12-9 at 149th the Hub on the 2 / 5

mark1447

Posted: 06/10/2011 11:10PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a police investigation at the 3rd Avenue-149th

Street Station, there is no service on the 2 and 5 train between

the 135th Street Station and the Jackson Avenue

Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in service on trains at this time.

Its a 12-9 as i heard over my radio and i was in this mess at mott.

Posted: 06/10/2011 11:10PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a police investigation at the 3rd Avenue-149th

Street Station, there is no service on the 2 and 5 train between

the 135th Street Station and the Jackson Avenue

Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in service on trains at this time.

Its a 12-9 as i heard over my radio and i was in this mess at mott.

oh my god and i live a couple of stops from there. my home line, i never thought ti would happen in the bronx on a line that rarely see's a 12-9. the last 12-9 on the white plains was in 2007 on the (5) at dyre avenue. i never thought it was possible. well same procedure T/O goes downtown gets interviewed by cops, urine test, and 3 days off until getting back to the job. feel bad for that T/O now he or she is traumatized for life. :cry::cry: as for that person i dont feel bad for them unless they fell or got thrown onto the tracks.

oh my god and i live a couple of stops from there. my home line, i never thought ti would happen in the bronx on a line that rarely see's a 12-9. the last 12-9 on the white plains was in 2007 on the (5) at dyre avenue. i never thought it was possible. well same procedure T/O goes downtown gets interviewed by cops, urine test, and 3 days off until getting back to the job. feel bad for that T/O now he or she is traumatized for life. :cry::cry: as for that person i dont feel bad for them unless they fell or got thrown onto the tracks.

Actually the last 12-9 I witnessed was at West Farms back in early 2008. Went on an Uptown (5) crowded during the AM Rush Hour due to downtown suspension and I and loads saw the man dead under the first car.

Damn... I hope this is not another suicide :).

Anyway, I don't get why they terminate (2) trains at 135 Street whenever something happens with the (2) up in the bronx. Why not just send (2)'s to Lenox?

Damn... I hope this is not another suicide :).

Anyway, I don't get why they terminate (2) trains at 135 Street whenever something happens with the (2) up in the bronx. Why not just send (2)'s to Lenox?

They did send them to 148th street. They just didn't mention it. Some short turned at 34th and 96th Street. (5)s just ended at 149th, Jerome Level.

They did send them to 148th street. They just didn't mention it. Some short turned at 34th and 96th Street. (5)s just ended at 149th, Jerome Level.

Hmmm... Must be weird to see an R142 in Lenox Term.

I just hope that 12-9 wasn't another suicide. I'm just glad the 12-9 rate has gone down recently.

I just hope that 12-9 wasn't another suicide. I'm just glad the 12-9 rate has gone down recently.

Gone down? I don't think so...

Tho Crime in the subway & city is going ^^^^^!

For now, you can see one every weekday. There are some (2)s which go to Lenox because of the construction near 180 Yard.

For now, you can see one every weekday. There are some (2)s which go to Lenox because of the construction near 180 Yard.

Really? I never seen short turns at 148th because of the work at 180th.. When have you seen this?

Now unless its been recent, then maybe yeah due to the track work at 174th which is forcing 20min headways on the (5) and 8-10min headways on the (2) during Midday.

Really? I never seen short turns at 148th because of the work at 180th.. When have you seen this?

Now unless its been recent, then maybe yeah due to the track work at 174th which is forcing 20min headways on the (5) and 8-10min headways on the (2) during Midday.

Trackwork at 174th Street? i dont think so the new track and 3rd rail have been laid. i havent seen any work trains up there working or just passing by

Trackwork at 174th Street? i dont think so the new track and 3rd rail have been laid. i havent seen any work trains up there working or just passing by

Well it was pretty much last week as trains were still going express. They still go more work to do tho.

Archived