Exam 8011 (my results)

Nite

Ah okie, thanks. A few questions: What is the WEP program? Is there a phone # to find out the progress? I had a phone number but I think it was only an automated thing about the test results. I'm guessing I will have to retake the drug test as well? Or are they valid for 3 months and not 1?

The WEP program is the work experience program. It's a program for welfare recipients and people on public assistance. They hire them to work with station cleaners and after a certain period of time TA will hire them as full-time cleaners if they did a good job.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the SA list but I'm waiting to get the letter for the cleaning position. (like you stated before, just to get my foot in the door). How will this "WEP" program affect individuals like me and others who took exams to get into MTA ??

I'm on the SA list but I'm waiting to get the letter for the cleaning position. (like you stated before, just to get my foot in the door). How will this "WEP" program affect individuals like me and others who took exams to get into MTA ??

Well in a positive way. They'll alot more CTA's to supervise WEP teams. Only thing is be very careful of these WEP workers they have cost people their jobs before in the past. Many of cleaners were sexually harassing the female WEP workers and got fired and got the program shut down. This time around the city is involved with the administration of the WEP program and is watching it like a hawk. So now TA and the city will be overseeing it. But as long as your not a perv you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Was just wondering if anyone that took exam 8011 accepted the Cleaner's position til they're called for the station agent title and started already?. I heard TA hired 90 new cleaners and I just wanted wanted to know if anyone from this forum is working yet?.

Thats what I'm wondering too. I accepted and drug tested, but have heard nothing more. I'm #81, so it seems like I should have been in that first batch :confused:

Thats what I'm wondering too. I accepted and drug tested, but have heard nothing more. I'm #81, so it seems like I should have been in that first batch :confused:

Well I heard they hired 90 people, so what happened?. I think you seriously need to call them and see what happened. Also how long ago did you take down your paper work and get urine tested?.

Well I heard they hired 90 people, so what happened?. I think you seriously need to call them and see what happened. Also how long ago did you take down your paper work and get urine tested?.

I've been patiently waiting to hear something. I drug tested on 7/29, over a month ago. Yet I havent heard if I need to re-test or medical or final processing... nothing! Seems like I may hear from conductor first yet my list number there isn't so great. The only phone number I have is for DCAS, but are they still handling this stuff? Didn't MTA take over their testing process? I'm trying to stay patient but it's wearing thin these days.:confused:

I've been patiently waiting to hear something. I drug tested on 7/29, over a month ago. Yet I havent heard if I need to re-test or medical or final processing... nothing! Seems like I may hear from conductor first yet my list number there isn't so great. The only phone number I have is for DCAS, but are they still handling this stuff? Didn't MTA take over their testing process? I'm trying to stay patient but it's wearing thin these days.:confused:

Yes MTA has, but since this test was given by DCAS they still have to handle the processing for it. Just give 180 Livingston a call and see what's going on. I don't have the number on hand but a google search for MTA human resources should give you the number.

• 3 weeks later...
I called the HR# today and was told that there is a freeze on hiring cleaners and that the list from# 8011 isn't being used. Where did you guys hear that they were hiring 90 by Sept and 300 by years end? This whole process is just so aggravating at times.

This appears to be the latest info.

Okay, I understand there is a freeze at the moment. However, when mta resumes hiring for cleaners, where will they hire them from if not the sa list? Off the street ? And if so, why did they offer the individuals on the top of the sa list a cleaning position ?? This is all so confusing !! Someone please shed some light on this !!

I was hired off the station agent list and started in August. So ive been on the job for almost two months. There were 30 people in my class. and I believe a group of 18 that started after mine. That was it though I believe for the cleaner spot for at least awhile.

Why send out that letter about the cleaner position as a temporary stand in for SA when the intention to hire a large group of people isn't really there? It seems this "freeze" happened just 2 or 3 months after the letters went out. Sounds like less than 40 people are actually working.

Its unfair to build up all this anticipation for nothing. Just the same ole waiting game thats been going on since the test in 2008. My extra long, early morning trek out to Brooklyn was for naught since those drug tests are only good for 30 days. It's tough trying to get the MTA out of my brain since my arm is a constant reminder of what I'm striving for :confused:

Why send out that letter about the cleaner position as a temporary stand in for SA when the intention to hire a large group of people isn't really there? It seems this "freeze" happened just 2 or 3 months after the letters went out. Sounds like less than 40 people are actually working.

Its unfair to build up all this anticipation for nothing. Just the same ole waiting game thats been going on since the test in 2008. My extra long, early morning trek out to Brooklyn was for naught since those drug tests are only good for 30 days. It's tough trying to get the MTA out of my brain since my arm is a constant reminder of what I'm striving for :confused:

They called you down so at least that's a start. You'll have to take the drug test once again, but at least you've contacted.

;)Just spoke to our stations division chair and he informed me that this Monday coming up 10 S/A's will be reinstated followed by three more classes of ten in November, totaling 40 reinstatement's before the holidays. So assuming the majority of these people took the CTA job this should open up 40 more slots to people who took the 2008 S/A exam to be offered CTA jobs while they wait on the title they tested for.:tup:

;)Just spoke to our stations division chair and he informed me that this Monday coming up 10 S/A's will be reinstated followed by three more classes of ten in November, totaling 40 reinstatement's before the holidays. So assuming the majority of these people took the CTA job this should open up 40 more slots to people who took the 2008 S/A exam to be offered CTA jobs while they wait on the title they tested for.:tup:

My girlfriend is in the 590's and just got a letter for Cleaner from the S/A list.I am in the low 300's and have not heard anything since the I went down there in July.

Well I dunno, but have you been back in contact with them ever since? . Also TA has changed hours for majority of the booths in an attempt to sway old timers to retire sooner than they would've. So if this plan works more agents will be recalled through attrition, which would leave more openings for new hire cleaners from the 2008 station agent exam. Just be patient, you'll have your day. Things are moving along faster than expected, because honestly they weren't even supposed to be up to the second lay off list which would've had no one from the 08 exam even being contacted yet.

I was hired off the station agent list and started in August. So ive been on the job for almost two months. There were 30 people in my class. and I believe a group of 18 that started after mine. That was it though I believe for the cleaner spot for at least awhile.

Would you mind elaborating about your work for the last 2 months ?? What shift did you get ? What's the most extreme part of the job ? Co-workers coop ? etc... much appreciated ;)

Would you mind elaborating about your work for the last 2 months ?? What shift did you get ? What's the most extreme part of the job ? Co-workers coop ? etc... much appreciated ;)

Well I picked night RDO's which means I work people's days off through out the week. You can either work 2 booths two day in a row twice and 1 booth one day a week or 5 different booths once a week. I choose to do 1 day a week, because it makes the week go faster and I do something different each night of the week. I'm not going to kid you the job is very extreme, it can be very easy depending where you work or very difficult again depending on where you work. Depending on where you work you'll deal with different types of people from all walks of life. Generally most people will be easy to deal with, but the few difficult people you will encounter can really dampen your day greatly. I try to keep level headed at all times during my day. But you have to develop a thick skin to do this job on a daily basis. You will see new yorkers in a totally different light than before. And you'll see stuff you never imagined happened in this city.

omg... today was the longest day ever. got called in for medical and final processing, yay... but that almost didnt even happen. my paperwork got all botched up with someone elses and they almost made me come back friday. fortunately there was this lovely lady that got me in for today.

720am is when i arrived. i left at 530pm. i dont see why that happened. its like i kept getting forgotten along the way. and because of all this i still have to go back to get my picture taken for my pass since it closes early. bring lots of snacks, books, and things to do. fortunately i had my Nintendo DS and Nook Color full of books and games.

regardless, class starts Nov 22, so i still have almost a month >.<

Archived