Question about the NYCmate Iphone and android app

Abba

I use the app, but i dont see where you can use it. I think its locked for select testing purposes.

On another note, trying to figure out where the neighborhood maps are being stored.. To bad the (MTA) can't allow people to get a free map of those!

I use the app, but i dont see where you can use it. I think its locked for select testing purposes.

On another note, trying to figure out where the neighborhood maps are being stored.. To bad the (MTA) can't allow people to get a free map of those!

It actually does work.But its gonna take while until it has all subway stations.I just saw that it had a Pelham Bay Park bound 6 train at 42nd st GC around 6:00.Later today i think im gonna test it to see if it works when i exit a station.

There is now a brooklyn bridge bound train 5 min away from 110th st.Its 6:12 am

Well to be honest, the timetable pretty much is accurate, Unlike the paper timetables which during rh it shows trains running every 2 to 4 min or so, it gives the time. Same for railroad and bus.

• 1 month later...

According to their intro about the NextTrain feature, if a train is predicted to be real time, than a special indicator will show up next to that schedule time. So if a time doesn't have an indicator next to it, then the NextTrain real time ability is not in effect.

I've never seen the icon up to this point - I would love to hear if anyone else has. I think it relies on a critical mass before kicking in...

Archived