Q33toLaGuardia

I take the B46 all the time to work and on the weekends it run logical:

B46 Local to DeKalb Ave

B46 LTD to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza

But on the weekdays, its a different story

B46 Local to DeKalb Ave

B46 LTD to DeKalb Ave

That B46 LTD to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza RARELY COMES ON WEEKDAYS!!!!! You cant set a watch to it or nothing and people in Bedford-Stuyvesant and Williamsburg complain about this all the time when I catch this bus. There's a lot of popular spots on that route people need to get to like Myrtle Ave, Flushing/Graham Aves-Woodhull Hospital, and Union Ave for the (G).

And what takes the cake is this: I get on the bus today at Gates and Malcolm X and it says B46 LTD to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza. Mind you it was real humid today and I was already waiting 25 mins. I get on and the bus drives to DeKalb Ave. CAN YOU BELIEVE THE BUS DRIVER SAYS "LAST STOP" AND THROWS EVERYONE OFF THE BUS AT DEKALB AV????? :mad: People were pissed!!!!!! :mad: If that was the case, why didnt you say that when we got on in the first place???? :mad:

Is there anything we (B46 riders) as a whole can do to improve service on that line on the weekdays to Williamsburg???? IMO it should run like on the weekends or at least have Local service to Williamsburg as well.

Take the B46 to DeKalb Avenue, walk to the Kosciuszko Street (J) station and take it to Marcy Avenue. There's your answer.

First off ! can walk to Gates Ave so no thank you :tdown: Second off I'm not walking over to a station in this heat!! :tdown: And third what about the elderly people that rely on that bus? They cant easily do that.....smh

Okay then....if you don't mind telling me, how many buses are supposed to go to Williamsburg? I ask because the B46 is the heaviest-used route in the entire system and if that bus operator missigned his bus to deliberately confuse people then he could be in a lot of trouble.

Okay then....if you don't mind telling me, how many buses are supposed to go to Williamsburg? I ask because the B46 is the heaviest-used route in the entire system and if that bus operator missigned his bus to deliberately confuse people then he could be in a lot of trouble.

Well according to the timetable it usually comes every 10 mins , but people would wait at least 20-25 mins for one while 4 or 5 buses that go only to DeKalb ave pass by, LTD and Local....

I just think they prefer to run buses that run shorter distances because cost wise it may be cheaper, so passengers going further get screwed. Also buses going further are more prone to be delayed. What they could do is cut out some of the stops for B46s doing the full run this way they stay on schedule a bit better and those who are riding for shorter distances can take the other B46s.

That's understandable but to have people waiting 30 mins for a bus on a weekday??? That's obsurd!!! But then again this is MTA were talking about. I know something can be done about it. Maybe a petition or protest or something. I'm just sick and tired of it is all.

nah, y'all, homeboy has a point....

I have also noticed the increasing amt of B46's that have "DeKalb av" as the destination, as well.... coming from flatlands after taking the bm1, it benefits me b/c it usually tells me that it's a local, and my stop (snyder av) is a local stop....

Far as WBP, I can't count the times I've waited @ WBP for a B46 where there was one bus sitting idle (usually w/ the driver takin his break, which is fine).... 5 mins later, an incoming bus parks right behind it, driver gets out... and 10 mins after that, a b/o gets on that same incoming bus, pulls up to the front-most shelter to pick up pax... a wait of about 20 mins on average....

The number of runs to WBP are decreasing... I have seen as many as 4 buses parked (both sides) on on dekalb b/w malcolm x & broadway... I'm sure Q33's seen more than that....

This could be a message that the MTA is sending to riders to, well, do exactly what LRG pointed out.... What I find more often than not, is that riders on the (J) that embark @ Myrtle in that direction, are getting off somewhere in Manhattan...

I guess they assumed that most people who take the B46 only use it on Utica Avenue, not Broadway.

...and that assumption can easily be proven wrong just by noticing the loads that pile on at Flushing av (Woodhull hosp) & @ Myrtle....

More people take the 46 along Broadway to get to utica/malcolm x, compared to the 47 to get to Ralph... easily.

What about extending the (B47) to "Willie B" to help out the (B46)?

Wouldn't solve anything; No one along Broadway is gonna take an extended 47 to xfer to the 46...

Refer to the above....

That's like taking the M2 (along madison av) to Lenox/110th, to then xfer for the M3 or the M4.... it's not practical...

Wouldn't solve anything; No one along Broadway is gonna take an extended 47 to xfer to the 46....

That's like taking the M2 (along madison av) to Lenox av, to then xfer for the M3 or the M4.... it's not practical...

I am sure this issue of "MIA"(missing in Action) (B46) to/from Williamsburg resolves around 1)Traffic 2)Crappy Bus Dispatching 3)Coordination between B/O's and depot to coordinator.

If (MTA) Boss Walder is so worried about technology why not for the 2nd busiest (also one of the busiest in the USA)to be used on this line?

I suggested the (B47)since it was created from a merger of the B40 and B78 about a decade ago. Plus most of the stations in Brooklyn-Broadway are not ADA accessible thus that why i suggested it.

First off ! can walk to Gates Ave so no thank you :tdown: Second off I'm not walking over to a station in this heat!! :tdown: And third what about the elderly people that rely on that bus? They cant easily do that.....smh

I've had that same problem with the B46. I use to wait up to 30 mins for a bus to Williamsburg on Gates. It's very rare to catch a limited to WBP nowadays. The limited to DeKalb is useless to people that get on along Malcolm X.

I am sure this issue of "MIA"(missing in Action) (B46) to/from Williamsburg resolves around 1)Traffic 2)Crappy Bus Dispatching 3)Coordination between B/O's and depot to coordinator.

If (MTA) Boss Walder is so worried about technology why not for the 2nd busiest (also one of the busiest in the USA)to be used on this line?

I suggested the (B47)since it was created from a merger of the B40 and B78 about a decade ago. Plus most of the stations in Brooklyn-Broadway are not ADA accessible thus that why i suggested it.

I think its mostly on traffic though becuase I know how tight traffic gets on Utica between Empire and Eastern Pkwy >.<*

• 3 weeks later...

B46 Local to DeKalb Ave

B46 Local to DeKalb Ave

B46 LTD to DeKalb Ave

That B46 LTD to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza RARELY COMES ON WEEKDAYS!!!!! You cant set a watch to it or nothing and people in Bedford-Stuyvesant and Williamsburg complain about this all the time when I catch this bus. There's a lot of popular spots on that route people need to get to like Myrtle Ave, Flushing/Graham Aves-Woodhull Hospital, and Union Ave for the (G).

And what takes the cake is this: I get on the bus today at Gates and Malcolm X and it says B46 LTD to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza. Mind you it was real humid today and I was already waiting 25 mins. I get on and the bus drives to DeKalb Ave. CAN YOU BELIEVE THE BUS DRIVER SAYS "LAST STOP" AND THROWS EVERYONE OFF THE BUS AT DEKALB AV????? :mad: People were pissed!!!!!! :mad: If that was the case, why didnt you say that when we got on in the first place???? :mad:

Is there anything we (B46 riders) as a whole can do to improve service on that line on the weekdays to Williamsburg???? IMO it should run like on the weekends or at least have Local service to Williamsburg as well.

I just noticed that as well. There are more locals to Eastern Pkway than to Dekalb Ave and a lot of LTDs to Dekalb Ave. this is between 8 and 9am....

I just noticed that as well. There are more locals to Eastern Pkway than to Dekalb Ave and a lot of LTDs to Dekalb Ave. this is between 8 and 9am....

Most of us know what's coming next; no more B46's to Williamsburg. They would get either cut at DeKalb Av or extended to Ridgewood to cover one of the B38 branches.

Sounds like the (B46)needs SBS alot more urgent than the (B44). Yet the (B44)is getting it first. Only with the (MTA).

And back to topic. Sounds like a bad job of management/dispatchers with the (B46) in not having more service to Dekalb/Williamsburg Plaza.

Sounds like the (B46)needs SBS alot more urgent than the (B44). Yet the (B44)is getting it first. Only with the (MTA).

And back to topic. Sounds like a bad job of management/dispatchers with the (B46) in not having more service to Dekalb/Williamsburg Plaza.

OBVIOUSLY MTA DOESN'T UNDERSTAND NO ONE WANTS SHORT TRIPS!!!!!!!!!!! TRAVEL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! the managers are trash and need to be canned. B44 SBS not needed

B46 Local to DeKalb Ave

B46 Local to DeKalb Ave

B46 LTD to DeKalb Ave

dude the J at kosciuszko is walking distance from B46 at dekalb it runs more frequently use it!!! bus to train hello metrocard exists for a reason.

Take the B46 to DeKalb Avenue, walk to the Kosciuszko Street (J) station and take it to Marcy Avenue. There's your answer.

duhh!!!!!!!

I just think they prefer to run buses that run shorter distances because cost wise it may be cheaper, so passengers going further get screwed. Also buses going further are more prone to be delayed. What they could do is cut out some of the stops for B46s doing the full run this way they stay on schedule a bit better and those who are riding for shorter distances can take the other B46s.

Or they can do that however MTA management = EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!! The dispatchers are complete MORONS Garibaldi 8 I think ur asking too much of idiots

Stuff like this is why I'm not too fond of commuting on buses, love to ride em for pleasure but to ride them for their intended purpose? Nope. I won't into get that anymore in this thread as it would be O/T.

On topic, I'm shocked B46 riders have compaints, I honestly thought that bus route had like perfect service lol, learn something new everyday.

Stuff like this is why I'm not too fond of commuting on buses, love to ride em for pleasure but to ride them for their intended purpose? Nope. I won't into get that anymore in this thread as it would be O/T.

On topic, I'm shocked B46 riders have compaints, I honestly thought that bus route had like perfect service lol, learn something new everyday.

agreed I thought it was perfect ppl bitch about BS cause they are too fat and lazy to use the subway!!!!!!!! The only buses good for commuting are in sububia and NJ

Most of us know what's coming next; no more B46's to Williamsburg. They would get either cut at DeKalb Av or extended to Ridgewood to cover one of the B38 branches.

That likely will not happen.

Good luck with that one! Utica is a parking lot!

OBVIOUSLY MTA DOESN'T UNDERSTAND NO ONE WANTS SHORT TRIPS!!!!!!!!!!! TRAVEL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! the managers are trash and need to be canned. B44 SBS not needed

B44 SBS is definitely needed. Utica Av is a parking lot!

I haven't ever heard any complaints because regular riders know what to expect! The traffic on Utica is the root cause of the problems. Not the MTA. That's why they have the short turns. SBS is not possible the way we know it now. The only thing that will help Utica is a subway or off-board payment. ASI have said plenty of times, I have taken the B46, and traffic it its biggest issue. Any dedicated bus lanes will cut the parking severely, so that won't work either!

That likely will not happen.

Good luck with that one! Utica is a parking lot!

B44 SBS is definitely needed. Utica Av is a parking lot!

I haven't ever heard any complaints because regular riders know what to expect! The traffic on Utica is the root cause of the problems. Not the MTA. That's why they have the short turns. SBS is not possible the way we know it now. The only thing that will help Utica is a subway or off-board payment. ASI have said plenty of times, I have taken the B46, and traffic it its biggest issue. Any dedicated bus lanes will cut the parking severely, so that won't work either!

buddy I think you meant B46 needs SBS . B44 operates on nostrand NOT utica

Archived