cleaner on 7/18.After reading that they only need 90 new cleaners I figure they won't call me back for another 3 or 4 months if I am lucky.

My list # is low 300's and they called me for premployement for cleaner on 7/18.After reading that they only need 90 new cleaners I figure they won't call me back for another 3 or 4 months if I am lucky.

No that means they are hiring 90 by September, but that doesn't mean they won't hire after that. They need to fill over 300 cleaner jobs before years end.

• 2 weeks later...
No that means they are hiring 90 by September, but that doesn't mean they won't hire after that. They need to fill over 300 cleaner jobs before years end.

If they're going by SA list number I guess they aren't getting 90 by next week. :P I'm in the 80s and haven't heard anything since I did the pre-employment over a month ago. The waiting is just soooo agonizing. I want to start there and be done with my current jobs already, :confused:!

If they're going by SA list number I guess they aren't getting 90 by next week. :P I'm in the 80s and haven't heard anything since I did the pre-employment over a month ago. The waiting is just soooo agonizing. I want to start there and be done with my current jobs already, :confused:!

WOW!!! I would have surely thought that they would have hired people that high up on the list. I guess I am going to wait a lot longer than I thought. I am in the early 300's was called for pre-employement in mid July.

WOW!!! I would have surely thought that they would have hired people that high up on the list. I guess I am going to wait a lot longer than I thought. I am in the early 300's was called for pre-employement in mid July.

Well guys they still bringing people back from the preferred list. They still have about another 145 laid off agents to bring back. I heard rumor all of them should be back by next budget which is November, now how true that is remains to be seen. Everything with TA is a slow moving process this one especially cause they can't rehire people until someone retires, promotes, quits, gets fired or I'm sorry to say dies. But I heard they was bringing in 80 new cleaners from this station agents exam next month. Just be a lil more patient guys they need 300-500 new cleaners by years end especially with the reintroduction of the WEP program this fall as well.

Well guys they still bringing people back from the preferred list. They still have about another 145 laid off agents to bring back. I heard rumor all of them should be back by next budget which is November, now how true that is remains to be seen. Everything with TA is a slow moving process this one especially cause they can't rehire people until someone retires, promotes, quits, gets fired or I'm sorry to say dies. But I heard they was bringing in 80 new cleaners from this station agents exam next month. Just be a lil more patient guys they need 300-500 new cleaners by years end especially with the reintroduction of the WEP program this fall as well.

Ah okie, thanks. A few questions: What is the WEP program? Is there a phone # to find out the progress? I had a phone number but I think it was only an automated thing about the test results. I'm guessing I will have to retake the drug test as well? Or are they valid for 3 months and not 1?

Archived