Stranded straphangers begin drive to bring back bus service to Queens

Shortline Bus

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realistically, he'll be ignored, or be met with resistance.

I'm glad he doesn't work for (MTA) and I hope he doesn't plan to work for NJT....real talk!

I don't get how the hell he's able to drag this on... Instead of living in the real world, he's too busy daydreaming about impossible and unrealistic extensions. He needs to stop taking this sh*t way too seriously.

I don't get how the hell he's able to drag this on... Instead of living in the real world, he's too busy daydreaming about impossible and unrealistic extensions. He needs to stop taking this sh*t way too seriously.

He can't cope in the real world.....he need to stop smoking that good ish!

You just don't get it. There are certain expectations that come along with certain prices and that's the way things work. As a business, you cannot nickel and dime for everything because at that rate you'll be out of business. Many businesses have small profit margins and some of that has to do with them absorbing the costs to operate as a business. You have to understand your clientele and what they are willing to pay and not pay and what services they expect and some costs can be passed to the customer (within reason) and some the business has to eat.

I pointed out the new ferry service that was opened that is being heavily subsidized by the city, which won't be very profitable and I notice that you didn't say anything about that. The city is running the service not because it is looking to rake in profits but because they understand the subway is packed to capacity and New Yorkers in those areas need alternatives to take stress off of the system. The point is that everything is not about profits and dollars and cents, but about what makes sense.

Don't worry. When they make a thread about the new ferry service, I'll complain there. Other than Greenpoint, all of those areas have adequate subway service to Manhattan, and the subway is actually more convenient since it goes further inland.

In times of feast, it is great to relieve overcrowding on the subway, but considering that the MTA had to make a bunch of service reductions last year, there are plenty of better uses for that money than ferry service (I know the city is running it, but they could've added that money to the MTA's budget).

As far as nickel-and-diming go, there are many routes that are struggling to make back 50% of their operating costs. I think something should be done to reduce the amount of waste in the express bus system. Unfortunately, if those lines can't get some turnover on them, they'll have to be eliminated.

Don't worry. When they make a thread about the new ferry service, I'll complain there. Other than Greenpoint, all of those areas have adequate subway service to Manhattan, and the subway is actually more convenient since it goes further inland.

In times of feast, it is great to relieve overcrowding on the subway, but considering that the MTA had to make a bunch of service reductions last year, there are plenty of better uses for that money than ferry service (I know the city is running it, but they could've added that money to the MTA's budget).

As far as nickel-and-diming go, there are many routes that are struggling to make back 50% of their operating costs. I think something should be done to reduce the amount of waste in the express bus system. Unfortunately, if those lines can't get some turnover on them, they'll have to be eliminated.

I think you should quit we are dealing with ******** here

Or you can just shut up cause that is pathetic

Being honest QJ some of your ideas are way off base and unrealstic. At same time some of the replies by the other members are also way too harsh to MasterQJ.

Now expects the bombs from all parties mentioned. Just telling it like it is.:eek:;)

If that were the case others wouldn't have said it was a good idea think about it the Bx15 and Bx55 travel almost the same route the Bx15 goes to manhattan via 125th street which is sometimes a parking lot. And to top it off Bx15 is a LOCAL. Bx55 is Limited so if the bus is Limited why can't it go to queens if the Bx15 local can go to manhattan ur argument just got killed sir now shut up!!!!!!

Err ur not perfect urself I used most of the buses I talk about with Q50 being the exception now be mature and GET OFF MY BACK.

interesting so why didnt they just interline BX50 select runs with the Bx55??? By the way I had no original ideas for NYC except maybe guideways over parkways without having to change the clearances much. But as far as bus rtes most of my good plans involve hudson valley and MD,NJ I will study MD a bit more before coming to a conclusion

I will not even bother with this fight I will avoid the LIRR vs express bus war let someone other than me settle that war. Cause Some express buses like QM2,2a and 5-8 DO NOT duplicate the LIRR. LIRR is ABOVE CAPACITY!!!!! You can't just cram more ppl onto LIRR unless you want to hire the pushers from japan. The QM3 I admit sucks balls However the QM21 doesnt directly duplicate due to limden blvd segment to be honest it's like a x63 variant. The only reason why X68 exists is cause the local/LTD buses are above capacity and loads on X68 will literally KILL the Q43 to the point of needing articulated buses. X64 well if ridership drops again I guess another one bites the dust. Most express buses DO NOT replicate the LIRR. To be honest several LIRR rush hour trains bypass queens completely!!!!

The QM21 terminates right behind the Locust Manor Station on the LIRR......

I don't even see why you're complaining about express bus service because basically just about everything that can be cut has been. The only express buses that are running a little thin are the (MTA) Bus lines and those the city are paying for and even those have had had service slashed over the years. In sum, there really isn't much more to cut unless you want to advocate for more people being stranded. Either way, your fantasy of reduced fares isn't happening anytime soon, even with additional cuts. Union costs and other escalating costs will absorb any real savings that the (MTA) gets so you can pretty much forget about seeing a reduced fare anytime soon.

If that were the case others wouldn't have said it was a good idea think about it the Bx15 and Bx55 travel almost the same route the Bx15 goes to manhattan via 125th street which is sometimes a parking lot. And to top it off Bx15 is a LOCAL. Bx55 is Limited so if the bus is Limited why can't it go to queens if the Bx15 local can go to manhattan ur argument just got killed sir now shut up!!!!!!

Err ur not perfect urself I used most of the buses I talk about with Q50 being the exception now be mature and GET OFF MY BACK.

interesting so why didnt they just interline BX50 select runs with the Bx55??? By the way I had no original ideas for NYC except maybe guideways over parkways without having to change the clearances much. But as far as bus rtes most of my good plans involve hudson valley and MD,NJ I will study MD a bit more before coming to a conclusion

I will not even bother with this fight I will avoid the LIRR vs express bus war let someone other than me settle that war. Cause Some express buses like QM2,2a and 5-8 DO NOT duplicate the LIRR. LIRR is ABOVE CAPACITY!!!!! You can't just cram more ppl onto LIRR unless you want to hire the pushers from japan. The QM3 I admit sucks balls However the QM21 doesnt directly duplicate due to limden blvd segment to be honest it's like a x63 variant. The only reason why X68 exists is cause the local/LTD buses are above capacity and loads on X68 will literally KILL the Q43 to the point of needing articulated buses. X64 well if ridership drops again I guess another one bites the dust. Most express buses DO NOT replicate the LIRR. To be honest several LIRR rush hour trains bypass queens completely!!!!

The QM21 terminates a couple of blocks away from the Locust Manor Station on the LIRR......

The only realistic solution I can see is:

1) The express bus routes serving the neighborhoods formerly served by the Q79 cost a lot to run per passenger (i.e. they make a massive loss).

2) The Q79 would cost a lot to run per passenger (i.e. it would make a loss, but not a massive one, as it didn't require very many buses).

3) If the neighborhoods prefer, sufficient vehicles should be cut from the express bus services serving them to enable the Q79 to be restored at no extra cost to the MTA.

4) This could potentially be achieved by diverting the some early morning runs of express buses to terminate at Flushing Main Street subway station, then return to the outer terminals in time to operate rush hour buses to Manhattan (this would significantly reduce the PVR, whilst only affecting shoulder-peak commuters).

5) As with any proposal that economically adds up, it's generally not a good idea to be the one proposing it: people *will* complain about any change. This is generally why no change gets proposed if it can be helped.

Being honest QJ some of your ideas are way off base and unrealstic. At same time some of the replies by the other members are also way too harsh to MasterQJ.

Now expects the bombs from all parties mentioned. Just telling it like it is.:eek:B)

Most of the unrealistic ideas have conditions that need to be met before becoming realistic hence why these ppl even bother opposing If I were to really get serious then most will look stupid and I will lose in the long run as someone else will implement it better anyway.

at least ur honest hence why you win.

My real ideas are in sububan areas and In the real world I meet very little resistance. Most of my plans in the public were NOT met with any resistance at all. Every time I spoke in public meetings LIB and NJT last year so I know I have some backing and I am making sense. My NYC ideas require infrastructure investments in order to work properly the maintain reliability.

I don't even see why you're complaining about express bus service because basically just about everything that can be cut has been. The only express buses that are running a little thin are the (MTA) Bus lines and those the city are paying for and even those have had had service slashed over the years. In sum, there really isn't much more to cut unless you want to advocate for more people being stranded. Either way, your fantasy of reduced fares isn't happening anytime soon, even with additional cuts. Union costs and other escalating costs will absorb any real savings that the (MTA) gets so you can pretty much forget about seeing a reduced fare anytime soon.

Even with rising costs, at least it can delay another fare hike.

And basically none of the express buses would leave people "stranded" if they were eliminated. The trip may be a little longer and less comfortable, but they would still have another option (and considering that a lot of these routes run every 60 minutes, the trip time would probably be faster).

The express buses in areas that have very few other options will naturally survive, as people already use them.

For example, my mother had to go to Queens College twice. The first time, the QM4 flew by her (I don't know why, unless he thought she was waiting for a different bus), so she took the (R) to the Q64. Going back, after waiting over an hour for the QM4, she just took the Q64 to the subway, even though it cost her an extra $2.25.

The QM21 terminates right behind the Locust Manor Station on the LIRR......

true but its linden blvd segment was what I was referring to.

Realistically, he'll be ignored, or be met with resistance.
Also In addition If that were true then ppl at the LIB meetings wouldn't have treated me so well. Also I would not have even been asked for a business card from an NJT employee. Hence I know the real world and I have yet to even mention my NJT ideas which however I modified thanks to info recieved from ppl about NJT rtes.
I'm glad he doesn't work for (MTA) and I hope he doesn't plan to work for NJT....real talk!

BULL if that were true then I would not have recieved weinstein's business card. Seriously I haven't even mentioned NJT yet you already think you read my mind NOT even close. YOU have NO idea what I am thinking about NJ do ya. I already mentioned NYC was reliant on other factors. My NJT plan however is much more realistic since it capitalizes on NJT's strength its speed.

I know more about NJ than I am letting on. So try to stop being an ass and just be mature about it no one always agrees. So you dont need to be so ARROGANT AND HARSH just like shortline mentioned now mellow out and chill.:cool:

Don't believe I can send ya a copy of the business card I have and emails exchanged with NJT

Even with rising costs, at least it can delay another fare hike.

And basically none of the express buses would leave people "stranded" if they were eliminated. The trip may be a little longer and less comfortable, but they would still have another option (and considering that a lot of these routes run every 60 minutes, the trip time would probably be faster).

The express buses in areas that have very few other options will naturally survive, as people already use them.

For example, my mother had to go to Queens College twice. The first time, the QM4 flew by her (I don't know why, unless he thought she was waiting for a different bus), so she took the (R) to the Q64. Going back, after waiting over an hour for the QM4, she just took the Q64 to the subway, even though it cost her an extra $2.25.

PPL HATE the R!!!!!!! ppl use express buses for a reason speed. But in cases where the express bus is slower then it should get cut like QM3 but otherwise no way. QM21 appears to duplicate but not for folks on linden blvd

So try to stop being an ass and just be mature about it no one always agrees. So you dont need to be so ARROGANT AND HARSH just like shortline mentioned now mellow out and chill.:cool:
The only one that's acting immature and arrogant is you. via WPR is being honest here, including several others: you don't know what you're talking about.

For the record, unless there are timers or speed limits along certain stretches, most subway trains hover around 30 MPH and still have to stop. The MCI coaches are either speed limited or the (MTA) would be on bus operators like dirt on Chambers Street if they tried anything bold, else they pretty much go about 30-45 MPH on the expressways.

The only one that's acting immature and arrogant is you. via WPR is being honest here, including several others: you don't know what you're talking about.

This argument is over. You never heard my NJ idea so prejudging willl mean great downfall. Now lay off and part ways as I have other plans. I already mentioned I don't have completed NYC plans so back off. If I feel like it I gather more data to complete my intentions.

He doesn't know what the word honesty means if it bit him in the ass. He's a joke and his plans is more of a bigger joke!

BULL if that were true then I would not have recieved weinstein's business card. Seriously I haven't even mentioned NJT yet you already think you read my mind NOT even close. YOU have NO idea what I am thinking about NJ do ya. I already mentioned NYC was reliant on other factors. My NJT plan however is much more realistic since it capitalizes on NJT's strength its speed.

I know more about NJ than I am letting on. So try to stop being an ass and just be mature about it no one always agrees. So you dont need to be so ARROGANT AND HARSH just like shortline mentioned now mellow out and chill.:cool:

Blah blah blah you're still talking hot air. Your plans are more bullshit than the fantasy threads. Me arrogant......I think you're confusing me for yourself buddy. You have no idea on what you are talking about....I didn't know you brain to think b/c all you say is pure garbage. You sound like a true jackass.....why don't you go play in traffic and comeback when you with logical common sense. Have a nice day!

For the record, unless there are timers or speed limits along certain stretches, most subway trains hover around 30 MPH and still have to stop. The MCI coaches are either speed limited or the (MTA) would be on bus operators like dirt on Chambers Street if they tried anything bold, else they pretty much go about 30-45 MPH on the expressways.

Hence why express buses are important!!!!:tup::tup::tup:

And you can't just axe em without a valid reason. The only ones you can axe are the slow ones that COMPLETELY duplicate the LIRR which only a few do. And those few should get axed. Express means speed if it fails at that it should go. Like in rockland the TZX is SLOW therefore unless the rte loses the stops ridership will eventually plummet. Due to fustrated riders choosing to drive and eventually light rail would rape that line hard if it stays as is.

Archived