Mangano Selects Veolia to Operate Long Island Bus

PinePower

^^ damn STFU.....

LMAO... And me I enjoy see folks get over and beat the system. Masterminds and American Greed are some of my favs for that reason alone.

But then you have the rich that give away millions every year, so in a way you could argue that it works itself out with the rich. Can't really say that about the poor.

True... but that's only b/c they (the poor) don't have the money to give away....

Anyway, I remember masterminds... I would watch that show (along w/ that show Dominic Dunne hosted on TruTv), in hopes of the authorities catchin these guys & givin them life in prison w/o parole.... throw the book at them too....

come to find out you watched it for kicks... lol...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^ damn STFU.....

True... but that's only b/c they (the poor) don't have the money to give away....

Anyway, I remember masterminds... I would watch that show (along w/ that show Dominic Dunne hosted on TruTv), in hopes of the authorities catchin these guys & givin them life in prison w/o parole.... throw the book at them too....

come to find out you watched it for kicks... lol...

sorry about that the poor seem clouded in ignorance so to speak. Money is powerful in the hands of good or evil. If someone just becomes a Billionare the world will benefit however if in the hands of greed and evil the world will suffer!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent email about LI Bus Operators to Veolia

Dear Honorable Vice President Michael H. Setzer:

Sorry to disturb you again,

I hope Nassau County and MTA gave permission for Veolia to used MetroCard.

I was wonder who will be bus operators for Veolia Transit replacing LIB? Will it be former MTA Drivers or different drivers?

I also want to come to meeting bet. Veolia and Nassau County, and bet. Veolia and MTA.

Yours respectfully truly,

Yuki Endo

Yuki, it is nice to hear from you again, we are having discussions with MTA about continuing MetroCard and hope to have an announcement soon. I expect to hire most or all of the LIB drivers, but we have many other steps to complete before we begin hiring procedures.

There will be opportunities to participate in meetings for you but I don't have any dates or details yet. I look forward to meeting you in person.

My friend and I were discussing something recently, in regards to the Orion 5s and Orion 7s in Nassau, and we wondered if the private operator would even keep the CNG buses, and decide to get new straight-diesel or even hybrid buses after the takeover. Is there a possibility that if the new operator does not want the CNG buses and decide to get all new buses, would their current fleet of buses come to New York City?

My friend and I were discussing something recently, in regards to the Orion 5s and Orion 7s in Nassau, and we wondered if the private operator would even keep the CNG buses, and decide to get new straight-diesel or even hybrid buses after the takeover. Is there a possibility that if the new operator does not want the CNG buses and decide to get all new buses, would their current fleet of buses come to New York City?

That won't likely happen at all. The buses are owned by Nassau. The only thing Veolia is doing is running the operations as MTA has been.

LIB's infrastructure supports CNG buses. There is no need to downgrade to diesel. I could see some CNG-Electric hybrids there in the future. But not diesel.

It makes me wonder where the Orion V CNG's are gonna go...

...hopefully not bus heaven ;)

Also will Veoila take the (MTA)'s CNG VII's or will they go to MTA / NYCT bus?

Nassau county owns the buses that are operated by lib. Now as far as the OV's are concerned, a little birdie told me that the are about 100 OVII CNG's on order for LIB. This could mean that NYCTA will absorb/purchase some of the OV CNG's from nassau county...maybe someone a bit more informed (cough, ENY, cough) could shed some more light on the situation...

Nassau county owns the buses that are operated by lib. Now as far as the OV's are concerned, a little birdie told me that the are about 100 OVII CNG's on order for LIB. This could mean that NYCTA will absorb/purchase some of the OV CNG's from nassau county...maybe someone a bit more informed (cough, ENY, cough) could shed some more light on the situation...

LOL!

Ok... It get's a little fuzzy here. All the LIB buses except for 1760-1839 are Nassau property. The latter are TECHNICALLY MTA property, but they are "donating" the buses to Nassau.

Now for the 100 CNG's on order you heard about....... That's a little fuzzy too!

The 1760-1839 batch has an option on it for about 100 or so buses. But, the option is held by MTA, and NOT Nassau. Now that MTA is ending it's contract with Nassau, Orion is attempting to get the buses diverted to NYC.

Enter the pending order for 74+30 CNG's for MTA Bus. Because the FTA is funding it, they can legally go with Orion for the LIB options. Why? Because that order was already being funded by the FTA/Project TIGER. So the only thing that will change is the address for delivery of the buses.

On the other side, I hear LIB is definitely in talks with Orion about the next buses that need to be replaced now that the options may end up going to the city.

In order for the NG CNGs to even be considered to be sent over, the (MTA) would have to:

1) Reprogram the destination signs with the hundreds of routes and destinations for NYCT and MTA Bus

2) Rearrange the seats

3) Replace the Alcoas with the other rims

4) Remove the CleverDevices (whatever the hell they do, because I think they go beyond the announcements) from every bus they get

5) Re-register the buses with the DMV (maybe this is the easiest step)

In order for the NG CNGs to even be considered to be sent over, the (MTA) would have to:

1) Reprogram the destination signs with the hundreds of routes and destinations for NYCT and MTA Bus

2) Rearrange the seats

3) Replace the Alcoas with the other rims

4) Remove the CleverDevices (whatever the hell they do, because I think they go beyond the announcements) from every bus they get

5) Re-register the buses with the DMV (maybe this is the easiest step)

Sign programming is easy.

Seating would only need to be change behind the driver.

The CleverDevices could stay.

The buses don't have to be re-registered. They aren't going to or coming from another state.

But, the buses are staying at LIB anyway, so none of this is even an issue.

Archived