NJT New Schedules Out Online

SirJokaPlaya

NJT just released their new schedules for the Summer Pick starting June 25th Online.

Major Notes:

All Buses that depart from Port Authority Between 1:01 am to 5:59 am will return to the Greyhound Level Gates.

This will affect the 107, 123 (Sunday AM Trip), 124, 126, 139, 156, 159, 163, 165, 166, 167, 190, and the 10/99S buses.

125 - reduced service during the weekdays.

320 - additional trips to and from NY on Sundays

137 - Trips now to Seaside Heights

319 - Trips further beyond Wildwood, now to Cape May

22X - New Route going to Hoboken: Bus will travel Observer Hwy, Left on Newark Street, Right on Willow Ave, Left on Observer Hwy, straight to the terminal (weird.......)

67X - Service to Seaside Heights via Journal Square - Toms River Express

68 and 138 buses now have their own individual schedules

85 - Route change going to Hoboken (see 22X)

87 - Route change going to Hoboken (see 22X)

All other routes have schedule changes for the summer or just updated the Holiday Service Information panel on the schedule sheet.

That's weird, I wonder what the change is for. Same change applies to the 87 as well.

I have a feeling it is to reduce congestion trying to go from Paterson Ave to Monroe St then left onto Newark Ave, so now they just do Newark St > Willow > then Observer. Things can really get tied up there. SJP, if you've worked the 85 during rush hours (even weekends traffic can be terrible there), I'm sure you know what I'm talking about

That's weird, I wonder what the change is for. Same change applies to the 87 as well.

I have a feeling it is to reduce congestion trying to go from Paterson Ave to Monroe St then left onto Newark Ave, so now they just do Newark St > Willow > then Observer. Things can really get tied up there. SJP, if you've worked the 85 during rush hours (even weekends traffic can be terrible there), I'm sure you know what I'm talking about

It was a nightmare then, but a controlled nightmare. Now, it's going to be pure hell. The 22X, 85, 87, and 126W (I call it the 126W since it goes via Willow but there isn't no real destination sign named the 126W) on Willow turning to Hoboken Term..........Oy. Just Oy.

It was a nightmare then, but a controlled nightmare. Now, it's going to be pure hell. The 22X, 85, 87, and 126W (I call it the 126W since it goes via Willow but there isn't no real destination sign named the 126W) on Willow turning to Hoboken Term..........Oy. Just Oy.

I don't think it should be too bad, busy, but better than the route they follow now IMHO.

Not to get off topic but i always wondered why (NJT) never on summer weekends had a later 12 Noon-1ishpm trip from NYC-PABT to Great Adventure and Seaside Heights. For years I seen dozens riders go to the customer service booth middays on Sat/Sundays wanting this service.

Also a later (last bus back to NY)at around 11pm leaving Great Adventure as well on weekends.

Maybe someone like 553 can answer?

Six Flags is an allday thing. Most people want to get there when it opens or a couple hrs after it opens so they can ride all the rides and chyll the rest of the day. If your leaving NY to Six Flags 12ish 1ish your chances of of riding all the rides is slim to none.

However idk why. Sirjoka maybe can answer that. And now while schools are on trips the park on somedays closes at 5/6. Once summer starts it usually opens til 8 9 or 10 and sometimes 11.

The best days to go to Six Flags is Wednesday's; never crowded on that day.

Not to get off topic but i always wondered why (NJT) never on summer weekends had a later 12 Noon-1ishpm trip from NYC-PABT to Great Adventure and Seaside Heights. For years I seen dozens riders go to the customer service booth middays on Sat/Sundays wanting this service.

Also a later (last bus back to NY)at around 11pm leaving Great Adventure as well on weekends.

Maybe someone like 553 can answer?

b/c you would get there around 2/3pm.... It's about a 2 hour trip (including those that gotta be picked up/dropped off @ Newark-Penn)... You don't wanna GET there around that time, especially on the weekend....

Yeh, like 553Bridgeton said most people goin to Great Adventures, are planning to do so all day (not literally, but I think you get the point).... It aint like Coney Island/Luna Park where you spend 2-3 hours there, then hop on the subway & bounce.....

NJT just released their new schedules for the Summer Pick starting June 25th Online.

Major Notes:

All Buses that depart from Port Authority Between 1:01 am to 5:59 am will return to the Greyhound Level Gates.

This will affect the 107, 123 (Sunday AM Trip), 124, 126, 139, 156, 159, 163, 165, 166, 167, 190, and the 10/99S buses.

125 - reduced service during the weekdays.

320 - additional trips to and from NY on Sundays

137 - Trips now to Seaside Heights

319 - Trips further beyond Wildwood, now to Cape May

22X - New Route going to Hoboken: Bus will travel Observer Hwy, Left on Newark Street, Right on Willow Ave, Left on Observer Hwy, straight to the terminal (weird.......)

67X - Service to Seaside Heights via Journal Square - Toms River Express

68 and 138 buses now have their own individual schedules

87 - Route change going to Hoboken (see 22X)

All other routes have schedule changes for the summer or just updated the Holiday Service Information panel on the schedule sheet.

Why they wont just put the 125 out of its misery is beyond my understanding. Its a duplicate with a low ridership base that can easily spill over to other rtes. Why is it still running??? They keep reducing it untill its useless completely. Just finish off the hourse already.

Why they wont just put the 125 out of its misery is beyond my understanding. Its a duplicate with a low ridership base that can easily spill over to other rtes. Why is it still running??? They keep reducing it untill its useless completely. Just finish off the hourse already.

The 125, originally from Academy, will not go away. Will not. It's the 88's backup. The 88 is already jammed as it is. Without the 125, I wouldn't want to THINK how bad the crowding would be.

b/c you would get there around 2/3pm.... It's about a 2 hour trip (including those that gotta be picked up/dropped off @ Newark-Penn)... You don't wanna GET there around that time, especially on the weekend....

Yeh, like 553Bridgeton said most people goin to Great Adventures, are planning to do so all day (not literally, but I think you get the point).... It aint like Coney Island/Luna Park where you spend 2-3 hours there, then hop on the subway & bounce.....

Well, if I can also add, most 308's just go to Great Adventure from PABT. Unless told by a regional, control center, or a starter, no 308 leaving PABT goes to NWK.

I would say about 70% of all 308's are one shot trips to Six Flags or to NY. About 80% of the people are NY people, so NJT wants to get a NY Express bus going over there.

Of all the 308's I ever done, 70% were NY Express, and 25% were NY via NWK. I only did the NWK express ONLY ONCE in my entire time I was at NJT. Only once.

The North Wing is gonna turn in a circus on Friday and Saturday nights....it was nice when we had peace and quiet down there.

Does that mean no artics on the 159 at night?

Six Flags is an allday thing. Most people want to get there when it opens or a couple hrs after it opens so they can ride all the rides and chyll the rest of the day. If your leaving NY to Six Flags 12ish 1ish your chances of of riding all the rides is slim to none.

However idk why. Sirjoka maybe can answer that. And now while schools are on trips the park on somedays closes at 5/6. Once summer starts it usually opens til 8 9 or 10 and sometimes 11.

The best days to go to Six Flags is Wednesday's; never crowded on that day.

Well, in the summer of 2009, passenger counts for the 308 was rather down. It wasn't in the 1400 - 1700+ amount of people that were there, even on weekdays. It was struggling to get to 1,000, which by itself was surprising. But then again, the economy wasn't the best then, and still isn't any good now. And with the fares rising last year, I don't even know how many ppl went to Six Flags. Now, I remember the part closing at 9:00-ish, and the last bus leaving no later than 11. When I took people to Six Flags, I even warned people that the first bus left at 6:30 and the last at 9:30, on weekdays, and a hour later on weekends. Still, there were always stragglers that would come in late and I get a call asking me to come back to take them to NWK or NY because all the Howell and Ironbound guys already left. Why they didn't ask a HOWELL driver on the 139 or whatever line to pick them up and let them ride to NY, I'll never know, but I didn't complain.....extra hours and $$$ in my pocket! Hehehehehehehehehe!

The 125, originally from Academy, will not go away. Will not. It's the 88's backup. The 88 is already jammed as it is. Without the 125, I wouldn't want to THINK how bad the crowding would be.

OK how frequent should the 88 be??? its like not enough buses are on that line. better yet does it need gobus service???

Well, in the summer of 2009, passenger counts for the 308 was rather down. It wasn't in the 1400 - 1700+ amount of people that were there, even on weekdays. It was struggling to get to 1,000, which by itself was surprising. But then again, the economy wasn't the best then, and still isn't any good now. And with the fares rising last year, I don't even know how many ppl went to Six Flags. Now, I remember the part closing at 9:00-ish, and the last bus leaving no later than 11. When I took people to Six Flags, I even warned people that the first bus left at 6:30 and the last at 9:30, on weekdays, and a hour later on weekends. Still, there were always stragglers that would come in late and I get a call asking me to come back to take them to NWK or NY because all the Howell and Ironbound guys already left. Why they didn't ask a HOWELL driver on the 139 or whatever line to pick them up and let them ride to NY, I'll never know, but I didn't complain.....extra hours and $$$ in my pocket! Hehehehehehehehehe!

Well it makes sense to send a Howell guy lol but hey as you said more money in your pocket.

Archived