Does Anyone Here Ride Bicycle?

FamousNYLover

they shoulda turned that thing back into a freight line

Kind of late now lol. Plus it's done so well it leading a comeback for Poughkeepsie. Prior to the walkway opening Poughkeepsie while not as bad as Newburgh w/ crime, etc. was a city in decline.

The Walkway is packed on nice days especially weekends. People from all over the Metro area and beyond have visited here.

Now there plans to open expensive condos right in area of the Train station and Mid Hudson Bridge to attract riders who may work in Manhattan.

I ride alot alot alot of bikes in NYC.

I also work at a bike shop.

I stop at red lights, and I love stopping for pedestrians.

I will go through a red lights (after checking to see if it's clear). I have also been ticketed for running a red light in Manhattan.

I don't think it's right for bikers to disobey all rules of the road. However I feel that both pedestrians and car drivers don't respect bike lanes very much if at all. I frequently feel that my life is in danger, and that can emotionally pump me up when I constantly feel attacked. I don't take out this strong emotion out on others, but I am aware of it and I understand when cyclists flip their shit over a car cutting them off or a pedestrian stepping out into the street when they don't have the light.

I used to and I went damn near all over the city. The furthest I ever went was to Rockaway Pk (caught a flat on Cross Bay Bl through the wildlife refugee heading back). My old path was this...

Bushwick Av>Myrtle Av>Brooklyn Br>Chambers St>Church St/6 Av (rest in Central Pk)

Going home was...

Broadway (through all 3 squares)>Kenmare/Delancey Sts>Williamsburg Br>S 5 St>Montrose Av>Bushwick Av>home

--------------------------------

But that was the past, now I use my skateboard :cool:

Yuki, I used to, but now I walk more and use the bus more. My last bicycle was a Schwinn six-speed bicycle.

When I lived in Phoenix, a bicycle was all I rode.

Hey EE how in world in middle of Arizona you can survive without a car? In Calif, there a couple of cities such as San Diego and the SF Bay area that both have very good mass transit and thus thousands in those 2 regions can live without a car.

Again just wondering?

I know bicycle is one of popular transportation across world.

Does anyone here ride bicycle?

If you ride bicycle, I have few survey.

1. Do you obey rule of road?

2. How do you feel about cyclist not obeying the rule of road.

I've ridden a bicycle for transportation my whole life. (59 years) I ride to work every day and to shop on the weekends. I'm getting close to 200K miles total.

It is important to obey the rules of the road and cyclists who don't are a hazard to other cyclists as well as themselves. Sadly, there are a lot of bad cyclists on the road.

Cycling has to be about the cleanest and most efficient means of transportation. Too bad it's not popular in the US like some other places.

Ooops!

When I moved to my Yorkville Apartment in Feb 1996, but I don't remember when I had bike.

I was under children under age 13 (not sure how old I was when I rode bike for first time) and my male American roommate ride bike with me on sidewalk and pedestrian PATH in Central Park.

Only thing I remember:

1. When I was biking on 1st Av sidewalk, crossing 97th St, and it happened to turn green light for 97th St for vehicular traffic, I was almost hit & run by truck because I was small for my age and my roommate kick his tire and said, "Watch it, you jerk."

2. Another time, when I was biking on 2nd Av sidewalk, I was pushed by little nasty Black boy and pushed me off bike and said, "You not suppose to be on sidewalk" and I was bleeding.

I remember female passerby, and she scold that boy's mother and said, "You're child has no right to push him."

• 3 weeks later...
Tell that to the food delivery guys, once I was walking my dog and this guy

brushed past us at breakneck speed so I threw the bag of s h i t that I was holding at him and almost got him on the head but missed.:mad:

I feel the same way, if it was that moment and that time, I'd do the same. Screw the damn bikers that don't respect the traffic laws. S--t covered stained clothes is what you deserve >:-)

As of late I have been doing all my local stuff on a bike. It costs me less because I would otherwise be taking the bus. However when I do ride I usually stay off the main roads and yeild to cars. I know I'm not a car and I'm not trying to be one unlike some other bikers.

Ooops!

When I moved to my Yorkville Apartment in Feb 1996, but I don't remember when I had bike.

I was under children under age 13 (not sure how old I was when I rode bike for first time) and my male American roommate ride bike with me on sidewalk and pedestrian PATH in Central Park.

Only thing I remember:

1. When I was biking on 1st Av sidewalk, crossing 97th St, and it happened to turn green light for 97th St for vehicular traffic, I was almost hit & run by truck because I was small for my age and my roommate kick his tire and said, "Watch it, you jerk."

2. Another time, when I was biking on 2nd Av sidewalk, I was pushed by little nasty Black boy and pushed me off bike and said, "You not suppose to be on sidewalk" and I was bleeding.

I remember female passerby, and she scold that boy's mother and said, "You're child has no right to push him."

Jessame Hannus from TA might help you

The Brooklyn Bridge has too many tourists. The best bridge for riding bikes is the Williamsburg Bridge.

The Manhattan Bridge isn't bad either.

Since my achilles injury 6-7 yrs ago, I haven't stepped foot on a bike....

So my answer is, no... not anymore.

Besides, I always hated the feeling of biker's ass....

When your behind gets so hard it feels numb....

I had that the last time I was on a bike, and I couldn't sit down without feeling any pain for days (being damn near 250lbs dont help).

Archived